4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Lowel EGO Digital Imaging, Tabletop Fluorescent Light Unit
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Lowel Ego makes beautiful tabletop pictures a breeze to light.
- With no prior experience, you can quickly & easily create professional results. Shoot pictures that have depth, subtlety of shading, and character.
- Perfect for: Tabletop photos for collectors & sellers. Video talking heads & portraits. Webcam light.
- Easy to use, set it on the table, & plug it in.
- Works with any household 120 volt outlet.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Now anyone can create great looking professional results in their home. Lowel, the Academy Award winning world leader in location lighting for film & video, introduces a revolutionary tabletop fluorescent softlight, the elegant & easy touse Lowel Ego. Setup is a breeze, plug it in, place it on the table, & turn it on. The result is fast, simple, & beautiful light output that's ideal for taking digital tabletop shots by collectors, arts & crafts hobbiests, sellers, archivists, and desktop publishers. Ego can also be used for DV talking head shots, digital still portraits, and webcam desktop video conferencing. Lowel Ego uses two 27 Watt custom daylight fluorescent lamps. These screw-in lamps have a manufacturers listed average life of 5,000 10,000 hours. Their daylight color output has a high color rendering index, for more accurate colors than conventional fluorescent lamps.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The light itself is beautiful. Daylight bulbs are wonderful for many purposes. For mine, food photography. I wasn’t sure the light would be large enough with the included bounce card it is. It does, as reviewers say, give off enough light to shoot all hours of the day. I do not turn on any other lights when shooting to ensure it doesn’t mess with the balance, and it still illuminates nicely. I have my staging set up by a north window and do not even need to have it open as the light is effective.
It will serve my purposes but if I’m traveling indefinitely will keep it assembled. I don’t know why they couldn’t design it assembled as it is so small and lightweight there’s no need to make it even more compact. The trade off of it being a pain to assemble is not worth it, in my opinion.
Price is a little high for the product. I have spider lights that have more bulbs and is a lot larger. It is more expensive of course but can be used for a lot more that what this will. However, for my needs this is a great option. You are definitely paying for the bulbs not the product design.
The only thing that was a little confusing when I first got it - it came without two little plastic caps you need to create the bowed structure of the light. The company I ordered from quickly resolved this problem and the light functioned without the plastic caps, but I was relieved when they sent the caps anyways (the caps are a safeguard to keep the light from collapsing).
Six months ago I switched to these lights instead and have been pretty happy. It's taken some playing around to figure out the right way to position them so I don't get too much glare off shiny objects like plates or glasses, but still get enough light for the right amount of shadows and brightness in my pictures. Overall it's been a pretty good experience.
The only thing I don't like at all is the construction of these lights. When they come you have to assemble them, which I found to be a bit tricky and the whole time I kept thinking how cheap the construction felt for how much they cost. Granted, they are MUCH cheaper than a lot of professional lighting equipment, but for the price I wasn't picturing something that had to be assembled or seems like it could be damaged so easily. Thankfully, six months later these have held up well even though I sometimes cart them to other locations to shoot, but I am a little bit nervous about how these will hold up 1 or 2 years down the road. If they do fail expect that I'll come back and update this review so if anything happens.
Sure, I have regular studio lighting equipment, but when I'm shooting food or a product, I don't want to have to set that up, then break it all down. At least when this Lowel EGO goes together it's easy to grab and use with little hassle. I found the light to be more than adequate and has a nice clean look to it. I will try to post a photo I took with it, side lit and using the bouncer that came with the set.
So far, I'm satisfied with this purchase