Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 198 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 256 reviews
on August 4, 2017
This book was an improvement upon Turned. I really enjoyed this one, and I feel like it was more original and less formulaic than the first one was, and it was more fleshed out as well. It continued right from the end of Turned and ended on a bit of a cliffhanger as well, but I felt the story was still self-contained in it's own overall chapter of the series. I'm excited to continue this series, and I have gone ahead and ordered through book 6 as I am really enjoying it. On another note, I had the audiobook for this one as well, and I actually listened to most of it rather than reading, and while it took a chapter or so to get used to the narrator, she really grew on me, but I was very sad to see that she did not continue narrating the series beyond this installment. Book 3 switches to another narrator, and I don't know if I will enjoy them reading it as much. I wish they had stuck with the same girl from this one and Book 1, as she seemed to fit Caitlyn very well.
on February 18, 2013
I am just so addicted to this series. I find myself smiling, serious, sad and hopeful all at the same time. The characters are great. The book flows seamlessly onto the next book with all the twists and turns. I love it! There is a huge mystery surrounding the search for Caitlin's father and the artifact that Caleb is searching for that you can't help getting engrossed in the book. And poor Sam is looking for his father and coming up short. I feel sorry for him. There is also more action in this book and right when you are totally lost in the book,you come to the end and realize you don't have the next book in the series. Bummer! Did Caleb go back on his word and change Caitlin? I guess we will have to find out in the next book.Loved (Book #2 in the Vampire Journals)
on July 4, 2017
Like all her other books this author is a very talented writer This book tells of a journey which sever all different people are involved in for a sword that will kill vampires good vs evil with a twist it is a excellent book
on December 2, 2016
I read the first two books a few years ago and then I broke my Kindle. But now that I have a new one, I re-read the last chapter and I remembered how much I love the series and I'm going to start again from the beginning. Recommend them to anyone who loves a good supernatural love story. Or just an intense dramatic story-you'll love it!
on April 8, 2017
Wow these books keep getting better and better. So exciting. So much happens and so many characters so exciting.
on April 6, 2013
The series is riveting, and carries the reader on the adventure of a lifetime as the heroine follows her destiny. It carries you along at a fast pace you are unable to break. Morgan Rice has a vivid imagination that uses parts of history to add fact to her fictitious writing. If you like fiction you will enjoy this book for this merit alone.

I thoroughly enjoyed the series, but was a little taken aback with references to religous aspects, artifacts and associations. It leads one to believe that the fight of good/evil is fought on many levels.
What I don't like about this series of books in the Vampire JOurnals is the spelling when these books were converted to Kindle. The spelling is atrocious and makes the reader work harder to interpret what Ms. Rice meant to say in her narrative when writing this book.
on April 1, 2016
This is a good clean story that is based on a little true history. When is the movie coming out??? Haha
on March 16, 2016
This story could be really interesting but it falls short. I think the author has tried too hard to make the story line about young love but the main character thinks and acts more like a twelve year old than 16 or 17. The only interesting thing about it are the bad vampires. I doubt that I will read more than the three books I have already read.
on June 27, 2015
I really enjoyed this book. It was very interesting to follow Caleb and Caitlan on their hunt for the truth and her father.
on October 6, 2012
The way she strings you along, so many questions enter your head, wanting to be answered. You can't read the first and NOT read the second, it's just too good. The cliffhanger leaves me reeling for breath, a sentimental moment cut too short. You think "Where's her father now?","Why won't he show himself","Will Kyle get his revenge?","When and How will all this end?", "It almost beats Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga,in terms of romance, but it leaves it eating dust in adventure. The 3rd book might have Twilight out of the ball park. A truly riveting 2nd book an complete page turner.