Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lovely Standards
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on April 1, 2008
At first I found Amel's singing a bit raw and serious for my taste but with a few listening you realise that she has a very nice selection and different arrangements to certain songs heard a hundred times.
A fine voice(can't wait for her next R&B album) and you get a sense of pride listening to her as it feels like her heart is poured on to every track as she sings. Track number four is my favourite.
on June 30, 2008
Amel definitely proved that she is a true jazz artist on this CD. I have to admit that I am...or was not a fan of jazz. After listening to Lovely Standards, I can see the influence jazz has had on her previous albums. (Listen to Lovely Standards, and then listen to "Infinite Possibilities"! I guarantee you'll appreciate her music more! This is a beautiful work of art! (As is all of her music)
on September 27, 2008
I STUMBLED UPON THIS CD WHILE LISTENING TO A JAZZ STATION. I'M NOT A BIG AMEL LARRIEUX FAN BUT ITS A GOOD CD, BERY RELAXING TO LISTEN TO WHEN YOU WANT TO JUST SIT BACK AND THINK ABOUT LIFE, SHE DEFINETLY WOULD BE A GREAT JAZZ ARTIST IF SHE GOES THIS ROUTE MUSICALLY...
on March 21, 2009
Amid all the previous comments, I like this album by Mrs. Amel because I have been looking for something relaxing and something my clients can listen to while in the car. (Hint: I'm in real estate) I like her previous work and this album. I admire her for being daring and taking a chance to step out of the box. She is really a true artist in my opinion. Matter of fact, I am glad that Amel decided to show us a different side of her. Lastly, I agree with other commentators who said that Mrs. Amel is underrated and that many people ask "who?" when you mention her name at first.
on December 6, 2012
I love this album. It came to me in tact except for obviously damaged exterior. I didn't expect the cover art to be damaged, but the CD was fine.
on October 6, 2013
If I could turn into anyone it would be her! LOL Her voice is so freaking melodious I wish I could just listen to her all day.
on June 1, 2013
Amel has a way with her music. She has smooth sounds that seem to stick in my head. A definite must have.
on June 5, 2007
THIS IS A VERY RELAXING AND ENJOYABLE CD. AMEL YOUR VOICE IS ANGELIC, GREAT 2 LISTEN ON A QUIET, THOUGHTFUL DAY...YOU ARE A VERY TALENTED YOUNG LADY. I LUV MY JAZZ, AND THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE, KEEP THESE COMING, IT'S AN EXCELLENT SHOW OF YOUR DIVERSE TALENT...U HAVE 2 HEAR THIS CD ON AN HIGH QUALITY PLAYER, IT'S MAGIC BABY......
on December 6, 2015
One of my favorite albums of all time. Amel knocked this new sound out of the park.
on October 6, 2013
She was great and on a good track. Now her music is TOO obscure for the larger masses who love her previous works. Quit trying new stuff and stick with what your successful at. I want to see her on a big stage but she doesn't get tour dates anymore. Small random dates yes but nowhwere else. checked Songkick website already. Probably won't record smooth jazz or r&b again... So, I won't see her. It sucks.