Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 266 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 321 reviews
on December 5, 2016
I don't know how I missed it for the last 30 years. Did I not hear it? Was it not preached? I don't know, but this book have been revolutionary to me. I grew up in the church, VBS, Christian school, Christian college, Christian summer camps - and I don't think I ever really personalized that God loved me. Furthermore, I definitely did not view that as my motivation for good works. This book is incredible. I've highlighted it heavily and will be referring to it for years. I highly, highly recommend it.
on July 16, 2017
This is just an excellent book. Jacobsen outlines how the Lord loves each of us and His desire is for us to enjoy an intimate, hand-in-hand, walk together. What is especially good about this book is that Jacobsen doesn't give you 'pat' answers or preach some 'recipe theology' but points the reader to God.

"Simply ask Him to show you the depth of His love for you and a revelation of what the Cross of Jesus accomplished."
And this:

"The quest here is not to get God to act toward you, but for you to begin to recognise how He already is."

Broken down into 4 sections all containing approximately 6 shortish chapters, Jacobsen encourages us to recognise that we are God's beloved and once we come to truly believe this in both our heart and mind, His love can and will transform us to lead the lives He created us to live and that bring Him glory.

This is the relationship I want and the life I want to live.

Written in a very conversational style with plenty of good explorations of Bible passages, this is an enjoyable and inspiring book to read that will help you to better understand the depth of God's love for you and increase your thirst for more of Him.
on April 25, 2014
I don’t write many reviews as I have to feel strongly to do so. I found Jacobson’s “He Loves Me” in the resource list in the “The Shack”. I was moved by The Shack and yearned for the reality of such a loving God and Trinitarian relationship. He Loves Me, in conjunction with The Shack Revisited, provides the theological underpinnings for the reality of such a relationship. From these works, I was impressed by God that (1) people are by nature separated from seeing God as He is, (2) After 40 years of serious Christianity, I didn’t perceive God as He is, (3) I made up the God and religion I had been worshipping, (4) there was absoliutely nothing I could do to bridge the perceptual & experiential reality gap between God and myself. I was in utter despair that there was NOTHING I could do to be good enough to accurately perceive God. Then the passage was illuminated that “nobody understands the Father but the Son, and whosoever the Son reveals”. I prayed to Jesus to show me the Father and I let go of the religion and God of my own creation. Jesus did indeed reveal the Father and established His Presence within me which has never left a single day since. In an instant, 40 years of a performance walk was shifted into an intimate, personal relational walk of abiding in Him. This book was used by God to create a watershed moment in my spiritual walk. I think the message is life and death in importance.
on January 23, 2017
Simply fantastic. One of the best books I have read on how much God loves each of us, no matter what! I would recommend this book to anyone who thinks that God is keeping track of what we do wrong.
on August 17, 2016
This book has left me in a state of being turned up side down as far as what I have been told in churches the past thirty years. I don't know where to even start putting my theology back together again. Thank you for writing such a profound book. Absolutely wonderful.
on December 24, 2014
This was the first book by Wayne Jacobsen after his collaboration on "The Shack" that I read by him. Since I was not particularly happy with that portrayal of The Father, the son, and holy spirit, I was skeptical when a friend gave me this book to read. I tried really hard to find something in there with which I could take issue. But, alas, I could not. Actually, after attending a For My Life Conference, by Dr. Henry W. Wright, and having "The Father's Love" ministered to me, at the unction of the Holy Spirit, I came to understand that I had a long-held accusation against my heavenly Father as the result of a discipline my earthly father administered to me at the age of 5 or 6 that I thought was unfair. After forgiving my earthly father and repenting to my Heavenly Father, for this evil agreement with the evil spirit who put that thought into my mind, my Heavenly Father, forgave me and He became such an incredible source of love, understanding, and enlightenment to me. To me it was amazing. So I did not think there was anything else that could improve that relationship. I was wrong. This book came to me after that experience, which I understand that my Heavenly Father orchestrated, and stretched me even more in my understanding of His love for me. Both experiences created in me an increased longing to be in the presence of my Heavenly Father continually. I don't know where you are in your journey with your Heavenly Father, but if He directs you to read this book, look to find what He is wanting you to know about Him. AND ENJOY.
on April 22, 2017
Such a good book on realizing how much God loves us. I have read many books on Gods love (must need a lot of help there) and this is certainly on the top of the list.
VINE VOICEon July 19, 2008
Wayne Jacobsen came to my attention through his relationship with William P. Young, the author of "The Shack." Wayne has been writing for some time and has had impact in different circles through different ministry roles and previously through an editorial relationship with Leadership magazine.

I'm sorry it has taken this long for him to come to my attention. Through the influence of "The Shack" and another book that Wayne co-wrote, "So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore?", Wayne has had a profound influence in my thinking and views toward God and the Church. More importantly, in this book, Wayne does an excellent job of demonstrating the roots of those previous works in Scripture and practical theology in terms of the person of God and how He wants to relate to us.

Christianity is rife with lip service as to the importance of Grace in underlying the foundation of a personal walk with God. In practice however, many Churches and Christians of all ilks and persuasions quickly move past that lip service into forms of legalism and phariseeism that make it clear that if Grace is the foundation of the beginning of a walk with Christ, it certainly has little to do with what comes after. Guilt, shame, manipulation and coercion quickly raise their heads and become the motivator for far too many of us.

William Young, the author of "The Shack" recommends this book on the back cover as the best book he can suggest for those who have read "The Shack" to help everything begin to make sense. I can recommend no better than that myself.

This is a deeply freeing book to read, to grasp but more importantly to begin to live the concepts present.

I highly recommend it and will return to it myself many times.

5 stars.

Bart Breen
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2014
Wow! The freedom of being a son, not having to earn anything, Wayne does a great job of showing how our culture and previous teaching has built in our thought process the wrong ideas. To be free of that,takes a whole rebirth of our way of thinking.

It's all about walking with God as our Father. Great stuff! This is not a book that can be read fast, you'll find yourself re-reading sections, thinking and praying about it, reading chunks to your spouse and children, thinking and praying about it. Letting the Father change how I think.

I'd recommend it to anyone. Some won't get it, those that feel more comfortable keeping checklists with God, I'm not one of those anymore.
on May 18, 2014
This book made me feel better and understand God more than any book I have read in my long life. The first two sections reminded me of things I had heard and thought all my life. Then beginning in the third section the light comes on. Wayne Jacobsen has done an excellent job of showing you just what God is really like and what He thinks about me.
I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated how he conveys how much God cares about man.
I loved the book so much that our book club at church has chosen "He Loves Me!: Learning to Live in the Father's Affection" as our May book of the month. Can't wait for the meeting to discus it.