BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Love You Forever
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on July 13, 2017
I never knew the real meaning behind the book for many years. My oldest son is 14. I have been reading it for that long as I have a 6 & 3 yr old as well. I cry every single time. Every time. I just bought it for my friends who are expecting their first. I hope it touches them as it did me.
on April 5, 2014
I'll admit that, on a literal level, it's a bit strange that the mother sneaks into her son's room every night until he's a fully grown man. But if you let that deter you from reading this book to your children, you're missing the point. The message of the book is very clear: a mother's love is never ending, and her son is so inspired by that love that he chooses to pass it on to his children as well. No other children's book that I've seen has gotten that message across as strongly as this one has.

My mom and dad both used to read this to me as a child, and they even made up a tune to the oft-repeated "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always" lines that show up on every other page. A few months ago I picked it up and read it to my mom, and, even as a rough and tough 19 year old college student, I couldn't get through the book without crying.

A great gift for family or friends with young children!
on November 29, 2015
This is beyond my favorite children's book. I bought a copy and it got ruined in a flood when my son was two so I had to buy it again. This book is so sweet and my son listens so intently, he even tells me sometimes he'll "love you forever, as long as I'm living my mommy you'll be." - I always ask him to read the last page, which he has memorized. If I'm sad he will take out this book for me to read to him because he knows how much I love it. My brother died in a sudden accident earlier this month and when my son saw me crying, he ran to his room for me to read to make me happy.

Buy this book, it will bring you such joy and remind you why you love being a parent. And look up the history of the book, it is sad and brought me a deeper level of admiration for the author and book.
on June 14, 2016
This is the best book for children. I have read it over and over and over to my son and now my daughter. I have given it many times to friends as a gift. It is a classic story that will bring tears to your eyes and make you hold your babies a little tighter every single night. Love it.
on February 22, 2015
My 7 year old son purchased this book for me at a book fair at his school, that same Son just turned 30, we have purchased this book over the years 4 times when this same Son went out of state and off to college I purchased this same book and sent it to him so that he would know I'd love him forever no matter where he was, 9 years ago I moved to Las Vegas my Son sent me this book so that I'd know I was loved Forever, I just purchased this book again for my Grand Son Thorn he's 9 months old so that his father my other Son could let him know that he will Love him Forever as will I. This book has brought tears to my eye every single time I"ve read it and I read it a lot. Now that both my Son's are married and living their own lives I always want them to know that I will Love them Forever no matter what and this book has become a part of our families personal story for over 20 years now. I know that this isn't the last time this book will be purchased my family will Love it Forever.
on September 20, 2016
This is such a cute book! I have been reading it to my first son since he was a year, and my 1 year old since birth. It's an adorable book about a mothers love for her child, and goes through each phase of the childs life until adulthood. In all honesty, I cried the first time I read it. It really tugs at the sensitive side of me, and the part that dreads my children growing up. This book reiterates a mothers love even through the mundane or difficult events our children put us through. And the end is just so beautifully heartbreaking because its what every mother hopes her child will do and feel one day.
on June 16, 2016
Great book for content, but very flimsy as a paperback. Splurge on the hardback version. Such a sweet, sweet book to read with your children.
on December 21, 2016
I have loved this book all my life. I remember my mother reading it to me as a child. Honestly, I think I can recite it word for word. Such a great story. It does make me cry from time to time. Kind of like the giving tree. I highly recommend reading this book to your child. It promotes good values, love, and its not too long. Perfect for a story at bed time.
on November 1, 2013
Buy this book for your children and read it every night to them before bed. My sister owns a day care so she has tons of books and she was sorting through them and asked me if I had ever read this particular book to my kids before. I told her I hadn't and she said, " You've got to read it, please, just take 5 minutes and read it quick." She brought the book over to me and said, " here, read it, just try not to cry ! " I am a sensitive person yes, but, to cry over a children's book ! I thought to my self, sure, what ever sis , surely I'm not gonna cry over a children's book!!!! I was so positive I would not cry!! I began reading(out loud to her and day care kids), and omg there was no holding it back for me. I was so choked up I could not get the words out to read the last page. I saw the picture for the last page and from the prior page as well, and I just knew what this last page would read. It was just so very touching. This book is so real and true to life in my home and so many others around the world. This reads as if it's words had come from my own mouth. This is exactly how my life is except, I'm young still at 33 and am losing my dad. I the same as this story will always love my children and want to hold them and cherish them close until the day I can't even pick them up anymore. My dad was this way with me when I was little and still is till this day at my ripe age of 33, and now that I am losing him sooner than I should be I am holding, loving and taking care of him as he has for me all my life and no matter what, he always loved me and held me through all the good and the bad, baby to adult. I love love love this story.!!!!!!!!! You just have to please take the time and money to read this one.!!!!!!!! This story is the story of a parent's love for their child through out their entire lives, and too about the cherish, respect and love a child has for their parent through till the end of their life. Wow wow wow I just love this book so much I can't tell you enough hoe touching and to to our life cycle this book is. If this book doesn't reflect a humans life between parent and child then I feel such sorrow for you. All humans should live in love as is in this book. Kudos to the author and illustrator!!!!!!!