Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 20, 2012
Just received this and checked the fit with all my small primes. The lens I bought it for, Rokinon (Samyang) 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye, was a perfect fit. Height wise perfect, width with the lens cap attached was snug. I also checked the fit with my Nikon 50mm f/1.8D, Nikon 24mm f/2.8 AF-D, and my Nikon 28mm f/3.5 AI and all three swam in this case but the good news they all fit perfectly in the smaller 8x6 case. I love the two velcro strap connection on the back. It offers extra security of the double connection and still quickly slips over a bag strap or belt for attachment. Overall I am very pleased with the quality, level of padding, connection type, and size.
22 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 9, 2017
Exactly as advertised.
on November 30, 2012
Great pouch - just what I was looking for! These can go on ANY belt (I'm looking at you, ThinkTank) and the SlipLock connector is pretty cool, and it's more than just a cutsey name for a regular thing. The belt loop actually opens and closes with velcro in a very secure way, so you don't have to half-way take off your belt in front of a client to take off the pouch. Very helpful, especially for my modesty. Fits my Canon 50mm 1.4 with room to spare - I think I could have gotten away with the smaller, 8cm x 6cm version but it might have a been a little snug, considering I glue my rear lens caps back-to-back to make switching lenses a little easier, which doubles the height of the rear lens cap. If you don't do that, then the 8cm x 6cm is probably a good size.
on May 30, 2013
I was torn between the 9x9 and 8x6 case. I am glad I got the 9x9. It is perfect for my Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 with a filter and hood (reversed). It is nice and snug. I am not sure how the lens, filter and hood would fit in a smaller case. Lowepro makes great accessories. I am very pleased with the quality of the case.
on October 28, 2013
Very tight fit for the Pentax 21977 DA 18-135mm lens. It fits for sure - but again very tight. It does the job so I'm keeping it - and I really like these lens cases. I have a few - the protection for the price are spot on in my opinion. If you prefer a little wiggle room for a lens of this size, spend the money and get the next bigger version.

I'm choosing not to go with the larger case because I think the lens would be moving around quite a bit with a larger case and I think the next size up is nearly twice the price of this one. But, then again, if you wanted more room for the hood - go up a size.
on November 12, 2014
Well built, I like that the inner pad sticks up above the zipper giving a nice secure fit.
I use it for a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM which slips in snugly with the lens hood on reversed.

Cheers,
Mark
on July 11, 2017
works great -- I am using this to store my amazon echo dot and battery
on July 30, 2013
Although it is a tight fit, it does hold the Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.4G prime lens with the hood attached. Do not purchase the 8x6 cm case as recommended by LowePro for this lens like I did because that pouch is way too small. Overall this case is well constructed and the quality is superb.
on August 17, 2017
all ok
on January 13, 2012
Just got this today. It is sturdy and well built. My canon 50mm f1.4 with reversed lens hood fits but it is tight. Almost have to deform the case in order to make it fit. I would probably not buy this again to house this particular lens/hood but overall construction and quality is good. There is not much clearance at the top. Really couldn't accomidate much more than my 50mm lens.

Product dimensions for my lens according to amazon. Dimensions: 2.9 x 2 x 2 inches ; 10.2 ounces

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.