Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on March 22, 2014
What's in mine?
Rode Videomic Shotgun Microphone with Rycote Lyre Mount
Movo Photo Heavy Duty & Super Sturdy Action Stabilizing Video Handle Grip for all Cameras (Black)
Nikon D5200
Grip
Batteries
Battery Charger
SD Cards
Cleaning Stuff (rags, brushes, cleaning solution and air puffer)
Assorted Cables/Adapters

11" MacBook Air
Charger

I am planing on adding a tripod, and putting it in one of the side pockets with probably 2 legs in the pocket. These pockets are rather long and I think it should hold a small and light tripod just fine. I am planing on trying a Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Compact Photo-Movie Kit (Black). I will see how it works and update my review.

It holds all this stuff, which is rather heavy but it feels very light when it is on my back. The removable camera pouch is very handy for those times when you want to grab all you lenses but don't have room for a full backpack. The one thing that is a little irritating it is falls over when the laptop is in the bag, but without my MBA it will stand on its own. I feel the camera is very safe in this bag, the camera pouch is very padded and sturdy and the rain cover protects my gear when I get caught in inclement weather, which tends to come out of nowhere here in SE Texas. Something cool is you can get to the camera without taking off the bag, which is great for when you have no clean surfaces to set the bag down on.

Pros
Loads of room
Decent organization
Removable camera pouch
Well padded camera pouch
Very comfortable to wear
Full camera and lens access without taking off the bag

Cons
Falls over when my MacBook Air is in it
No Tripod specific pocket and strap (I am going to try one but I don't have one small enough, yet)
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2012
After spending some time looking at bags for my NEX-6 (to be delivered), I ended up with the 16L Photo Hatchback by Lowepro. I went through their gear tool in order to determine which pack would be best suited for my needs. I went based off of the NEX-7 since it is virtually the same size as the 6. With this, a few lenses, and a tablet in mind, the Photo Hatchback seemed to fit the bill.

Once I received the product, I was not surprised to find out that the Pepper Red was actually more of an Orange (knew this by other reviews and videos) but I was very happy with the color. The bag has tons of great features, it is quite comfortable, and overall the build quality is excellent. I just reviewed the tripod that I purchased (Benro MeFoto Travel Tripod Kit, Titanium (A0350Q0T)) and although it doesnt fit in the bag with the carry case, it does fit in one of the side water bottle pockets. It is exposed, but it is still a nice thing to know that it will fit (may need a water bottle to counter the weight on the opposite side, but thats not a big deal to me really).

The photo compartment is compact, but has more than enough room to be sufficient for the gear that I plan on taking. In addition, there are other pockets for anything else youd want to bring with you.

I am very excited about this bag, and extremely pleased with my purchase.
on September 25, 2014
I love this bag. I purchased it because I needed a camera bag that I could use as my 'purse' during air travel. I was very excited upon discovering this bag and its wonderful top front pocket that fit not only my wallet and a few other purse essentials, but my calendar, a notebook, my sunglasses and several other items it was necessary to bring on the road. I used it for three weeks while I was out of town for work (working a horse show) and it served as my camera bag, purse, tote bag, etc. I can't wait to take it on the next trip!

The front Ipad pocket works just as you would expect - with everything I had stuffed in this bag the fit was a little snug but I knew the ipad was secure! The camera space was the perfect size for the gear I needed to bring with me, though I did use some of the removable padded spacers from other bags I own as I was having difficulty getting the provided ones to fit my camera and additional lens in the way I wanted.

Overall, I LOVE THIS BAG. I would buy it again. And again. And again.
on May 3, 2015
I like the size of it, but my 55-300 mm lens doesn't fit in it without taking up half of the camera section. With that lens horizontal along the bottom of the camera pouch, it's a very tight squeeze for my Nikon 3200 body, 18-55mm lens and small Canon video camera. I didn't really want the 22L, but would probably opt for that one if you want to fit a 300mm lens along with other equipment.
on July 8, 2015
This is the BEST camera bag I have ever owned, and I have tried a TON. It is jsut the right size - smaller than a fill-sized backpacke, but roomy enought to fit a couple of extra lenses, a tripod, and some other accessories and manuals.

First off, I love the fact that it has a back acess panel for my camera and lenses. It made me feel so much more secure while walking around Paris and Londond...where thiees prey on obvlivious tourists. The front pockets were convenient for all my manuals and other accessories. The mesh side pockets easily fit a water bottle and my Amazon Basics Travel tripod. The straps are cushioned and comfortable - nothing is worse than neck and shoulder pain while traveling because of an uncomfortable camera bag.

I would recommend getting a backpack lock if you are wearing this in areas where theft could be a problem.
on November 18, 2015
This has become my go-to outing bag. Cushioned straps are a bit thick for my petite frame, but very comfortable. I find the compartments just perfect to hold extra items such as phones, chargers, granola bar, sunglasses, cap, gloves, extra jacket rolled-up, water bottle, all while bringing my Sony Cam n an extra zoom lens plus some more. It actually holds alot! The extra "cover" came in handy when biking in the rain. I use this for hiking, long bike rides, sight-seeing trips, anything and everything.
on October 5, 2016
Took this on a 3 week vacation to Europe -- it's amazing. We had two collapsable water bottles hanging from it, plus batteries, the SLR camera, SD cards, an umbrella, and a baseball hat. Even when the weather turned to crap, we just spun it around, pulled the cover over, and kept rocking. This is a fantastic backpack for day treks.
on December 18, 2013
I love this bag, especially the color! You will not find one like this in any store. We always get a lot of compliments on it. It's perfect for trips. We use it as our carry-on bag. It does have extra room on front top for extra things although not much. But I like that we can't fit too much else in it besides our camera and lenses because then it would be too heavy. It's just exactly what I had in mind. i had another camera case that I had to carry on a shoulder strap. This one is much more convenient as a backpack.
on March 27, 2016
This bag is much larger than I anticipated! There is a lot of space for camera and equipment; the orange color is pretty. I don't use this too often because it is rather big, but I find it nice to take to the park when I want to add extra items such as snacks and additional lenses. It's very versatile and comfortable on the shoulders.
on July 21, 2014
My girlfriend didn't like it so I returned it, but I thought it was awesome. Just goes to show that your choice of gear can be a very personal decision.