Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,189 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,792 reviews
on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on March 24, 2017
My gerontology professor in graduate school read Love You Forever to our class one evening. My tears started to flow. Listening to this charming and lovely story was a very emotional experience. A memorable experience that remains with me. This morning, a friend on social media asked for assistance in recommending favorite books for children. Immediately my thoughts went to Love You Forever. The truth is, this book is highly recommended reading for babies, young children, tweens, teens and adults of all ages. It is one of the most beautiful, sentimental, and empathetic written books of all time.

I discovered myself and my mother in each word. It was as though the author knew my personal story. It's a universal story, reaching across all cultures, ethnicities, ages and genders.

A mother held her new baby and v
very slowly rocked him back and forth,
And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

On the last day of class my gerontology professor gave each student a copy of Love You Ever. It has a cherished place in my home library.

The great news is Love You Forever can be purchased on Amazon.
review image
on August 17, 2016
I bought this as a gift for one of my friends because she had never heard of Love You Forever. My mom reading this book to me is one of my fondest childhood memories, even though I only vaguely understood the significance of the story when I was little. I remember the day in elementary school when I half-heartedly picked up that same dog-eared copy to read to my little sister… and broke down in tears as the full scale of the story hit me. It is the very first book to make me cry and did so before any movie or television show could, sealing my love for literature. Now I am a Chicken Soup for the Soul author and read this book to my own children. Love You Forever is the rare story that transcends generations and is the perfect gift for grandparents, parents and children. Highly recommended.
on November 19, 2015
Nice read, more meaningful to parents than would be to young kids. This might be a book that kids look back on as they grow older, understanding the depth of its meaning more as the years go by. The tiny little poem that is repeated in the book stays with young kids when read in an appropriate tune. My kids say, "I love you forever...." multiple times in a day since we started reading this book.
on July 22, 2015
The 5 stars is for the original book. The kindle edition only deserves 3. The pagination is off, so the text for the first spread shows up by itself, then the picture from the first spread displays with the text from the second spread, etc. The file should be updated to fix this issue, and those who have already purchased it should get the new version automatically.
review image
on December 3, 2015
I have this book and we loved it! So I ordered it from Amazon for a baby shower gift. But was very surprised when I opened my package to find this miniature hardcover version. It's about 9"x9". The book I read to my children was larger probably 12"x12" or bigger. I do like this small size, I feel it's actually a good size for reading to small children but what I don't like is the cost. For $12-14 I was expecting the bigger book. I had no idea it was this small, had I known... I wouldn't have paid that much for it. I would have ordered the paper back version. I didn't read any reviews or look up dimensions before purchasing, lesson learned.
on February 9, 2017
Sorry to be blunt here but did no one else notice this book is creepy as sh**.... The mother sneaks across town in the middle of the night with a ladder waits for all the lights to be out climbs in the window... Wth
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2016
This is one of the weirdest books I ever saw in my life, which is why I loved it. My daughter is 22 years old but I originally bought this when she was 3 or 4. Just a few months ago some colleagues of mine were talking about the book and they told me they had cried when they read it but they did not see the illustrations. When I started laughing at their tears, they wondered why until I showed this book to them. You have to buy it to really get it so I won't describe and it is cheap enough to buy. Buy it for your children and read it to them. Buy it for yourself, your grandchildren, your friends who have children, etc, etc. It is hilarious and it just may pull at your heart strings as well.
on June 3, 2016
I first heard this story read aloud at my kids' school Mother's Day tea party. The teacher read this beautiful story to all of the children and their mothers. What an amazing book and a heart-melting story. This book brings tears to my eyes every single time I read it or hear it read aloud. It pulls at your heart strings as a parent or even grandparent. It is a simple story about a loving mother who "rocks" her baby boy through various stages in his life and always says (as she's rocking him) "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be". And when the mother can no longer take care of herself as an old woman, her son then turns the tables and cares for her saying the same quote. And when the son has his own child (a baby girl), he passes this beautiful saying on to her while he rocks her. This is a story that anyone can relate to, especially loving and caring parents and grandparents. This is my new favorite story book and will continue to be read to my kids on a regular basis as they get older, and I will then pass this book onto them to care for their own little ones some day. A MUST BUY! Everyone should own a copy of this incredible book and add it to their home libraries!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 29, 2009
To read this book too literally is to do it an injustice. Some people have told me that the mother in this book is too protective, checks up on her son too much, etc. But read this to a child, even a very young child, and they understand that much of the description in this book is mythical, allegorical - all but the deep, enduring love of mother and child.

As more and more mothers live longer lives and as some of them succumb to disease and require caretaking by THEIR childen in later years, I think this book has special relevance. It has always been a family favorite, speaking not just of loving someone but of the importance of liking them as well - and how the two things can be distinct, especially when a child is going through an annoying phase.

The book pulls no punches about that, as I think the cover illustration reveals. Babies can make messes and teenagers can be frustrating. Any sentimentality is balanced by those realities described by the author. This is why I can hardly get to the end of this book without crying. It is about more than "love" but about the kind of commitment and enduring loyalty that endures when growth, change and aging occur. It is about life cycles.

To say the words, Love You Forever, is just one facet of love. The author has revealed what really goes into fulfilling true love. I'd recommend The Velveteen Rabbit or another book which mixes fantasy with profound truths about love. I'm facing the loss of a parent and books like these have been as helpful to me as any I've read about grief and bereavement.