Oil month Automotive Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Love You Forever
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 7, 2016
I absolutely LOVE this book!!! I read it to my daughters when they were little. Then I made sure that each one had a copy. Now I have grand children and have bought a copy for each one, have a hard cover copy, and now a Kindle copy. I read this to the children before bedtime (nap or night time). It is a great story of enduring love, loving through good times and you-are-driving-me-crazy times, from infancy to the ends of our lifetime.

This book meant even more after reading on Robert Munsch's website: robertmunsch.com/book/love-you-forever

Love You Forever started as a song.

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my baby you’ll be.”

I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn’t even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn’t sing.

After reading that, it just added to how much I love it. When I am with the grand children I will quote the song part to them. The youngest of the grand babies always replies, “My Granny be!” Just another heart-warming memory that stems from this wonderful book.
on June 22, 2017
This book will forever hold a dear place in my heart. My mother started out reading it to me when I was very young, and as I learned to read we began reading it together. I'm not a very emotional person, but I am a momma's boy. This story is so sweet and touching that to this very day, me and my mom sign our holiday and birthday cards to eachother with "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my (baby/mommy) you'll be".

Fast forward 20 years and I now have a daughter of my own who just turned 1. I'm hoping to be able to share that same connection with her, and bought the book again since I couldn't find the copy I used to have. Just to see if it was still as amazing as I remembered it being, I immediately read through it when I received it. Again, I'm not a very emotional person usually...but about 3/4 of the way through the book my voice began to break and I had to take pauses to wipe my eyes. It's still amazing, and always will be.
on March 14, 2017
I love this book. I give it to everyone of my friends who has a son. This book is a family heirloom and tradition waiting to happen. This is such a delightful read for small children. "I love you forever; I'll like you for always; As long as I'm living; My baby you will be." is the theme of the book, what a better saying for children to grow up with. As he becomes an adult, he finds he says it back to his own mother, then lastly to his own child. It's really a heart tugging book and I recommend it to anyone. The seller was great, the books came within the allotted time, even a day earlier than expected. Packaged to protect and the items were brand new. Never used. Can't beat that!!
on February 13, 2018
Love this book! I was given a copy of this book when both my children were born and it brought me to tears, in a good way because we all would do anything for our kids. My kids are in their 20's now and I still think about this book when ever someone has a baby. My nephews' wife is having a baby soon and this is going to be one of the shower gifts--I'm sure she'll love it as much as I do. I first found out about this book in church, our priest read it to the parishioners every Mother's Day and the tears would flow...
on May 25, 2016
I bought this book thinking it would be a cute story to read to my child.

Little did I know that half way through the book, I would be in tears and unable to finish reading it without stopping for a moment to regain my composure. The book was so touching it really was hard to get through the first time. I have a child who is almost 16 and one is 5. Going through these different parenting stages is part of what this book addresses. It really triggered deep emotions.

It is now a book I read often. I wish I would have read this book to my oldest when she was little. I hope my youngest cherishes it and reads it to her children and that my oldest will read it to her children.

I even bought a copy for my cousin who has three young children.

Every mother should own this book. Fathers too.
on December 26, 2016
I bought these because I have 4 nieces (very close to all) and a daughter all pregnant and these work for the "card" that goes with the shower gift. You sign the inside cover and add a special note. I got this book when the first of my 5 children was born. I - still to this day - cannot read it without crying (I'm tearing up right now.) Any mother will be able to relate to this story, if not now then when you experience your first post-toddler and beyond.
on March 29, 2018
One of my favorite stories that I have read to my children...we even made up our own little song to sing it to each other...and now I purchased it for my first grandchild to carry on the tradition!!! Perfect baby shower gift or gift to younger readers. Beautiful message of love, easy to read, good rhythm that really appeals to the reader and listener alike. I think it appeals to young children because in a way it is just silly with the sound effects and the rocking...then to see the grown man rocking his mama once she is older...that intrigues the child's sense of humor because to them, it seems impossible.
My favorite part is when the kid is a teenager with STRANGE friends and STRANGE clothes (I will have to let you read it to find out the rest..)... ha ha that makes me want to laugh out loud. Rocking a teenager back and forth seems impossible (without waking the teen) but doesn't it just tickle your funny bone to imagine it? Especially if you put yourself into the mind of a child. This is a fun book...has a beautiful message of love, was written out of love and grief...and seems timeless!!! I believe this book is inspired in so many ways because it is lyrical, has a normal call and response pattern, and stirs up the imaginative and humor side in the reader!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 13, 2017
I never knew the real meaning behind the book for many years. My oldest son is 14. I have been reading it for that long as I have a 6 & 3 yr old as well. I cry every single time. Every time. I just bought it for my friends who are expecting their first. I hope it touches them as it did me.
on July 13, 2016
This is one of my all-time favorite books.... And I finally got tattoos my parents like!
I asked my dad write "I'll love you forever" and my mom write "I'll love you for always" (some copies say like instead of love) had the phrases tattooed as a reminder that they'll always be with me.
review image
11 comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 9, 2015
To sum it up (Spoiler alert) mom crawls across her sons floor checking to see if he was really asleep throughout different stages of his life and if he was really sleeping she would rock him while singing "I'll love you for ever, I'll love you for always as long as I'm alive my baby you'll be," and then towards the end of the book he goes to see her while she is on her deathbed and he rocks her just as she did him for all those years while he sings "I'll love you forever, I'll love you for always as long as I'm alive my mommy you'll be," and then after she passes on he goes home and crawls across the floor of his little ones floor to see if she is asleep and then rocks her while singing the song. It really is a beautiful book however it's more of a book for mom then for the child IMO. I think it would be a good gift for someone expecting a baby and a nice book to read to an infant or perhaps older children? I've read it to a preschooler and toddler and neither liked it but perhaps it was the involuntary tears falling down my cheeks that made them not enjoy the book. A book that makes someone cry might be a bad book in their opinion. One other little thing I didn't like was the mother drove across town and snuck in her grown sons house to rock him and sing and that's totally weird. I imagine this fictional character from a children's book being a loving mother but a mother-in-law from hell. If you have to use a ladder to get in your child's house you are crossing major boundaries lol. Nonetheless, very sweet story about the never ending love between mother and child.