BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Chris young PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 25, 2017
As a practicing psychologist, I read a large amount of information on how to help my patients with various "new" interventions and treatments. For the past few years, self-compassion and self-love have been "hot topics" in the psychological world. I have used it with great success with many of my patients - I've come to the conclusion, that for many people who suffer from anxiety and depression, also seem to lack the ability to have self-compassion or love themselves...

There have been many books written on self-compassion /self-love by some great authors. But... This $2.99 Kindle book is almost magical in it's brevity, heartfelt message, effectiveness and practicality. I have re-read Kamal's book in order to help myself during stressful times in my life. I personally practice his self- 7-minute meditation with music and it feels awesome. Great book and highly recommended.
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
This is an excerpt from a review I wrote on my blog about Kamal's book, which truly has changed the direction of my life -

What would you be doing with your life right now if you were madly, truly, deeply in love with yourself? Just sit quietly for a moment with the question. Close your eyes and really think about it.

What would a person in your shoes do if they really loved themselves? I'm talking the kind of love a parent has for their child, the kind of fierce intensity that will drive them to do anything to ensure their child's wellness and happiness.

Even if it means giving up everything they have.

I didn't know that happiness began with getting the inside stuff right. With facing the truth about what I wanted from my life, no matter how crazy it might have sounded. So I ate. And in between eating, and working, and going out and showing how cool and happy I was by having massive drinking nights with my buddies, I started searching.

I read all the self-help books from my Dad's shelves, all the Tony Robbins and Brian Tracy and Zig Ziglar, and I loved it. I bought my own books, `Change Your Thinking', `Authentic Happiness', `How To Change Your Life in 30 Days'. I'd sit and have coffee and read and journal and dream, but I just couldn't figure out how to get from where I was to `there'.

And so I'd close my book and go home and I'd eat, and my deep down worries that maybe I wasn't so special after all would drift away.

When my (first) marriage ended, my husband wondered how he hadn't seen it coming just by looking properly at my bookshelf.

I wondered too.

In the end I did give up everything I had and start afresh. Everything, even my toaster.

And I built my life anew, a much happier and more fulfilling one. I've ticked off many challenges, said no to a bunch of `you gotta dos', and I'm enjoying my ongoing development. Safe to say, I love my life, most of the time.

But when I read Kamal's book and I looked in the mirror and tried to - without blinking - say `I love myself', I cried.

And I could just do it anyway without looking away, but at the same time I could hear the little voice telling me -

As if. You don't love yourself. Not truly. You're not worthy of love.

You have unpaid debts, a messy house, photos that haven't been printed in years. Things to put on ebay, and projects to finish.

You haven't even cleared out your inbox.

Who are you to love yourself?

The voice will tell you that if you just do this one more thing, then it will all be okay. And because you're human and you like to believe there's an answer, you listen. And you strive to do the one more thing, all the while worrying about the other things you haven't yet achieved.

You don't stop to think about whether the things you're working your life away for reflect self-love or just quiet desperation. And the need to keep enough, to be enough.

So stop.

Think about the stuff that consumes your head and your life. Think about the fact that you have one - ONE - life to live, and that it is slipping through your fingers as we speak. There goes another second of your life, DEAD. Gone, forever.

Did you love it? Did you love yourself during in it?

And how would the next year of your life change if you were madly, truly, deeply, passionately in love with yourself?

The direction of my life has changed in the past 8 or 9 days since reading this book. The real me, the one I've been hiding without knowing it, thinking won't be good enough, is coming out to play.

I thought I was healed because I quit bulimia years ago. I thought my happy, healthy, successful life was enough. And I didn't understand why it didn't feel like enough, why I felt as though I was still having to impress people or do things a certain way even with working for myself.

Starting to love myself is helping me to find myself. I hope it can do the same for you.

Get the book. It will change your life.

Kat
[...]
4242 comments| 1,224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2017
I subscribe to a "thoughts become things; choose good ones" approach to life (thanks to Mike Dooley's teachings), and Kamal's instructions/suggestions align perfectly with that. What's truly remarkable, though, is that he conveys them so clearly and succinctly and so very obviously from his heart-mind-spirit. This is a simply wonder-FULL book!
on July 30, 2014
This book is amazing, I had the opportunity to listen to you at Conscious Engineering with Vishen Lakhiani. I was so amazed with the information that I had heard on this session that I bought both of your books. I have been working with the 11 Forgotten Laws with Bob Proctor and Mary Morrisey and some wonderful authors from Mind Valley. I read your books and what I am learning with the Laws, it is becoming a clearer picture than when working with only the Laws. You have help me see where I am at and the things that I am doing and Yes, making a commit to the truth. I am so very grateful and thankful for your experiences to see my experiences are the same path. Karmal, I thank you so very much and I do appreciate the books and overcoming your fears to be free. That makes me feel that I am on the right path for me. Thank you so very much. Be Blessed
on March 12, 2014
This was a quick and easy read. The main point, clearly, is to love yourself. The author does more than merely tell you to love yourself. Which, hopefully we all know. He gives clear and practical "how-to's" to go from, maybe, not loving yourself, to being wildly crazy in love with who you are. I use some of his suggestions daily! They are practical and easy to use. Best, I am loving myself more! Hard to put a number on it, but, I do feel happier on a daily basis!
on July 12, 2013
I read about this book in another book. I am very glad to have made the purchase.

The author, Kamal Ravikant, takes a simple, direct and powerful approach in communicating his message. It is written in a very straight-forward way. Almost like he is sharing his message in a casual conversation sitting across from you. Super easy read, but packed with a meaningful message.

The message to "love yourself" is repeated time and time again throughout the book and how doing so has created a shift in Kamal that can be replicated. He shares his story in a very authentic way and places emphasis on a focused commitment and one that must be practiced. I don't think describing the book is a substitute for reading this book. However; love by it's nature conquers all. In "love" there is no place for anger, regret, fear, doubt or other negative drivers. I think there is a lot of truth to the saying, "you can't love others, without first loving yourself". The book brings loving one's self into focus and the impact it can have in one's life.

I have purchased multiple copies of the book to share with those I love in my life. I believe it will enhance their lives.
Read this book at the recommendation of a friend and it was a one-sitting read. Quick and powerful. It was sincere and the writing came from the heart, I could tell the author was not trying to impress or unravel some big agenda. He was simply sharing a discovery that had been life-changing for him and even though he says it a bit too often, I love and appreciate the message: "I love myself" is the mantra that Kamal insists has saved him from a complete downhill spiral.

I really liked how the author was honestly talking about the period of time when he was getting complacent and not doing the mantra or thinking about it as much and the results reflected in his life. Total transparency.

Personal note: I could do without the preface and all the ways you could contact or get on the mailing list or how big name bloggers helped spread the word. Just my personal style. Let the work speak for itself or maybe put that information at the back of the book. Just my preference.
on December 7, 2016
THIS is TRUE. ALL of it.
Crazy concept and feels weird but if the whole world did this the world would change.
People just need to love themselves and accept who they are and they will quit projecting their shadow onto others.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2017
I listened to this book while in bed and at other times whilst driving. I loved his style of narration and the questions almost brought tears to my eyes. I've read so many books on this genre and this one is definitely one of my favorites. I will keep listening to it and I'm inspired to love myself and to deligently do so everyday.
on December 22, 2014
More of a long article than a book. Good information, though. I bought the kindle version and it was not expensive, so I got my money's worth. I've bought other books for this price that offered more though. But if you need this information, it's not a bad investment at all. I think it does have the power to help people.