Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 7, 2011
I bought this LowePro to house an Olympus E-PL1 camera and two kit lenses (14-42mm and 40-150mm).

With the Olympus electronic viewfinder installed this bag is a snug fit.

With the 14-42 mounted on the camera there is room for the 40-150 if one removes one of the two dividers provided with the bag. With the 40-150 mounted there is no way to conveniently store the 14-42 within easy reach. You can store all of the bits and pieces, but ease of access suffers.

That being said, the bag is built quite solidly. While there is no rain cover included in the bag the bag itself has good weather protection. Note that this bag is not an "AW" model - LowePro's code for "All Weather". The lid has a solid zipper and overlaps well. I have several LowePro bags and they are all of good quality.

There is a small pocket in the back of the bag, but the Olympus camera manual will not completely fit in it; an inch or so protrudes from the pocket.

There is room in the front pocket for a spare battery and SD cards, lens cap, etc.

The two pockets on either end of the case are quite small, and a drink bottle would not be a good fit. Car keys, perhaps, or loose change.

The interior is unfortunately a loud shade of orange; I can only assume that it's purpose is to use as a signaling device should one become lost at sea. (Edit - actually of course the color is because most camera accessories are dark colored and an orange liner allows small items to be easily be seen in the bottom of the bag. Makes much sense in a large bag, not so much perhaps in a bag of this size).

The bag is advertised for holding "a DSLR" camera - if so they must have meant a very small DSLR indeed; the micro four thirds Olympus (with viewer attached) is about as large as I'd care to fit into the bag. A couple of inches fore and aft would have been most welcome - but it does serve the purpose for which I purchased it.

Recommended - if one is looking for quite a small bag.

Update, 1 year later:

The bag is still in excellent condition, having been carried hither and yon in four seasons of Michigan weather. I have added the Panasonic 20mm pancake lens to the kit. If one mounts either the 14-42 or the 20mm lens on the E-PL1 body the remaining lens and the 40-150 kit lens can be "stacked" in the remaining free space in the main compartment of the bag.
on October 7, 2016
The bag has plenty of cushioning and was small enough to fit in my hiking backpack (which is something I was looking for). I also liked the buckle / zipper top. I could leave the zipper undone and just close the lid with the buckle for easier access. However, I did end up returning the bag because I just thought it was too small. It could fit my DSLR and ONE lense, but there was no room to spare. If I'd had a larger lens on (I only tried it with my 18-55mm lens), I'm not sure the camera and lens both would have fit. I also definitely could not get the camera and two lenses in this bag (despite some reviewers suggesting that you can). If you're looking for a relatively small camera bag that will hold your camera and not much else, this is a pretty good bag. If you are looking to carry a little more with you, opt for a larger bag
on May 12, 2013
This is a nice little toploader for a small, compact system camera. In my case, I traded an older Canon DSLR for a new Fujifilm X-E1 with 18-55 kit lens, which is much smaller than the Canon body (EOS 40d). I needed to downsize my older Lowepro TLZ.

I was looking for a simple topload zoom type case that fits my new system but is as small as possible since my primary use for this will be to attach to the sternum strap of my backpack while on extended backcountry trips. This keeps the camera at the ready on my chest since removing my overnight pack is a hassle. A larger case in this position restricts my peripheral vision, is heavier, and is awkward hanging off my pack straps.

This fits my new Fujifilm very well, if not perhaps slightly snugly, in the lens-down position. I typically use a Really Right Stuff L-bracket with this body. The camera will NOT fit in the lens-down position when the L-bracket attached. However it will fit in the lens-to-the-side position with L-bracket attached....which will be the typical way I'll carry this. I suspect if I purchase any larger lenses in the future, such as the 55-200 zoom, it will not fit in the sideways configuration.

All in all, the case is well made, simple, provides enough storage area that I can fit in a small SD card case (Gepe type), a couple extra batteries, and maybe another small accessory or two. If this provides the long service life that my older Lowepro did, I'll continue to be very happy.

This is a very new case to me, so I can't comment on long-term durability only to say it appears well-made. I hope this review is helpful for someone looking for a simple, low-profile case for a Fujifilm X-E1 (I had a heck of a time finding one that wasn't oversized).
33 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2015
This bag is well built and feels like a quality bag. The bag is a bit smaller than I thought it would be. I have a Cannon Rebel T6 with 18-135mm kit lens. I can fit it inside as described (with the lens attached) but it is a tight squeeze. With the lens pointing downwards the back side of camera fills the entire area of the opening. I can insert some accessories such as chargers, lens caps, etc along the side of the lens before putting the camera inside but it may not hold another lens. I like things to fit snugly but not as tight as here. My camera has a strap attached and I find it real hard to squeeze the strap around the camera. We are talking about a beginner's basic SLR camera without much kit involved.
Overall this is a quality product but I wish it were an inch bigger in all dimensions. I would probably be returning it and getting a slightly larger one.
on May 24, 2014
I needed a medium bag to fit my Sony NEX-5, 16-50mm lens and 55-210mm. I could contain everything in this bag (with lens hood, when reverse mounted). I can adjust interior pockets to carry the camera with either of the two lens attached, and still have room for the remaining lens. I also found enough room inside to carry the recharging cable and flash. The top has duel YKK zippers and an over flap strap for easy access. A front zippered pocket has two interior pockets inside. One slot for additional memory and another slot for an extra battery or lens caps. There are pockets on either side for miscellaneous items (like the shoulder strap when not in use) and a larger pocket in the rear for flatter items, like the camera manuel, if no bigger than 5 x 4 1/2 inches. All three pockets have elastic tops for easy access. The bag and shoulder strap (1 1/2 inches wide) are made very well. A belt-loop on the back would have been nice, but you can't have everything. It's still a great buy.
on March 31, 2015
The front zip pocket under the flap is kind of useless because once the camera is in the bag it's a really tight fit to get anything in that compartment. It's a nice padded bag but it could have used more zippered compartments on the outside that are deeper to accommodate filters, brushes and whatever else. I'm not a huge fan of the pockets on the sides with the rubber band because they're not sufficiently secure and I can't really put anything in them without fear that it will fall out (unless it's a water bottle or something significantly sized). The strap is adjustable and is quite long (I'm 6'0").
on September 27, 2013
It's a little tight on space in the outer front pouch and the side pouches have no flap/cover, but overall this case seems to be a good fit for the Lumix FZ200 with its charger and a few additional accessories. Unfortunately, I'm in the process of replacing the initially delivered item with one that has two clips on the strap since the initial one came with only one. This is my 3rd Lowepro case across my modest camera arsenal and I am pleased with its overall quality. The orange interior gives nice contrast to small dark accessories that may be in the bag. Based on others' opinions I plan to stow the FZ200 (with lens hood attached) lens down in the case.

I took one star off for the initial delivered item problem and for the reasons noted in the first sentence of my review. Overall, I would recommend this case for the Lumix FZ200.
on July 1, 2014
I like this bag very much. It has a lot of padding inside which I like because I go backpacking often (in the wilderness and international travel) and it protects my camera very well when it is stuffed inside of a backpack. However, it clearly has the appearance of a 'camera bag' and for international travelers you may want something more discrete (I looked forever for a 'discrete' bag and did not find a good one...). I plan to rip off the logo and take off all of the orange trim when I travel abroad. Also, this bag does not appear fully waterproof (albeit I have not exposed it to water yet) but it does appear very durable and well constructed.

Inside this bag I keep my camera (Nikon D3200 with kit lens), neck strap, CPL filter, lens hood, cleaning cloth and extra memory card. There is room for much more, I'm sure i could also fit a doubler lens, but this bag is still very compact. Overall very pleased, but it would be nice if it appeared more discrete and was waterproof.
on December 17, 2014
Bought this for a Panasonic Lumix FZ200 even though it was bigger than the ones recommended for my camera on the Lowepro website. Since I had already returned the TLZ 15 since it was tight on the camera, this was the right decision! Fits the camera well without scraping it up like a smaller tighter case would but the inside dividers fold in a way that it holds the camera up from resting on the lens/shade. There was enough space behind the dividers to store my charger, straps and memory cards. Good quality product, timely shipping and great price - highly recommend!
on May 14, 2015
Good value in a camera bag. No bells and whistles, but it holds the camera and at least one medium-size spare lens, batteries, charging cables, and as many memory cards as you could need. Well padded, but I wouldn't recommend tossing it around (it's thin compared to some others, but therefore is less bulky which is a plus)