Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,201 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,804 reviews
on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on March 24, 2017
My gerontology professor in graduate school read Love You Forever to our class one evening. My tears started to flow. Listening to this charming and lovely story was a very emotional experience. A memorable experience that remains with me. This morning, a friend on social media asked for assistance in recommending favorite books for children. Immediately my thoughts went to Love You Forever. The truth is, this book is highly recommended reading for babies, young children, tweens, teens and adults of all ages. It is one of the most beautiful, sentimental, and empathetic written books of all time.

I discovered myself and my mother in each word. It was as though the author knew my personal story. It's a universal story, reaching across all cultures, ethnicities, ages and genders.

A mother held her new baby and v
very slowly rocked him back and forth,
And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

On the last day of class my gerontology professor gave each student a copy of Love You Ever. It has a cherished place in my home library.

The great news is Love You Forever can be purchased on Amazon.
review image
on August 17, 2016
I bought this as a gift for one of my friends because she had never heard of Love You Forever. My mom reading this book to me is one of my fondest childhood memories, even though I only vaguely understood the significance of the story when I was little. I remember the day in elementary school when I half-heartedly picked up that same dog-eared copy to read to my little sister… and broke down in tears as the full scale of the story hit me. It is the very first book to make me cry and did so before any movie or television show could, sealing my love for literature. Now I am a Chicken Soup for the Soul author and read this book to my own children. Love You Forever is the rare story that transcends generations and is the perfect gift for grandparents, parents and children. Highly recommended.
on July 22, 2015
The 5 stars is for the original book. The kindle edition only deserves 3. The pagination is off, so the text for the first spread shows up by itself, then the picture from the first spread displays with the text from the second spread, etc. The file should be updated to fix this issue, and those who have already purchased it should get the new version automatically.
review image
on November 19, 2015
Nice read, more meaningful to parents than would be to young kids. This might be a book that kids look back on as they grow older, understanding the depth of its meaning more as the years go by. The tiny little poem that is repeated in the book stays with young kids when read in an appropriate tune. My kids say, "I love you forever...." multiple times in a day since we started reading this book.
on February 9, 2017
Sorry to be blunt here but did no one else notice this book is creepy as sh**.... The mother sneaks across town in the middle of the night with a ladder waits for all the lights to be out climbs in the window... Wth
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2015
I have this book and we loved it! So I ordered it from Amazon for a baby shower gift. But was very surprised when I opened my package to find this miniature hardcover version. It's about 9"x9". The book I read to my children was larger probably 12"x12" or bigger. I do like this small size, I feel it's actually a good size for reading to small children but what I don't like is the cost. For $12-14 I was expecting the bigger book. I had no idea it was this small, had I known... I wouldn't have paid that much for it. I would have ordered the paper back version. I didn't read any reviews or look up dimensions before purchasing, lesson learned.
on July 7, 2016
We love love love this book!!! It is so sweet!

If this review has been helpful, please click YES. If I've left anything out, please feel free to ask questions. I rely heavily on reviews, photos and experiences when I make my decision to buy a product online, and I would like to know if my reviews are meeting your needs in making a purchasing decision. I would also like to know if I need to add anything. Your feedback will help me to continue to provide helpful reviews. Thank you for reading!

Disclosure: I have been an Amazon prime customer for a long time and I really enjoy writing reviews. I received this product on a promotional discount from seller for exchange of my honest unbiased review. I am not associated with the seller in any way. I am not receiving any other monetary compensation and I am not required to give a good review. The discount I get does not influence my feedback or review.

Criteria for products I review with Amazon’s Rating Criteria in Parentheses:
• 1 star (I hate it!): Feel it's a waste of money. Will never use it again. Would never recommend. Not safe to use. Either throw away or return it.
• 2 star (I don’t like it): Don't like it and wouldn't use it again, but may still have at least 1 positive thing about it.
• 3 star (It’s ok): Product has both positives and negatives, and I may or may not continue using it. Someone else may like it more and is potentially still worth purchasing.
• 4 star (I like it): Item as described in functionality, purpose and quality. May have 1 or 2 things I don't care for or would change, but not big issues. Would recommend it if asked.
• 5 star (I love it!): Practically perfect. Nothing is lacking in functionality or quality. Love it and would not only recommend, but would purchase for others and continue to purchase for myself.
on June 26, 2016
Prior to reading about the author & the story behind the book,I had not heard of it. My sons are older & did read many of the Muster Men & Frog & Toad books & a favorite was Harold & the Purple Crayon. As a family growing up. we were all readers & both of my sons were early readers. This particular book made me cry. I am much. much older now but also lost little babies through miscarriages. I had a son who was named David long before he entered this world. This was more than 40 years ago & at that time & in that place, i delivered him much earlier than expected & was alone in my bed when the contractions began & delivered him on my own & he was not born alive. The nurse came in & took him from me but would not let me see his face. It was a different time but i did mourn him. This book absolutely made me cry but i still could relate to the images presented i.e. having my older son take all of the books from the shelf, or tearing photos out of an album or giving Ernie a bath in the toilet which then overflowed when he flushed it.. There is joy & yet such sadness in this book. It kinda broke my heart again & brought my little David back to life. Yet, i do realize that i may not have my older son if David had been born alive.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2017
This has always been one of my favorite children's books. I read it to my children when they were small, I have read it in my classroom, and now I am giving it as a baby shower gift. This book tells of a mother's love from the child's birth until the death of the mother. It has a beautiful meaning and it lets the child know that a mother's love is forever.