Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 393 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 465 reviews
on August 10, 2015
This backpack just arrived over the weekend and since most people, including myself, were concerned about how big it was I have a couple pictures to help you out. The backpack seems to be exactly the size I wanted, it holds my essential camera gear plus the main storage compartment has room for a change or clothes and a pair of flip flops or a lunch for two. One picture shows a 13" macbook pro, one of the new-ish thinner ones fitting into the outside pocket. It does fit all the way into the pocket though it is a bit snug. It does the leave the computer pretty exposed though, if something were to hit the back of the backpack it would pretty much hit straight onto your computer. I would feel safer about keeping my computer in a backpack that was designed for one and had the computer sleeve against your back but this is do-able. The second picture is a D7000 with 18-105 lens, go-pro hero 3 with floaty backdoor. Extra cords and chargers for each. There isn't any extra room but I bought this for going day hiking and cruising around town, not carrying photo equipment like a pack mule. The water bottle pockets on the side are plenty deep but not very wide, you could hold one of the tall Nalgene bottles in each but it would put a little bit of pressure on the contents inside. They would each hold a regular plastic disposable water bottle fine though. Hope this review and pictures help.

Update:

Have used the product on quite a few hiking trips now, both casual and more intense. The bag has held up and performed adequately. My desires for improvement would be more wider mesh pockets on the sides, they are plenty deep already. Loops or hooks on the side for securing a gopro stick or tripod would be nice as well. Better ventilation on the back, I know it's a cheap backpack but when coming from a nicer osprey or gregory pack this thing makes your back sweat pretty bad. Overall still pretty happy with my purchase, however considering upgrading to an F-Stop bag if I get into anything more intense than what I'm doing now.
review image review image
on December 20, 2015
I just came back from a photo trip in Yosemite and found my new Lowpro at my front door. After working out of a normal large Oakley Kitchen Sink backpack for two years, I was fed up not having an organized photography backpack. Look at the pictures for yourself. I was skeptical at first when I got this today, until I loaded it. Two Sony A7 bodies, three sony lenses ( 16-35, 55mm, 70-200) and one Rokinon 85mm. Also added, were all my ND's, 4x6 filters and Lee Foundation kit, Manfrotto fluid video head, spare batteries, cleaning kit, rain cover, and 13" macbook pro, IPad. I also take a strap and hook my Induro C214 tripod to the bottom of it. Now I feel like this Lowepro is carrying everything, but the kitchen sink! I will update this if it comes apart when I carry it around. Which wouldn't surprise me from over loading it. I originally bought it because the Fstop backpack I was trying to order, has a three month waiting list. Now I don't think I will need it and just use this.

Update: 01/18/2016. Took it to Yosemite and it worked like a charm with eveything in it. Not to mention one day after I bought it the price dropped down to 74.99, and Amazon refunded me the difference 15.00 from the price I originally bought it. That was very good of them.
review image review image review image
on June 2, 2016
I was looking for a camera backpack with a separate compartment for non-camera stuff that was small enough to count as my "personal item" on an airplane. This one fit the bill nicely, (technically it is 1 inch too tall for United Airlines, but no one seemed to notice). The only problem with the pack is the camera compartment is about an inch too small to squeeze in my 300mm lens. It is about a 50/50 split between the camera and other stuff areas. I'd rather have more room in the padded camera compartment. I had to take the removable camera compartment and rotate it 90 degrees and then distort the nearly square compartment into an oval before I was able to get the lens to fit. Then it took some other interesting orientations to get my older Canon Rebel DSLR camera with 18mm-55mm lens and another 50mm lens all in there. An advantage of rotating the camera compartment was it made room to fit the Manfrotto MMC3-01 Compact 5 Section Aluminum Monopod for Cameras (Black) inside the pack as well. I took the whole collection day trip hiking while on vacation, and it worked fine for that as long as I only brought two lenses so I could get everything in and out easy enough. It also doesn't look out of place on the trail like so many camera or laptop backpacks would, including the newer version of the Photo Hatchback.

The pack is well built with very sturdy water bottle pockets on the side, and the front pouch has two compartments, one that barely fits 8.5" x 11" papers and the other that is great for a tablet such as a Kindle Fire.
on March 30, 2014
Without being able to touch and see different camera bags, I settled on this bag and couldn't be more pleased. The Lowepro website gives great recommendations for bag style. I wanted something easy to bring along, and keep up with kids. If I were to be more actively involved in hiking, I would be looking at the sport version, or some of the other Lowepro bags that have a more padded waist belt.

My Nikon D7100 fits great, with 18-55 lens attached, extra lens, charger and a little extra space. Love the front pockets for iPad (currently using for manual, writing notebook & pens)!

I had previously purchased the larger size (22L), but felt that it was too big, and the height of the bag felt quite clunky on my back (I'm 5'6").

The blue color is very pretty. The handle at the top has been quite useful, too!

For the camera section, I love that it comes out and is still quite protected if I'm using the bag for other purposes.

If the camera is situated at the bottom of the compartment, there is one padded layer, and then two layers of the bag, plus the all weather cover to add some extra protection.

For the side pockets, a narrow water bottle is needed.

With all the gear I mentioned I carry, there's still plenty of room in the top section to bring along a lightweight jacket, snacks, towel, etc.
As small as this backpack is, it can pack a lot!

Accessing the camera from the back seemed strange at first, but I actually like it--more secure, easy to open.

A few cons
Not all the straps have elastic to hold the loose ends (if you sew, you could easily add on)
Big Lowepro name printed on the visible side of bag--announces that it's a camera bag

Overall
I am so impressed with the quality of the backpack-the padding, design, & durable material. This is the third Lowepro bag we've owned for our cameras, and for the price, am one very happy 'enthusiast photographer'!
on May 1, 2016
I recently purchased this bag to use for hiking and storing my equipment. I wanted a bag that opened from the back, was light weight, could carry my camera body (Canon t5i and a couple of smaller lenses). I also wanted something that used as a day bag or store snacks, etc for my day trips with my grandson. I first ordered the 16l version of this bag. I could only comfortably fit my camera with lens attached, and another smaller lens. I purchased the 22L, which was too big for my frame, I am 5'2" and feel like I am going hiking for several days, but it does hold my camera body 3 lenses and several smaller accessories. It has plenty of room in the upper compartment for snacks, etc. It is big, but I opted to keep the larger size. My bag with my three lenses, accessories and my camera body weighs about 7 pounds, so even though it is big, it isn't very heavy. The only other feedback is that I wish I could attach a small tripod somewhere.
on May 1, 2016
I can't fault Lowepro for their construction. This is a wonderfully made bag with some clever design solutions for the common needs of someone doing some light trekking with a camera. I bought the larger (22L) of the two sizes for this model, and am glad I didn't go smaller. I've stuffed a thin jacket in the top and found room for little else at those times. That said, the internal zip and mesh pouches inside the top are great to have, and I make good use of them holding things like batteries, chargers, and a collapsible 12x12 white balance screen. The thin pocket made for a tablet is a great fit for the iPad I own. Overall, for the things they have designed for, they have done a great job. Again, I think the construction and materials rival that of my Camelbak and REI bags. Having a built in rain fly is something I wish my other bags had like this one does.

What I don't like is that the access to your camera and lenses requires you take the backpack off. Initially, I thought this would be no big deal, but it has become an annoyance. You are pretty much forced to set the bag on a surface in order to get to a lens or tuck your camera away. In crossing a shallow stream the other day, I was happy to put my camera in my bag and have it securely on my back, but this also meant more time looking for a place that wasn't muddy so I could take the bag off and put away or get out my camera again. Then I got to do this all over again when I came back. I realize this is my issue, and not the makers of the bag, but I think anyone buying this backpack should consider the (lack of) convenience of the design. I know now that I should have bought something with side access. If Lowepro makes one like that, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it from them. In the mean time, I'll keep using the bag because it's still quality stuff.
on February 27, 2017
I really love this bag! I've had it for almost two years and it's been a life (and back) saver on multiple occasions. I'm definitely more of a photo enthusiast and far from a professional, so I don't carry a ton of equipment. The main items I keep in it are a Nikon D7000, the kit lens it came with, an 85mm Nikkor and a recently purchased Tamron 70-200mm. I can pack the camera with the kit or 85mm mounted in the padded camera area of the bag, but it's definitely not going to fit mounted with the 70-200mm. But that's not a big issue for me, as I can find other space for it in the top half of the bag or maybe even adjust the velcro compartments down low to pack it separately. That's what I love about the bag - the flexibility it offers. After packing the camera gear, I still have room up top for filters, chargers, camera card cases, my GoPro, other cables, etc. I've slid in a MacBook and iPad into the outer pocket on different occasions also. I will say I'm not a big fan of doing that for extended amounts of time, just because it feels like it puts a strain not only on the Mac stuff, but the zipper and fabric of the bag. I haven't had any issues with tears or holes and I'm probably just being paranoid, but it's a personal preference not to push my luck with it. Most of my bag's travels are pretty tame - mainly amusement parks, cheer competitions, school functions and whatever else my kids are doing that I'm trying to document. But it has been caught outside a couple of times in the wet, particularly one time at Arlington National Cemetery where I got caught in an unexpected downpour for about 15-20 minutes of good hard rain. I popped on the rain cover and hoped for the best. While I'll admit I had a bit of a sinking feeling as I was drenched to the bone, everything in my camera bag was perfectly fine! That was my clincher! Love this bag!
on June 11, 2014
Purchased for an international trip, like the configuration, but found it too big to be comfortable for my 4'11" frame. I already had the 16L, so took that with my mirrorless camera and three lenses, and it worked very well, and returned the 22L. Not a lot of storage on top, but enough for a day pack and minimally enough for air travel. Brought my iPad, with Logitech Ultrathin keyboard cover, which fit well in the front pocket. Really like that it has a rain cover. Adjustable, padded camera storage that is removable from the bottom. You can open the velcro separator and push long thin items behind the camera holder or use as a full bag with the camera holder removed. In my case the camera died and I did remove the padded case and put it in the suitcase. I can see using the camera insert in another bag at times as well. Waist belt and chest strap, which tends to come off if it slides down to the end of the strap. Recommend whatever is the appropriate size for your body type. 16L is tight for a DSLR with lenses.
on August 13, 2015
This is a great camera bag, very nice design. I like the fact that you can remove the camera case insert and use it as a regular backpack. My only complaint is that the camera compartment is a little small. I bought this bag to use for an overseas vacation. I hoped that the 22L would allow me to bring my full-frame DSLR (Canon 6D) and three zooms (16-35, 24-70, 70-200) but it's not large enough. The most that you can fit into the camera compartment is body+lens plus another lens (after configuring the compartment many different ways, I was able to squeeze in my Canon 6D w/16-35 attached and the 70-200 next to it (a very tight fit for the 70-200). The 24-70 had to go into the upper bag area where there is little protection. I wish Lowepro had made the camera compartment just a little bit larger to fit everything, but it's still a great backpack and I plan to use it on my vacation.

UPDATE: I decided to travel smarter and leave the big, heavy glass at home. I bought a Tamron 28-300mm lens to replace my 24-70 and 70-200 lenses, kept the 16-35 for wide shots, and threw in a nifty-fifty f/1.8 for low light shots. Everything fits perfectly inside the 22L's camera compartment (plus my bag is 4 pounds lighter!)
on October 15, 2015
My daughter is taking photo in high school. She takes our (it was supposed to be mine...) Nikon D3200 with her everywhere. SHe will not even let me handle it anymore....(Hint to hubby, I want a new camera please). She complains about the NIkon bag being too small to carry what she wants to take on trips, and the other camera bags that we have are just too big. She wanted a photo backpack, and so we went looking. REI had this in stock for about $100, and we were about to buy it, when someone reminded me that I am an Amazon Prime member. On prime it was less than $75 shipped. I normally would have just bit the bullet, and supported the Brick and Mortar store, but they did not have the Galaxy Blue color. Anyway, it got here in less than 3 days, so thank You Adaroma, and Amazon. Now I will feel more at ease when the Kiddlett goes on her trips with her Photo Teacher and friends