Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Style: Event Messenger 150|Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 412 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 437 reviews
on September 14, 2012
Excellent bag for micro-four-thirds cameras. As small as the bag is it will hold an entire micro-four-thirds system. Three vertical dividers, the body fits on top with the attached lens in the center section. Side sections can then hold additional lenses. Can use as a three zoom set-up or a huge collection of primes. For primes it works best to remove the horizontal dividers and put the primes in small pouches. Holds a lot more this way. There are many possible configurations. For example I can fit my E-M5, Rokinon 7.5, Olympus 12/2, Panasonic 25/1.4, Olympus 45/1.8 and Olympus 75/1.8 with ease.
on September 24, 2012
I absolutely hate shoulder bags and upon receiving this bag I thought my experience would be the same (I am a heavy set guy so these bags are normally uncomfortable to wear). Before packing the bag, I thought I'd put the bag on to see how comfortable it was, and I must say I was shocked that not only was it comfortable, but it was practically weightless. I am also surprised to see how many things actually fit into this bag and still remain entirely comfortable. I've been able to fit either one of my tablets (iPad and Kindle Fire), my notebook, my Canon EOS 60D with grip and EF 24-105 f/4 L IS USM with hood on, Canon Speedlite 580EX ii, Rode Video mic, etc. Even fully packed it remained lightweight and comfortable. This makes an excellent every day bag for the photographer.

Pros:
-Lightweight
-Comfortable for people of all sizes
-Very Spacious
-One of the few shoulder bags that allow for battery grip to remain on camera

Cons:
-The Velcro straps are extremely noisy and not useable if the bag is packed tightly.
on September 15, 2015
Lowepro event messenger 100
I spent days in looking for a bag because I'm one of those people who just can't make a decision, so believe me I made sure that this bag is what I need :)
It has a weird greenish color, but a good price, it has a shape of a lunch box and when I got it I was sure it's too small, but it wasn't it actually fit my Nikon d5100 with a prime 35mm on and an extra zoom lens plus my phone, wallet and it still had some space for little stuff (no space for my charger, but that didn't bother me), ofc it's a pretty tight fit but if u want spce u can get the bigger version of it. It has a loooong strap which is awesome, also bunch of dividers which u can move around (I didn't need all of them so I put some on the bottom of the bag and now it has ticker bottom), it has a nice big pocket on the front ,two little ones on the sides and one on the back, it arrived pretty quick and in very good condition.
Hope the pictures give u a good idea of it!
review image review image review image
Enthusiast: Photographyon December 25, 2016
This is a review for the Lowepro Event Messenger 150 Camera Shoulder Bag. I am saying this explicitly because I noticed that the reviews include all three sizes (Messenger 100, 150, 250).
I am very excited about this bag, as it is the right size between the compact bags that barely hold a camera and a lens, and the large, awkward bags that have room for 6 tor more lenses. This bag holds my Canon 5d Mark III, as well as up to four medium sized lenses and their hoods. I was able to fit a Samyang 35mm, a Sigma 50mm DG, a Canon 24-104L, and a Canon 70-300 DO (see image). This is what I need when I go for landscape or wildlife shooting.
You can add smaller items to the front pouch, such as charger, replacement batteries, cables, storage cards, your wallet, and more. A 9"x7" iPad can be put into the inside pouch, too. It has an extendable pocket on each side below the straps, big enough for car keys, small flash lights, batteries or some snack bars, but not big enough for a water bottle (that might be a downside for some, but I don't mind that at all, as I like to keep water away from my gear). And it has an outside pocket on the back for your camera manual, a book, or a paper.
This bag is 12" wide, 10" tall, and about 5" deep. This is still a reasonably sized bag that can be carried over your shoulder without looking or feeling bulky. It has a 2" wide adjustable shoulder strap with an almost 3" wide non-slip pad, which makes it quite comfortable. It also has a convenient handle on the back side, between the flap and the outside pocket. It has six removable Velcro dividers that are quite useful. It is very well made with sturdy but lightweight material. I don't know if it is waterproof but it appears to be at least water resistant.
Finally, I also very much appreciate the construction of the flap. It is long enough to fold over the front and either close with the two Velcro strips or with the buckle. If you're in he middle of a job, you can use the Velcro and be sure that nothing falls out, and for longer transportation, you can close the buckle and be safe. There's also no fight with a top zipper, as is the case with so many camera bags.
All in all, this is a high quality, wonderful mid-size bag that allows you to carry some of your lenses with you without schlepping your whole equipage. Its shape and army-green color make it rather unassuming so that it looks like a simple book bag and not like a receptacle for your expensive gear. Definitely worth all five stars.
review image
on November 17, 2016
NOTE: This review is for the 100 model of the bag (not 150 or 250)

I needed something lighter for around town for my DSLR with one medium size lense attached
I am able to fit the following items:

Canon 60D (upside down position)
Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 attached to the camera
Lense hood reversed
A 12mm extension tube and wall charger on top of each other (on the side- shown in pic)
77mm polarizer filter in the front pocket
2 additional batteries in the side pockets

It came with a few partition inserts, i only used 2. One to create a partition inside the bag and the 2nd one at the bottom of the bag to give the lens a bit more cushion

*60D is bigger than Canon Rebel series, so you could probably fit another 50mm lens with the Rebel but thats about it.
on February 21, 2015
This is probably the first item I've bought and immediately went to review it after delivery. So, time of ownership is 5 minutes. I can tell you already though, this product is extremely well made and some of the best, most thorough design I've seen. The inside is practically entirely adjustable to whatever you're carrying. I use this to carry a Panasonic Lumix LX7. I won't have any extra lenses since it's a point and shoot camera, but I wanted plenty of room to carry charger, batteries, hot shoe flash, memory cards, lens cloth, camera case, a small tripod, extra accessories, and maybe a clif bar if i was lucky, so I chose this small bag, and I'm glad I did. It will hold all of that and more. It has 3 exterior quickly accessible pouches, great for lists, notepads, pamphlets, maps, found objects, etc. It has a spot for a pen in the zippered area along with a pouch that fits my Samsung S3 in a ballistic phone case, and another small one perfect for memory cards or a battery. The material is tough and I think it would protect the contents well in a light rain for enough time for you to get back to shelter as the insides are well protected. The elastic is tight and keeps things snugs. It's silent to carry or move around. Everything is well padded, I'm sure my camera could withstand a significant drop in this bag. Because the inside is adjustable and the price is so low, I'm considering getting another and using it for something other than a camera (backpacking? bikepacking? boatpacking?). I don't think I'd recommend another bag, regardless of what camera you have. Although, If you're carrying more than 2 lenses on a DSLR you'd probably want to choose the Lowepro Event Messenger 150 Medium.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 28, 2015
The Lowepro Event 150 is a mild weather bag designed to fit a medium sized DSLR. Here's my musings on this petite photo messenger.

EXTERIOR: Inconspicuous and unassuming on the street, the Event looks like a nondescript nylon fabric messenger. Yes, the Lowepro logo is embroidered in red, but I nixed it with a few dabs of black leather dye.

Fit and finish are excellent. It's also surprisingly light: 1 lb 5 oz on my postal scale, a pound lighter than my similarly sized 2013 Timbuk2 XS Snoop. Bottom, sides and top boast are protected with closed cell foam padding. The rear slip pocket runs the length of the bag but is so tight it's only good for tickets or a manual. Side pockets are stretchy and big enough for smokes, flash or a small water bottle. A large zippered pocket under the flap has room for a charger, batteries and even a point 'n shoot. The tiny grab handle is an afterthought but is positioned so gear won't spill out if you forget to secure the lid.

The main flap can be secured via velcro and/or a single clip. I found the flap easy to open and could draw my camera quickly. For increased stealth, the velcro may be silenced by folding over itself.

Although boxy for a messenger, that boxiness gives it enough stability to sit upright on a flat surface. Nevertheless, it's sufficiently flexible to hug the contour of my back and not bounce while walking. Finally, the nondetachable strap is 2-inches wide and includes a lightly padded 3-inch wide shoulder pad. The strap is comfortable and molds to my chest and shoulders when worn sling style, making a loaded bag seem lighter than it is.

INTERIOR: There are ample pockets for knickknacks and the main compartment may be configured as one, two or three compartments of varying sizes. The brushed cloth interior is soft and grabs the velcro dividers like glue. My EOS 6D with mounted 24-105 4L IS USM, 200 2.8L USM and Speedlite 430EX II fit comfortably (see uploaded image). My EF 70-200 4L IS USM also fit (stowed but not mounted on camera). The two main dividers have hinged flaps for the grip to rest on when the camera is stowed lens down. Dividers are secured by velcro and can be easily repositioned. Three small dividers are included to subdivide the larger compartments, i.e., allow stacking of smaller lenses in a single stall. I rarely carry an iPad--too heavy--but my iPad 2 fits snuggly in the padded slot behind the camera compartment.

WATERPROOFING: The nylon exterior is water resistance and handled dashes in Honolulu rain without a leak. The guard flaps on the sides of the lid prevent water from flowing into the main compartment. However, it lacks a main compartment zipper and rain cover, so the Event is more of a fair weather bag and not a good choice for trekking in rain forests or downpours.

FINAL BLURB: The Event's appearance will not win fashion kudos but it doesn't draw attention on the street. It's easy to access, comfortable for hours, narrow enough to squeeze through buses and trains and the price is right. Great small bag for urban photo trekkers.
review image
on January 1, 2014
I have had several camera bags in the past. I've had a backpack, small bag, and just before this one I was using a modified carry on luggage bag. I had a hard time fitting all my equipment in even the large bags. This bag is perfect, and cheaper than most other large bags. I like to carry all my lenses at all times, and this works perfectly for me. It lets me be more mobile than any other bag I've used. It fits:

Canon xti with 16-35 lens + battery grip + external flash. All components either connected or disconnected. (just be clever on setting up the bag)
50mm 1.4
28-105mm
70-300mm IS
lens pen / blower / 2 battery chargers / shutter remote.

Everything fits in comfortable without being smashed, but there isn't room for much else. I can't imagine wanting anything else in my bag anyway.

I would also like to note that it doesn't zip closed, just flaps over with velcro and a clip. I feel very secure with it, but I wouldn't count on it being weather proof.

If you want a large bag that feels good on your body, BUY THIS BAG!
The Event Messenger 100 is a nice little bag for a small mirrorless or compact camera outfit. Typically, I can carry a Fuji X100S (fixed lens) and a Fuji X-E2 with an attached lens, hoods, batteries, extra SD cards, Lenspen and microfiber cloth. You can configure the bag several different ways so it's adaptable to the equipment. However, I tried my Canon 7D with 15-85mm lens and it would only fit if the hood was mounted in the reverse position. So consider the 100 model bag only for your smaller cameras and lenses.

The bag is decently constructed and it's lightweight. The design is fine but the front pocket could be roomier. There's enough padding to protect the gear from bumps and knocks. The top flap closes with both a plastic snap buckle and Velcro-like patches. The little handle is handy but be careful lifting the bag with the flap undone because it can dump your gear on the floor due to the handle's rearward location. I like this bag for my smallest camera gear. It's definitely worth the $30 price.
on June 28, 2016
Great bag. i wasn't sure if the 250 was going to be too big but its perfect. I am able to get my DSLR with 70-250 lens, 80-300mm lens, 50mm lens,10-18 mm wide angle, 3 lens hoods, off camera flash, filters, memory cards/batteries, charger, cables and remote timer in it. I still have a spot for my tablet if needed. I probably dont need all this most times but good to know it all fits.

Side pockets are good for putting your lens cap or ez access stuff. Has an place on the back for papers and stuff. Very light weight but I trust Lowe quality. Only thing it does not have is a place to lass a tripod or monopod. But if I open the flap put it on top it works.
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.