- File Size: 202 KB
- Print Length: 145 pages
- Publisher: Bufo Calvin; 20111120i edition (November 20, 2011)
- Publication Date: November 20, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006B94QEU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #788,379 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Love Your First Generation Kindle Fire: The ILMK Guide to Amazon's 1st Entertablet Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
This guidebook contains descriptions of tablet basics. It also includes specific controls on the Fire, what the options are, and how to access them.
It also includes descriptions of various content categories for the Fire, including applications (or "apps") and the internet. The pointer to the Pulse app, preinstalled on the Fire, was worth the price of the book for me.
Is there more to be said on the operation of the Fire? Sure. I've still got questions myself. But this will get you started with some confidence.
* By way of context, I had to locate and download my iPod Touch's user manual before I could figure out that one needed to press the circular thing to make the device do something. I did manage to figure out the Fire's "on" sequence more quickly!
Update: the author indicates that he has updated the new version with descriptions of additional apps. I have not seen the new version, but the descriptions in the blog were very useful.
The technique of "splinterview," in which Bufo interviews Bufo, works extremely well. With splinterview, Bufo, the interviewer asks a question about the Fire and then Bufo, the author responds. Topics are covered in a non-intimidating easy-to-understand format.
Love Your Kindle Fire: The ILMK Guide to Amazon's Entertablet is a valuable tool for Kindle Fire owners who are well-versed in technology and those who are not. Everyone who reads Bufo's book will learn from it.
well shame on all of us. the blog is incredibly well written and never a day goes by that i do not get some useful tidbit for any of my three kindles or grab at least one sggested title to download to feed my kindle book addiction.
just today in fact i learned how handy a stylus can be for ay touch screen! yup gonna get one!
do yourself a favor try the free trial. fall in love with the 99 cent a month daily delivery direct to your kindle then come back to write your own review.
Update 29 Nov 2011: I see the typos have been fixed the the book updated, so I am changing my review to 5 stars. Oddly, Amazon removed my review for a while. When I contacted Support they acted like they did not know what I was talking about, but eventually, after about a wekk, the review did return.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Reference
- Books > Reference > Consumer Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Consumer Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Reference > Engineering