- File Size: 2895 KB
- Print Length: 82 pages
- Publisher: Ra Jones Publishing; 1 edition (June 6, 2016)
- Publication Date: June 6, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01GQNMZB6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#468,911 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #323 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Folklore
- #682 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Fairy Tales
- #1494 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
Lovers & Sinners (In Dreams Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
PS...Natasha is one of the best high-class-trash characters I have ever read!
This promises to be a series worth reading.
James van Lee is a lonely Romani boy, taken from his loving family and raised by his abusive father in Europe. He escapes the pain afflicted by his powerful father and finds that his isolation serves him well as he studies rock icons and becomes the leader of a rock band in Amsterdam called TASTE. (I LOVE stories about rockers and rock bands!)
James develops a bond with wealthy businessman Frank Veltzen, who sets the band on it's way to intentional stardom. James, Frank and Sugar--(who wants to be an actress), form the family James has always wished for. I love the line...Often, in a world of complexity, it takes three completely unfathomable people to make everything understandable.
Meanwhile, half a word away in Atlanta, Dr. Maggie Pickett teaches fairy tales and folklore at Emory University. She has been in love with hunky Rhett Turnquest since she was a child, but he is ensnared in the web of Natasha, who will do anything it thanks to finance her career and make her a star.
James is so compelling. I love that we are led to believe that he and Maggie met when they were very young. The dreams in this book are captivating--they have their own life. Never have I read a story as sensuous as this, which managed to retain a feeling of magical naivete. Story 1 ended with a happy right now feel, and I like that. I can't wait to see how these characters develop in Story 2.
The nightmares are based on the abusive and isolated childhood James suffered. Woven into the nightmares are dreams of a young girl he once knew.
We meet friends Maggie, super sexy Rhett and Natasha. All are ambitious yet each has a different goal. This love triangle leaves much to be desired, as Rhett moves in with Natasha, who teaches him how to pay for med school without taking out any loans. (wink)
I loved the ending as James comes to the US, although I can't help but feel that Maggie is in for a big crash even though she finally gets what she wants. The characters are well developed and the innate sexiness of this story can't be ignored. It is sensual without any graphically erotic scenes and reminded me of a new type of Valley of the Dolls revealed in a fairy tale style. It is enchanting and I look forward to Story 2 in this series.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Folklore