Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 12, 2013
This is a nice little toploader for a small, compact system camera. In my case, I traded an older Canon DSLR for a new Fujifilm X-E1 with 18-55 kit lens, which is much smaller than the Canon body (EOS 40d). I needed to downsize my older Lowepro TLZ.

I was looking for a simple topload zoom type case that fits my new system but is as small as possible since my primary use for this will be to attach to the sternum strap of my backpack while on extended backcountry trips. This keeps the camera at the ready on my chest since removing my overnight pack is a hassle. A larger case in this position restricts my peripheral vision, is heavier, and is awkward hanging off my pack straps.

This fits my new Fujifilm very well, if not perhaps slightly snugly, in the lens-down position. I typically use a Really Right Stuff L-bracket with this body. The camera will NOT fit in the lens-down position when the L-bracket attached. However it will fit in the lens-to-the-side position with L-bracket attached....which will be the typical way I'll carry this. I suspect if I purchase any larger lenses in the future, such as the 55-200 zoom, it will not fit in the sideways configuration.

All in all, the case is well made, simple, provides enough storage area that I can fit in a small SD card case (Gepe type), a couple extra batteries, and maybe another small accessory or two. If this provides the long service life that my older Lowepro did, I'll continue to be very happy.

This is a very new case to me, so I can't comment on long-term durability only to say it appears well-made. I hope this review is helpful for someone looking for a simple, low-profile case for a Fujifilm X-E1 (I had a heck of a time finding one that wasn't oversized).
33 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 1, 2014
Small and compact fits my canon T3i like a glove with a little room on top to also store the strap. There are two solidly built zippers that keep the camera from falling. Removing camera is a little tight due to the width of the bag but not a big deal. It comes with a strap that can be used to carry bag on shoulder and behind the bag a is a slot to place on your belt. In my opinion, I would not use the belt option because it's a little clunky and the bag sticks out too much and adds too weight making my pants sag like one of those teenagers we see everyday. The bag also also has a carry handle that is also useful your shoulders get tired. The bag offers great protection for the camera from drops but I would not recommend dropping too often as these are expensive pieces of equipment and the shake rattle & roll may damage the inner circuitry of your camera. There are two side pockets for holding things like keys, phones and a front zippered pocket that can carry memory card, cash, etc... It is too narrow to carry anything else. This is a great quality bag but is limited by the amount of extra items you can carry such as extra lens, charger. However, I knew that when I bought it and am an not lowering my review due to the size. Bottom line, buy this bag for its quality, size ability to protect your camera.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 31, 2013
This is a nice case that seems to be well made, although I haven't had it very long. I bought it for my Panasonic Lumix FZ200. I always leave the lens hood on and it's a good fit. I've had a larger Lowepro case for my Canon DSLR for many years and it's still in good shape, so hopefully this case will last as long. I like the removable dividers and the assorted pockets for accessories. I took one of the two dividers out and put the other one close to one end to hold the battery charger and there's enough room to put the camera in easily either lens up or lens down. It doesn't quite fit sideways since I have the battery charger compartment at the end. The bag is a good size, not too large or bulky. Minor complaints are that the "formed" top is a little awkward (although its construction helps add protection) and the clasp is new and still pretty stiff which makes it difficult to pinch to unclasp. All in all though, this is a good case for the price and I'd recommend it.

**Update - 10 months later**
I'm still happy with this case. It has held up well through regular use. The clasp hasn't really loosened up, but that's not a huge problem.
on March 4, 2015
I have a couple of superzoon (or bridge) cameras plus a compact. I can fit all of those in this bag as well as a filter adapter tube, some filters, spare batteries and cables. With the velcro adjustable dividers provided with the bag I can get everything in and nothing is rattling against anything else.

I have been carrying it with me on a daily basis for a couple of months now and the bag still looks like new so I am confident that it is going to last well.

The carrying options are good to. A comfortable grab handle and a shoulder strap are both up to the job though most of the time the bag lives inside my backpack.

I got another for my wife and she is happy that she can fit her compact system camera along with an extra lens, flash, and accessories plus a compact camera. Again, the dividers allow that load to be safely stowed in the bag.

For the price, I think that you cannot go wrong. I did not see any better combination of carrying capacity and quality at this price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 5, 2015
This bag is just the right size for my Lumix GX7 plus 1 extra lens and spare battery. The only problem I had with this (that's why I'm giving it only 3 stars) is that one of the snap of the strap buckle is missing (see attached pictures). I could have send it back for exchange but Amazon don't have an even exchange option for this product, only return. I just hope the strap buckle would not totally break later.
review imagereview image
on December 29, 2016
Great DSLR bag. I have the Nikon D5500 and it fits no problem. It has 2 side pockets that are great to hold extra lenses or the camera charger. Front pocket is perfect for holding extra SD cards or the like. The case is big enough to hold the camera w/ a prime lens and another telescopic lens on top of that (albeit a tight fit). If you plan on traveling with the camera and a bunch of lenses, then you may want to think about getting a larger size. But if you want something lightweight to hold the camera and maybe 1-2 lenses, this is perfect.
on July 1, 2014
I like this bag very much. It has a lot of padding inside which I like because I go backpacking often (in the wilderness and international travel) and it protects my camera very well when it is stuffed inside of a backpack. However, it clearly has the appearance of a 'camera bag' and for international travelers you may want something more discrete (I looked forever for a 'discrete' bag and did not find a good one...). I plan to rip off the logo and take off all of the orange trim when I travel abroad. Also, this bag does not appear fully waterproof (albeit I have not exposed it to water yet) but it does appear very durable and well constructed.

Inside this bag I keep my camera (Nikon D3200 with kit lens), neck strap, CPL filter, lens hood, cleaning cloth and extra memory card. There is room for much more, I'm sure i could also fit a doubler lens, but this bag is still very compact. Overall very pleased, but it would be nice if it appeared more discrete and was waterproof.
on March 7, 2011
I bought this LowePro to house an Olympus E-PL1 camera and two kit lenses (14-42mm and 40-150mm).

With the Olympus electronic viewfinder installed this bag is a snug fit.

With the 14-42 mounted on the camera there is room for the 40-150 if one removes one of the two dividers provided with the bag. With the 40-150 mounted there is no way to conveniently store the 14-42 within easy reach. You can store all of the bits and pieces, but ease of access suffers.

That being said, the bag is built quite solidly. While there is no rain cover included in the bag the bag itself has good weather protection. Note that this bag is not an "AW" model - LowePro's code for "All Weather". The lid has a solid zipper and overlaps well. I have several LowePro bags and they are all of good quality.

There is a small pocket in the back of the bag, but the Olympus camera manual will not completely fit in it; an inch or so protrudes from the pocket.

There is room in the front pocket for a spare battery and SD cards, lens cap, etc.

The two pockets on either end of the case are quite small, and a drink bottle would not be a good fit. Car keys, perhaps, or loose change.

The interior is unfortunately a loud shade of orange; I can only assume that it's purpose is to use as a signaling device should one become lost at sea. (Edit - actually of course the color is because most camera accessories are dark colored and an orange liner allows small items to be easily be seen in the bottom of the bag. Makes much sense in a large bag, not so much perhaps in a bag of this size).

The bag is advertised for holding "a DSLR" camera - if so they must have meant a very small DSLR indeed; the micro four thirds Olympus (with viewer attached) is about as large as I'd care to fit into the bag. A couple of inches fore and aft would have been most welcome - but it does serve the purpose for which I purchased it.

Recommended - if one is looking for quite a small bag.

Update, 1 year later:

The bag is still in excellent condition, having been carried hither and yon in four seasons of Michigan weather. I have added the Panasonic 20mm pancake lens to the kit. If one mounts either the 14-42 or the 20mm lens on the E-PL1 body the remaining lens and the 40-150 kit lens can be "stacked" in the remaining free space in the main compartment of the bag.
on September 6, 2013
Okay, first things first...the side pockets at each end should have zippers instead of elastic closures. The pocket area on the inside with the zipper is tight and a charger with spare battery would really stretch out the storage cloth. So, the battery and charger stores with your camera and lens loose inside the bag or in the side end pockets, which is where I put the charger and battery. Hopefully, should the bag get turned upside down, I won't lose either. I might work something out, i m nervous about loss. Now, the good stuff. Great space size...not too big and a nice small pocket for memory cards. The inside is just right for a Lumix GF3 with a compressed 150mm attached, and 3 smaller lenses. Quality is really good as I've come to expect from this brand. It's not too large like a DSLR bag. I would give it 4 1/2 stars.
on August 28, 2014
This almost perfectly fits the Olympus OM-D E-M1 with 12-40/2.8 zoom and lens hood, but snug fit requires a bit of care to get the camera in and out of the case. Camera strap takes the rest of the space in the main case compartment, leaving no more room.

Additional zippered pocket can hold some small items, such as spare battery and memory cards. Finally, there are a few open pockets which could be useful at times. Strap hardware is plastic but seems sturdy enough, and the strap is wide enough to be reasonably comfortable. Good quality case materials and construction. The case should resist a few rain drops, but I don't think it would be rain proof in a downpour. While I don't know about its durability yet, this case should serve very nicely.