Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Loving Yourself: Four Steps to a Happier You
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 26, 2015
This book should have way more readers & reviews! Please read if you are struggling with yourself whether it be from a relationship, family issues, or you just want to learn to truly love yourself. She does an amazing job of getting deep down to the root of your problems in order to fully accept yourself & why you feel or act the way that you do. I was helped in so many ways, I treated myself better & didn't compare myself to others, I learned even more to speak up on my own behalf, etc. she also starts each chapter with a really good quote, one you've probably never heard before. You won't want to put it down...Except maybe to wipe your tears. It can get a bit reminding of a hurtful past, but for good reason, you can feel yourself beginning to heal. I actually lost my copy & am about to re-order. Truly an amazing read!
on March 8, 2015
I have just begun this book. It is a small yet powerful book. After reading the first step it took some inner searching to finally begin the journey and putting my theme into words. I have noticed a change already in my self talk and the hamster wheel that I just couldn't seem to stop.. I would recommend this book to anyone searching for inner peace through loving yourself first and foremost. I am a survivor of a narcissistic psychopathic relationship and the devastation to your self trust and self esteem is tremendous. This book has helped me begin the journey back to me and loving the person I am.
on March 30, 2009
This was an excellent book. Beautifully written. The only passage that bothered me was when she mentioned a Korean practice called Dahn Hak. If you do a search for it, you'll find that it's manipulative, money-based, cult-ish, etc. It's too bad because the majority of the teachings are beautiful, like honoring your body "I love you, my beautiful face." etc. I do highly recommend this book. It'll teach you how to love yourself.
7 people found this helpful
on November 14, 2013
This book should be read by every single person on earth, as we all have are own problems from growing up in our household, as no Mom or Dad is perfect, we all have our childhood issues, with this book we will learn how to deal with them, and overcome them as adults in are own way, to help us become a better person.
3 people found this helpful
on January 11, 2013
Many woman do not feel validated to express what they need in life and tend to be unhappy. This is a great, easy read, to learn why you may have developed the view that their need do not matter and have a lot of negative thoughts about themselves. This gives easy tools to become more loving to yourself and help you speak up in life.
on April 19, 2015
I wish I could find this and her other books on audio. She would be playing in my ears 24/7!
on October 17, 2010
Daphne Rose Kingma turns her attention to the importance of self love as it relates to our personal success with others. "Loving Yourself" leads us to examine the many ways we sabotage our own goodness and guides us in the direction of wholeness.
2 people found this helpful
on February 15, 2015
It was blah. Didn't get anything from it.
on July 6, 2011
I find this book REALLY good and provide me with many insights. Some of the topics covered I didn't even realize is part of self-love, such as speaking out and acting out. It was an easy read, and the examples are very helpful. It is insightful, really makes you stop and think about yourself, and always look within when there's an issue. Would definitely recommend to my friends!
on May 5, 2013
It's in the title of this book. Get this book and take the first step to understanding what it is to loving yourself just the way you are.
2 people found this helpful