Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,365 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,012 reviews
on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on April 22, 2017
Great book one of my favorites
on March 19, 2016
This is one of the weirdest books I ever saw in my life, which is why I loved it. My daughter is 22 years old but I originally bought this when she was 3 or 4. Just a few months ago some colleagues of mine were talking about the book and they told me they had cried when they read it but they did not see the illustrations. When I started laughing at their tears, they wondered why until I showed this book to them. You have to buy it to really get it so I won't describe and it is cheap enough to buy. Buy it for your children and read it to them. Buy it for yourself, your grandchildren, your friends who have children, etc, etc. It is hilarious and it just may pull at your heart strings as well.
on January 5, 2017
I read this book to my granddaughter from birth until preteen while I rocked her before bed. Yes, every single night. When she got too big to be rocked she still wanted this book read to her before bed because it was something we had always done. This is another book that children grow up with, they will remember and brings memories back when they read it to their little ones. You will find yourself singing the song that the Mother sings to her baby, then young boy as he grows into a man. When the Mother becomes frail and the boy who is now a man comes and picks up his Mother, rocks her gently back and forth and sings I'll like you always I'll love you forever my Mother you'll be... It's such a wonderful book.
on May 28, 2015
Love You Forever is a book that has been recommended to me for the last couple of years, and I finally bought a copy. It is a really sweet book and very appealing to young children. My 2.5 year old loves it and asks me to "sing love you" every evening now. After just a couple of readings, the book has sparked a sweet ritual with us. My one criticism is that the page where the woman drives across town with a ladder to her grown son's house and creeps into his window to rock him is really just a little weird. I get that this is a book for very young children and meant to assure them that Mommy will love them forever and ever...but I do my best to skip that page with my daughter. Meanwhile, of course, like just about everyone, I can't get through the end without crying (Spoiler alert: after several times during the boy growing up and the mother rocking him and singing how she'll love him forever, the Mother is old and sick, so the son goes to her and sings the same song to her...it is so very precious). All in all, love the book, as does my toddler. It provides a great intro for me to talk about love with my daughter while she is young.
on August 10, 2017
I received copies of this book as baby gifts for each of my two children. I love it! Such a wonderful story of motherhood and the love between a parent and child that passes from one generation to the next. I almost always include this as part of my gift for baby showers.
on April 21, 2017
I've loved this book for what seemed forever BUT I love it more knowing my oldest daughter loves reading it just as much as I do.
on May 17, 2017
This book never fails to make me all cry. That, or someone is cutting onions nearby anytime it's read to my son!! lol
The ending is a bit creepy, with his elderly mother sneaking into her grown son's house to snuggle him, but the underlying sentiment is sweet.
on December 28, 2015
I enjoy reading this book,cit goes to show how much the mom takes care of her son and when the tables turn he takes care of her and then passes the value down to his own child. Death is a very normal part of life. And for children to have some sort of understanding on how children feel when they lose a loved one is good subject to talk about. Death is not always a bad thing, yes it hurts us left behind but sometimes a person suffering is way worse. When my gram passed away I was heartbroken but relieved she didn't have to live in the hospital any more. So anyways it's all in what you get out of this book. Also with the mom going through the window it just shows that moms will go to end of the world and back for their child. I know I would. I like this book. Baby didn't sit still long so I believe it could be more for a five + year old but who knows. We are all entitled to our own opinions.
on September 2, 2016
This book holds my heart in a way no other book can. My mother would read this to me when I was very young. Whenever I read this, I recall her loving-kindness with my siblings and I, even through the different phases of our lives. I am thankful for this simple, but beautiful book which serves as a kind reminder of my mother. I can only hope to be as good a parent as she and the mother described in this book were.

Thank you Robert Munsch for this wonderful book.