Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,281 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,903 reviews
on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on March 24, 2017
My gerontology professor in graduate school read Love You Forever to our class one evening. My tears started to flow. Listening to this charming and lovely story was a very emotional experience. A memorable experience that remains with me. This morning, a friend on social media asked for assistance in recommending favorite books for children. Immediately my thoughts went to Love You Forever. The truth is, this book is highly recommended reading for babies, young children, tweens, teens and adults of all ages. It is one of the most beautiful, sentimental, and empathetic written books of all time.

I discovered myself and my mother in each word. It was as though the author knew my personal story. It's a universal story, reaching across all cultures, ethnicities, ages and genders.

A mother held her new baby and v
very slowly rocked him back and forth,
And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

On the last day of class my gerontology professor gave each student a copy of Love You Ever. It has a cherished place in my home library.

The great news is Love You Forever can be purchased on Amazon.
review image
on August 17, 2016
I bought this as a gift for one of my friends because she had never heard of Love You Forever. My mom reading this book to me is one of my fondest childhood memories, even though I only vaguely understood the significance of the story when I was little. I remember the day in elementary school when I half-heartedly picked up that same dog-eared copy to read to my little sister… and broke down in tears as the full scale of the story hit me. It is the very first book to make me cry and did so before any movie or television show could, sealing my love for literature. Now I am a Chicken Soup for the Soul author and read this book to my own children. Love You Forever is the rare story that transcends generations and is the perfect gift for grandparents, parents and children. Highly recommended.
on November 19, 2015
Nice read, more meaningful to parents than would be to young kids. This might be a book that kids look back on as they grow older, understanding the depth of its meaning more as the years go by. The tiny little poem that is repeated in the book stays with young kids when read in an appropriate tune. My kids say, "I love you forever...." multiple times in a day since we started reading this book.
on June 22, 2017
This book will forever hold a dear place in my heart. My mother started out reading it to me when I was very young, and as I learned to read we began reading it together. I'm not a very emotional person, but I am a momma's boy. This story is so sweet and touching that to this very day, me and my mom sign our holiday and birthday cards to eachother with "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my (baby/mommy) you'll be".

Fast forward 20 years and I now have a daughter of my own who just turned 1. I'm hoping to be able to share that same connection with her, and bought the book again since I couldn't find the copy I used to have. Just to see if it was still as amazing as I remembered it being, I immediately read through it when I received it. Again, I'm not a very emotional person usually...but about 3/4 of the way through the book my voice began to break and I had to take pauses to wipe my eyes. It's still amazing, and always will be.
on May 29, 2016
I love this little book. It's so beautiful and bittersweet.
Okay, I admit it. I first heard this rhyme on F.R.I.E.N.D.S.(The one with Emma's first birthday; Joey improvises a reading of this book as a birthday gift.) I thought it was a fictional book written by the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. writers. So imagine my surprise when I found an actual copy in the primary school where I mentored. I sat in the colourful classroom and read the rhyme while my third-grade mentee did her spelling homework. Bad idea; I had to pretend to arrange all the books while I wiped away the tears and calmed myself down.
I went home and immediately bought myself a copy to gift to my youngest sibling. I dunno if he enjoyed the story as much as I did but he sure liked the pictures.
on December 3, 2015
I have this book and we loved it! So I ordered it from Amazon for a baby shower gift. But was very surprised when I opened my package to find this miniature hardcover version. It's about 9"x9". The book I read to my children was larger probably 12"x12" or bigger. I do like this small size, I feel it's actually a good size for reading to small children but what I don't like is the cost. For $12-14 I was expecting the bigger book. I had no idea it was this small, had I known... I wouldn't have paid that much for it. I would have ordered the paper back version. I didn't read any reviews or look up dimensions before purchasing, lesson learned.
on February 9, 2014
After hearing a few friends post about this book I figured you know what I do believe I have to buy this and add it to my collection and I am so glad I did. This is one book that I plan on reading to my children as part of our bedtime reading ritual. It is one of those books that being a parent it touches your heart. You watch your baby grow from someone little to someone big and yet they are still your baby forever. And the way mom says "This kid is driving me crazy" yep I can totally relate but there is nothing I wouldn't change about that.
The repeating of I love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.
That saying says so much. I choked up when the son went to see his mom and finished off the saying when she couldn't say it.

The only true weirdness I had with the book is
1. The mom is crawling into her son's room why not walk?
2. Why is the mom using a ladder to crawl into her grown son's window just seems a bit weird for me.
I do like the concept with this book and I recommend it as a great bedtime read.
on July 22, 2015
The 5 stars is for the original book. The kindle edition only deserves 3. The pagination is off, so the text for the first spread shows up by itself, then the picture from the first spread displays with the text from the second spread, etc. The file should be updated to fix this issue, and those who have already purchased it should get the new version automatically.
review image
on June 26, 2016
Prior to reading about the author & the story behind the book,I had not heard of it. My sons are older & did read many of the Muster Men & Frog & Toad books & a favorite was Harold & the Purple Crayon. As a family growing up. we were all readers & both of my sons were early readers. This particular book made me cry. I am much. much older now but also lost little babies through miscarriages. I had a son who was named David long before he entered this world. This was more than 40 years ago & at that time & in that place, i delivered him much earlier than expected & was alone in my bed when the contractions began & delivered him on my own & he was not born alive. The nurse came in & took him from me but would not let me see his face. It was a different time but i did mourn him. This book absolutely made me cry but i still could relate to the images presented i.e. having my older son take all of the books from the shelf, or tearing photos out of an album or giving Ernie a bath in the toilet which then overflowed when he flushed it.. There is joy & yet such sadness in this book. It kinda broke my heart again & brought my little David back to life. Yet, i do realize that i may not have my older son if David had been born alive.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse