- File Size: 402 KB
- Print Length: 67 pages
- Publisher: Clean Reads (July 22, 2013)
- Publication Date: July 22, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00E3LE4JU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,359,756 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Love's Refrain Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Lady Laura Montgomery comes to London for the season to act as a chaperone for her younger stepsister, but when she meets the dashing Earl of Covington, the season becomes much more interesting. As for the Earl, he is drawn by her beautiful voice and love of music, but is captivated by her honesty and charm.
I really like how Ms. Kiyono deftly wove her love of music into this book without turning it into an information dump. She is obviously a master of both writing and plotting a delicately writing and enchanting book.
I urge you to treat yourself to it!
The story is sweet and does not contain any explicit scenes. I think my teenaged daughter will enjoy it as much as I did.
The editing is well done. I found only one mistake that jumped out at me, and that was a missing beginning quote near the end of the story, when Laura is speaking to her father. One of her father's responses is missing the beginning quote. I'm sure the author or publisher will probably fix this shortly.
Lastly, please be aware that this is a short story. The story ends at about 78% and is followed by an excerpt for another book by the same publisher. This isn't a problem for me, but I wanted to let other potential readers know.
I purchased the book directly from the publisher and loaded it to my Kindle. I did notice that, when opening the book, it went immediately to the table of contents, which is at the end of the book. I had to select chapter one to go to the beginning of the book. Again, I didn't consider this a big deal but thought I should mention it to help others.
Miss Kiyono had me crying one moment for the love Laura thinks she's lost, to laughing the next when Laura's father, Lord Norwood, tells his daughter: "Embarrassing? This from the young woman who marched into her father's study and demanded to be fitted for a corset?"
This heartwarming novella will delight and entertain you! I highly recommend Love's Refrain.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Historical
- Books > Romance > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational