Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
89 helpful votes
90 helpful votes
on November 18, 2017
Out of all the books our mother read us as children, this was probably the one that stuck with us the most. It was with great pleasure that we passed on the tradition to my nephew. I purchased a copy for my sister when we found out she was pregnant. We read it to him while he was in utero and it was the first book we read him in the hospital after his birth.
on November 17, 2017
This was a gift for my sister in law, when she read it she cried, she loved it so much!!! All were happy tears. It brought back memories of her sons when they were little and things they did.... some things in the book, no all. Excellent keep sake....
on November 20, 2017
I bought this for my girls when they were young - now 28 & 32; for my grandchildren - 5, 7, 7, & 15; and most recently for a baby shower where the parents requested books. It's such a lovely story and the kids always love it.
on March 27, 2017
A classic book for children and parents. Actually more for parents becsause it addresses the circles of life which children wont understand until they have aging parents. Parents-expects a good cry. your children will grow into this timeless story.
on November 19, 2015
Nice read, more meaningful to parents than would be to young kids. This might be a book that kids look back on as they grow older, understanding the depth of its meaning more as the years go by. The tiny little poem that is repeated in the book stays with young kids when read in an appropriate tune. My kids say, "I love you forever...." multiple times in a day since we started reading this book.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on June 14, 2016
This by far my FAVORITE book to read my little one! Every time i read it i cry! I bought this copy for my best friend for her baby shower because I really wanted to get her something that there would be a very slight chance that someone else would buy her. This was perfect! ! I highly recommend this item!

I received this item promptly (in 2 days) as promised by Amazon! I love being a member to Amazon Prime!
2 helpful votes
on July 6, 2014
If you haven't read this before, and haven't been warned, DO NOT read this without a bunch of Kleenex close at hand. I am not sure how often we will be able to read this because none of us (parents or grandparents) can get even halfway through this book without tears. Beautiful illustrations, really sweet and wonderful story line.....but unless you have lived in a vacuum, or have never lost a parent, this story will grab your heart and not let go.
on July 29, 2017
Originally bought this book for my grandson, and just bought it for a baby shower gift. Wish the book was around 45 years ago, I would have bought it for my children. I cried when I first read the book. That is how special this book has become.
on April 17, 2017
Purchased this for a young mother that has a son that is doing a little too much crying!!! So I thought this little book would encourage her to know that he's going to grouw up!