Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,126 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,721 reviews
on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on April 29, 2016
Love you forever, is a very heart warming and tearful book about a mother and her unconditional love for her son, this book goes from when the child is just a baby boy and the lullaby his mom sang to him " I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I am living, my baby you'll be" the book goes on to where he is two (2) years old and in his terrible two's by him flushing his moms watch down the toilet, but at night she would creep into his room by crawling to his bed to see if he was really asleep and if he was she would rock him and sing the lullaby to him.
Then it goes to where he's around eight (8) years old and not wanting to come home for dinner and how he had a potty mouth when his grandmother came over and how stressful that was on her, however when it was late at night she would open his door and crawl to his bed and peek over it and if that boy was really asleep she would rock him and sing the lullaby.
Then hes a teenager and has weird friends and weird clothes and listens to even weirder music and she felt like she was living in a zoo, however late at night she would repeat her nightly routine of seeing if he was asleep and singing him his lullaby, then it goes on to where he moves out into his own home, and there is some nights where she would drive across town with a ladder and sneak into his bedroom window and check to see if that great big boy was really asleep and if he was she would pick him up and rock him while singing, " I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, and as long as I am living my baby you will be."
Well that mom grew older and older as well, and one day she calls her son up on the phone telling him she was old and sick to come see her, he goes to her home and when she greets him she tries to sing the lullaby to him, however she cant remember the words to the song, so he holds his mother and rocks her back and forth and sings to her, " I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always and as long as I am living, my mommy you will be." ( here I take it after he did that she passes on because of what happens next) then he goes home, he walks upstairs and stops at the top of the stairs for a while, then he goes into a bedroom where his newborn daughter is fast asleep and he picks her up and rocks her back and forth and sings the exact same lullaby to his daughter as his own mother sang to him.
This book came out when I was very young and I love it now as much as I did back then, but this book makes me cry now, I fully believe that the moral of this story is to not take life for granted, to enjoy and remember the smallest things as well as the big, that a parent's love will and always should be unconditional, that our time here on Earth isn't promised it's truly a gift that should be cherished.
Now every night I tell my kids that same lullaby but instead of baby I put their name in it so it will be more special to them.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I truly hope it has helped you some, God bless
on March 19, 2016
This is one of the weirdest books I ever saw in my life, which is why I loved it. My daughter is 22 years old but I originally bought this when she was 3 or 4. Just a few months ago some colleagues of mine were talking about the book and they told me they had cried when they read it but they did not see the illustrations. When I started laughing at their tears, they wondered why until I showed this book to them. You have to buy it to really get it so I won't describe and it is cheap enough to buy. Buy it for your children and read it to them. Buy it for yourself, your grandchildren, your friends who have children, etc, etc. It is hilarious and it just may pull at your heart strings as well.
on March 24, 2017
My gerontology professor in graduate school read Love You Forever to our class one evening. My tears started to flow. Listening to this charming and lovely story was a very emotional experience. A memorable experience that remains with me. This morning, a friend on social media asked for assistance in recommending favorite books for children. Immediately my thoughts went to Love You Forever. The truth is, this book is highly recommended reading for babies, young children, tweens, teens and adults of all ages. It is one of the most beautiful, sentimental, and empathetic written books of all time.

I discovered myself and my mother in each word. It was as though the author knew my personal story. It's a universal story, reaching across all cultures, ethnicities, ages and genders.

A mother held her new baby and v
very slowly rocked him back and forth,
And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

On the last day of class my gerontology professor gave each student a copy of Love You Ever. It has a cherished place in my home library.

The great news is Love You Forever can be purchased on Amazon.
review image
on January 21, 2016
This is a beautiful book. It's hard to read without crying in front of my 15 month old daughter, as she has an older brother who passed away at birth, and I have heard the true story behind this book is that it was originally written as a song for the two still born babies of the author, who couldn't bear to sing it anymore after they died, but ended out turning it into a book. Anyone who thinks it's "creepy", well I feel bad for you. No matter what age my children are, they will always be my "babies" in my heart, and that's really the main message of this very touching story. Truly beautiful and sad in a wonderful and very real way. A great way to teach young (and older!) children that they will always be loved forever.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 23, 2017
The first time I've heard about this book was in the TV show "Friends" when Joey read it on Emma's 1st birthday and decided that then I will have my own baby, I'll buy this book.

More than 10 years had passed from that moment and my daughter arrived in this world. When I was buying her her first book, you can guess what was my choice.

I'm a very sensitive person, so every single time I read this book - I cry. I didn't like pictures as much as a rhyme, but still I enjoy reading this book to my daughter.
on December 3, 2015
I have this book and we loved it! So I ordered it from Amazon for a baby shower gift. But was very surprised when I opened my package to find this miniature hardcover version. It's about 9"x9". The book I read to my children was larger probably 12"x12" or bigger. I do like this small size, I feel it's actually a good size for reading to small children but what I don't like is the cost. For $12-14 I was expecting the bigger book. I had no idea it was this small, had I known... I wouldn't have paid that much for it. I would have ordered the paper back version. I didn't read any reviews or look up dimensions before purchasing, lesson learned.
on June 3, 2016
I first heard this story read aloud at my kids' school Mother's Day tea party. The teacher read this beautiful story to all of the children and their mothers. What an amazing book and a heart-melting story. This book brings tears to my eyes every single time I read it or hear it read aloud. It pulls at your heart strings as a parent or even grandparent. It is a simple story about a loving mother who "rocks" her baby boy through various stages in his life and always says (as she's rocking him) "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be". And when the mother can no longer take care of herself as an old woman, her son then turns the tables and cares for her saying the same quote. And when the son has his own child (a baby girl), he passes this beautiful saying on to her while he rocks her. This is a story that anyone can relate to, especially loving and caring parents and grandparents. This is my new favorite story book and will continue to be read to my kids on a regular basis as they get older, and I will then pass this book onto them to care for their own little ones some day. A MUST BUY! Everyone should own a copy of this incredible book and add it to their home libraries!
on March 16, 2017
This has always been one of my favorite children's books. I read it to my children when they were small, I have read it in my classroom, and now I am giving it as a baby shower gift. This book tells of a mother's love from the child's birth until the death of the mother. It has a beautiful meaning and it lets the child know that a mother's love is forever.
on January 9, 2017
This book touched my heart. I have never read such an amazing book for children relating to Love and the cycle of life between a mother and her son. I laughed I cried and I loved it over and over again. Mr. Munsch you are the best sir, thank you! Donna Brino-Blackwell
review image