- File Size: 202 KB
- Print Length: 145 pages
- Publisher: Bufo Calvin; 20111120i edition (November 20, 2011)
- Publication Date: November 20, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006B94QEU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #572,289 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Love Your First Generation Kindle Fire: The ILMK Guide to Amazon's 1st Entertablet Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
The technique of "splinterview," in which Bufo interviews Bufo, works extremely well. With splinterview, Bufo, the interviewer asks a question about the Fire and then Bufo, the author responds. Topics are covered in a non-intimidating easy-to-understand format.
Love Your Kindle Fire: The ILMK Guide to Amazon's Entertablet is a valuable tool for Kindle Fire owners who are well-versed in technology and those who are not. Everyone who reads Bufo's book will learn from it.
This guidebook contains descriptions of tablet basics. It also includes specific controls on the Fire, what the options are, and how to access them.
It also includes descriptions of various content categories for the Fire, including applications (or "apps") and the internet. The pointer to the Pulse app, preinstalled on the Fire, was worth the price of the book for me.
Is there more to be said on the operation of the Fire? Sure. I've still got questions myself. But this will get you started with some confidence.
* By way of context, I had to locate and download my iPod Touch's user manual before I could figure out that one needed to press the circular thing to make the device do something. I did manage to figure out the Fire's "on" sequence more quickly!
Update: the author indicates that he has updated the new version with descriptions of additional apps. I have not seen the new version, but the descriptions in the blog were very useful.
Update 29 Nov 2011: I see the typos have been fixed the the book updated, so I am changing my review to 5 stars. Oddly, Amazon removed my review for a while. When I contacted Support they acted like they did not know what I was talking about, but eventually, after about a wekk, the review did return.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really do love it!! but - do have to take my older Kindle with me to read outside!Published 24 months ago by Janet Tinsley
The kindle should have come with a booklet of instructions, not having to buy instructions. I was very disappointed. There are some people who are not computer savvy etc.Published on December 13, 2012 by amg
Anything from Bufo everyone knows it will be researched and well written. Loved the apps he suggests and the reason why he likes them.Published on March 19, 2012 by plain jane
i find it absolutely amazing there are so few reviews for this blog. maybe there are thousands out there like me that make it their daily go to and just never thought to take a... Read morePublished on January 11, 2012 by K. Clisbee
When I first got my Kindle Fire, I didn't find it particularly easy to get started with using the included documentation. Read morePublished on January 6, 2012 by willearnest
I absolutely LOVE my Kindle Fire!!! No way I could ever afford a $500 tablet, and really thought that I wasn't missing out on much. Read morePublished on December 4, 2011 by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Reference
- Books > Reference > Consumer Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Consumer Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Reference > Engineering