Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning victoria victoria victoria  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Wasting Light forum

Love for the new Foo!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2011, 3:49:34 PM PDT
Wasting Light

I never do this, but the new Foo Fighters album "Wasting Light" is so good, I felt I had to express my feelings, and get others' impressions as well.
I am a Colour and Shape guy as far as the Foo's sound goes. I love that album from start to finish. Even with the bonus tracks. The remake of Baker Street is worth the price alone.
But, on to the new one... Every track! Every single track. How is it that there are so many good Rock bands out there, and so few of them can release a CD like this? Here lately, I'd say maybe Godsmack's "Oracle," and PJ's "Backspacer" are the closest to accomplishing this feat.
Not only is every song supurb, I cant even put the player on random, because they are so well organized, I feel that changing up the order is somehow diminishing the product.
I am very, very hard on music these days. I'm not easy to please anymore. Not since the Grung/Post-Grunge heyday. This CD is hard to take out of the player. It's sad when i have to, but alas I must. Since I still have to listen to the Pearl Jam remasters on a daily basis. But aside from that, thanks to Dave Grohl and the boys, all my other CDs are starting to collect dust.

Posted on May 12, 2011, 9:31:01 PM PDT
The Colour and the Shape and Shiflett- this album has that lineup. Grohl, Smear, (welcome back!!!!) Hawkins, and Mendel from TCATS with the added work of Shiflett on this one and The Foo Five-ters put out one of the best albums from any band. This is their classic and I agree with you whole heartedly on this album's greatness.

Posted on Jun 7, 2011, 9:25:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2011, 1:27:40 AM PDT
I just got into the Foo Fighters about a year ago. I just listened to the samples of this album and it sounds great! Can't wait to pick it up!

Updated: Just picked Wasting Light - OUTSTANDING to say the least! Been listening to it all day - not a bad track!

Posted on Jun 30, 2011, 1:12:26 AM PDT
NewWorldKam says:
I have followed FF since the beginning, picking up right where Nirvana left off. All these years later, I am still in complete awe of the musical talent of Dave Grohl. Not only in awe...let's face it...I'm envious!

I think what makes the FOO's such a great band is a healthy respect for the bands who heavily influenced them mixed with a sense of adventure and experimentation that doesn't make them sound anything like those bands of the past. I think they are truly a "one of a kind" band in today's talent-challenged musical climate.

I like all of their albums very much for various reasons and "Wasting Light" is a tremendous addition to their catalog. It's nice to have at least one band left that I can follow album to album and know that I'm going to get a quality product every time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wasting Light forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 4, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Wasting Light
Wasting Light by Foo Fighters (Audio CD - 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars (507)