Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on April 29, 2009
I purchased this product for my Nikon D300. I have several lenses and other equipment in my photographic arsenal. These include:
* D300 Body
* 50mm
* 70-200mm
* 16-85mm
* 35-70mm
* Speedlight Flash
* Remote cable
* Extra battery and memory card
All fit nicely within the main compartment. I chose this model because I like the added security of the opening being next to the body and not where some passerby can easily get to the contents. In addition I do a lot of nature photography and having the ability to get to my camera equipment by just spinning it around and without having to lay it on the ground is also an added plus. I have seen other photographers needing to remove their camera pack, place it on the ground to get into their pack. While this may not seem like a big deal, when you are shooting desert photography, laying your pack down and getting cactus needles embedded against their back makes for an uncomfortable rest of the day.
I really love my Lowepro Flipside 300 pack and recommend it to others.
on November 13, 2010
I was using the lowepro slingshot 200 before I bought the Flipside 300 and had trouble with the shoulder strap falling off my shoulder when I was hiking. This became quite annoying and frankly the slingshot was very uncomfortable on hikes. I want a pack that is lightweight, small and comfortable but will carry the essential photo gear when I hike. The Flipside rocks. The breast and waist straps keep the weight on the waist and not the shoulders. I love the tripod carrying option as well. It holds my Canon EOS7d with 70-300mm lens attached, 2 wide angle telephoto lenses, a 100mm macro lens and speedlight flash. The removable inside pocket holds an extra battery, charger, 3 polarizing filters, extra batteries for flash and a close up filter. There is also a water bottle pouch and a small zippered section for compact flash cards and a few personal items. Not a lot of room for non photo gear, but I cannot carry a lot of weight on my back, and I manage to tuck small bags of tail mix and dried fruit in the pack. I only want the essentials. This is not a backpackers pack it is a day pack and works beautifully for that purpose. The pack weighs about 20-25 lbs with all my gear in it, including the tripod. That's enough weight for me to carry. There is also the option to wear the camera around my neck and this opens some space for a light jacket or sweater inside the pack. Another nice feature is that is does not look like a photo gear pack and so does not attract attention in that regard. Also it opens from the inside so no one can pilfer without you knowing about it. I have used this pack on many hikes and find it suits all my needs.
on November 5, 2009
Pros:

Takes a Nikond300 with 70-200 lens comfortably. I can fit in a 1.7xTC and it can still squeeze in. Space for extra lenses. Just about right size for hiking. More comfortable than a sling bag.

Easy to change lens in the field.

Secure design with zips safely against the back when in use.

Cons:

No rain cover.

Useful addition for the next edition:

Pouch for a netbook.
on February 12, 2014
Perfect fit for point and shoot and full sized digital, large zoom, extra lense, small extras. I concidered the flipside 400 and felt it was just too big and potentially heavy for long hikes. So for the female photographers out there this seems perfect. Failed to mention that the tripod fits as well.
on November 7, 2010
I've owned the Lowepro Flipside backpack for 2 and a half years and I just love it. I'm a hobbyist who mainly enjoy photography during his vacation time overseas. Its durability has been great so far (I've taken it to very diverse trips like the Jungle-Amazon, Europe, Colombian-Desert, etc). I typically carry a Nikon D40 with 3 lenses on it (one of them a 70-300 telephoto), several batteries, external flash, filters, camera-manual, battery-charger and a tripod. I now highly depend on its design (I feel very safe with it not being open-able from behind) and I've found its ability to open by turning it around my body very useful (it is like a little table-top you can use anywhere... very helpful in the jungle or any other place where you don't have any location to put your equipment temporarily while changing lenses or filters, etc).Highly recommended.
on April 5, 2011
After reading many reviews was having difficulty deciding whether the 200 or the 300 model would be best for my needs (Nikon SLR, 18-70mm, 70-300mm, filters, etc.). In the end, saw that the 300 was about 1" longer and wider than the 200 and decided the additional flexibility offered with the 300 was worth carrying around something slightly larger. Bag is very solidly constructed and it is easy to access my equipment with the smooth operating zippers (some reviewers said they had some difficulty with the zippers). I have not yet swung the bag from rear to front as it's designed to do as I prefer to put the bag down as long as I'm not in a crowd. Very comfortable to carry around for long periods with the 2 shoulder straps or for shorter periods using just one. Very satisfied with this purchase.
on December 30, 2012
The bag does what it says it will - I have an 80-400 Nikkor lens on a D800 (with the lens hood turned around so that it's not sticking way out) and the camera + mounted lens does in fact fit nicely into the bag. But if you take the lens off and put on a smaller lens (that you brought with you in the bag), I have not yet found a great way to configure the bag to hold the 80-400 in another compartment without having to re-configure the dividers. None of this is Lowepro's problem though - this is the down side of not going to your local camera shop and seeing if your gear does in fact fit. The quality is great though and I love the fit of the backpack on my back. Absolutely wonderful bag. Also, with this bag, the opening for your gear is against your back, making it more secure. Further, when you take the pack off and set it down in the dirt somewhere, you only get the back of the pack dirty, not the side of the pack you will have against your back when you put it on again (does that make sense?).
on March 25, 2013
Very functional and fits multiple lenses and camera accessories all in one spot. Great for adventuring outdoors. Best part is you never have to worry about items getting stolen. The main compartment's zipper is in the back (against you back) when wearing it so not is everything safe from others but nothing will accidentally fall out without you knowing which may not be good when you are trekking through the wilderness. Very study, comfortable, and protective bag for all your camera needs!
on November 27, 2016
well made, I don't like the way I have to enter this backback. The zipper seems awkward, somehow backwards. The flap when opened moves towards you which in turn gets in your way while your looking for whatever. I think it should be the other way around. It would simplify things. Other than that everything is good.
on November 24, 2014
Fits enough gear you'd want to take on a hike.
it's not All Weather, so be careful if you're taking it out in heavy rain.
Lowe Pro claim it's water proof material, but I don't trust them enough to risk it.
I wish it had compartments for other items, like snacks, etc.
I attack a couple of S&F cases (utility bag + collapsible lens case) to each shoulder strap, so i can have extra storage for the couple of extra items.

this wont carry all your gear, if you get paid to shoot, but it will take vitals, you gotta decide beforehand what essentials you need on each trip.

I was planning on getting a Top Loader for shorter hikes, and a larger cases for photo shoots. I bought this thinking it will be a much larger bag, but i was pleasantly surprised by how versatile it is, it fit both bills, and saved me buying an extra bag.

I did attempt to buy Lowepro Flipside 400 AW, but that one could only fit same amount of gear, and was very uncomfortable, and cost twice as much. If you're comparing the two, I'd highly recommend the 300... if you're like me: like to travel light, still pack a lot of gear.