Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lowepro Nova 180 AW DSLR Camera Shoulder Bag
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Style: 180 AW DSLR|Color: Black|Change

on October 28, 2008
This bag fits the Canon Rebel Xsi perfectly. I wanted a bag that was small enough to be truly portable and not look like I'm a photography nut. The bag snugly fits the camera with the the 18-200 lens attached and my kit lens (18-55mm) and my 50mm lens in the bag. I also store my SD cards, battery, charger, and some cables. That is it! If you want a bag that stores more then 3 lenses (one being attached) and the camera - then you have to go bigger.If you are like me and a minimilist who just wants a case that will carry the very basics - and is on the small side- this is the bag!
review image
on September 11, 2009
I use my bag told hold my Rebel XS as well as all my lenses and have no complaints so far. The lenses I keep in the bag are the Canon 55-250mm IS with hood reversed, the Canon 50mm f1.8, and the Canon 18-55mm IS. I can store all of them without feeling like I am cramming too much in, and can store the camera with any of the lenses attached to it. I had looked at the Nova 140, but it did not have enough space to hold the camera with the 55-250 attached, so it was out. This bag also has lots of pockets for all the goodies you need to carry, including USB cable, cards, filters, etc. This would not work for a full frame camera, but for a consumer SLR such as the Rebel XS, this fits the bill quite nicely.
VINE VOICEon April 28, 2009
Disregard the "cheaper design" comments, Lowepro still makes good camera bags. And I think this is an almost ideal size for a camera bag. The way I have it laid out, the main compartment carries a Rebel XT with battery grip with Sigma 18-200mm lens attached, flash, Canon 50mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Pentax ME Super, plus an extra lens for that as well as a little stockpile of film. More than enough for most outings.

I had originally picked up the Rezo 190, not realizing that the Nova was such an improvement in the design. Avoid the Rezo line and go with the Nova. The additional pockets are great, I can hold all the little extras like wipes, memory cards, USB cable, charger, batteries and I still have room left over. The shoulder strap is awesome as is the carrying handle, and there is a sleeve that you can use to slide the bag on top of your rolling luggage and its got its own rain cover built in.

This is probably the max size for walking-around carrying weight comfortably but it also allows for you to keep your options open. This is a great bag.

Edit: I should also note that the bag pictured is green, the chestnut brown bag is a nice "darker than khaki" brown that should hide the dirt and dust of a rugged life.
review image
on January 12, 2010
Lowepro is known for quality camera bags, and this one is no exception. You can fit a lot of stuff into this bag, even though it's only medium sized. I have a Panasonic GS320 camcorder in the left compartment, 3 extra batteries and the charger for my still camera in the middle section (which I made very narrow using the velcro separators) and a Panasonic FZ35 still camera (sub-SLR superzoom, so still pretty big) in the right compartment. The two small pockets in the top inside hold multiple SDHC cards. The zipper pocket at that same location holds extra still camera batteries. The zipper compartment in the lid flap, accessible from the outside, holds 2 mini-DV tapes. The zipper compartment on the front of the bag holds 4 more mini-DV tapes. There are elastic pouches on both sides that hold water bottles, or cords, or miscellaneous other stuff. A flat zippered pocket on the back of the case is big enough for a full sized DVD, or anything else that is pretty flat.

If you need this for just a superzoom like the Canon 10IS or 20IS, or Panasonic FZ28 or FZ35, or similar sized camera, you'll have a lot of extra room. You might do better to size down to the 140 AW instead.

The handle is SO comfortable, even when the bag is heavy with gear. The shoulder strap is detachable and has a grippy, padded section. The zipper on the inside top of the case (where I keep my extra batteries) is covered with elastic at the corner, so as not to scratch your camera when you close the top, and there's a pull on the zipper so you can get to it when it's underneath there. Just one of many examples of very thoughtful design. The bag closes either with a zipper around the top or a strong clasp. I usually use just the clasp.

You will also find a hidden weather bag in a velcro'd compartment on the front of the bag, underneath-side. Haven't used that yet, but it's a nice feature if you're out in the rain.

This thing works for a DSLR as others have said, or as in my case, multiple cameras so that I'm ready for videos or stills wherever I am. I also have a small Lowepro Nova Micro AW bag when I only need one or the other of my cameras.

Note that the "Chestnut Brown" color really is brown, not the whacky greenish vomit color they picture on Amazon. I've posted a picture. Ü
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on December 5, 2009
Great Buy!

Has space for a D-SLR [like the D90], a 18-200 zoom, Flash [like the SB-600] AND a 50mm lens.

Build quality is good.

Negatives - Wish the base of the bag had a thicker / harder padding.

Conclusion:
Very good bag.
Make sure you know what will fit in. This is smaller than a full size pro kit bag and that is why I bought it. Very compact / portable.
on June 9, 2009
I recently bought a new camera, the Canon EOS Rebel T1i, and needed a new bag to hold and protect my precious equipment. I found this bag on clearance for $35, and bought it after making sure it would fit my new camera. The gear that I store in this bag:

Canon Rebel t1i DSLR
18-55 lens
55-250 lens
battery charger
2 filters
memory cards
extra battery
accessories

All this fits just fine, and there's actually room for more.

The bag also comes with a built in waterproof cover which I haven't had a chance to use yet, but could come in handy on a rainy day.

The bag feels great over the shoulder, and has been awesome for several full days of photo taking that I've taken it on so far.

Nothing negative to report about this bag for me yet.
on January 1, 2010
I own a Nikon D90 with a 18-200mm DX lens, 50mm F1.8, SB-600 flash and various accessories, and was looking for a sturdy and well-built bag. I had owned a no-name $20 bag I had purchased through an online retailer, and it began falling apart a few months later. That is when I decided that I could not risk damage to my precious and expensive gear, so I decided to invest in a better camera bag. After much research on the web, I settled on the Lowepro Nova 190AW. I have to say that I am extremely happy with this latest purchase from Amazon. $70 may seem like a lot of money for a camera bag, but consider how much you spent on the gear itself... it is definitely worth the money. This bag is not only sturdy, but it is well built and extremely well thought out too, including the built-in weather guard that pops out when you get caught in an unexpected downpour. All the padding and strap hooks are very durable and not cheaply made like my previous bag, everything about this bag's construction shouts quality. There is enough space for one DSLR, a couple of lenses and accessories, and you'll find plenty of pockets everywhere. This is the perfect walk-around bag for me, and it goes everywhere with me!
on February 11, 2013
I was looking for a bag to hold my D7000, Nikon 18-300mm DX lens, and Nikon 17-55mm 2.8 lens. I gambled on the the Nova 160 first but it was not quite tall enough (it fit, but not well enough to make me happy). No big deal, I gave that bag to my mother. The 170 is taller than the 160 and it allows my 18-300mm lens to be mounted on my D7000 and sit lens down. The 17-55mm is snug alongside with a divider between them. My battery charger, spare battery, remote, lens cloth, and extra memory all fit as well. I needed a "day bag" that allowed me to grab my camera quickly and still have a few accessories as well. This bag is sturdy, roomy, and a good balance of being big enough, without being too big! If you are mounting a long lens this is a good choice!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 23, 2015
Small and unassuming on the street, the Lowepro 160AW looks like a black tactical pouch. Pair it with a field jacket and jeans and you'll melt into most crowds.

BUILD: This handsome black nylon bag sports ample pockets and excellent fit and finish. If you crave stealth, the sewn-on logo is easily removed with a seam ripper. Bottom, sides and top feature closed-cell foam padding for protection. The rear zippered pocket is ideal for tickets while the side pockets can handle a small flash or a water bottle. The large zippered pocket under the flap has room for a charger and batteries or even a point 'n shoot. Finally, the grab handle is comfy and positioned so gear won't spill out if you forget to secure the lid.

WATERPROOFING: The nylon exterior is water resistance and handled tropical downpours without flinching. The double protection of flap over zipper works great. I’ve never needed to deploy the rain cover and eventually removed it to reduce front pocket bulk (one snip and it’s gone).

STUFFING IN GEAR: This is a tiny bag and ideal for a small DSLR or mirrorless kit. My Rebel SL1 with mounted 18-55 IS STM with hood (not reversed), 10-18 STM and Speedlite 270EX fit nicely. A larger zoom, e.g., 15-85 IS USM fits on the SL1 if the hood is reversed or removed. A 6D can squeeze in, albeit awkwardly snug. Consider the slightly larger 170AW if you own a medium DSLR such as a 70D or 6D. The two main dividers sport a hinged platform for the grip when the camera is stowed lens down. The dividers are secured with velcro and can be easily repositioned.

GOTCHAS: The 1.5-inch strap is uncomfortable with a loaded bag. A wider strap, e.g., two-inches, would distribute weight better across chest and shoulder. Luckily, the 160AW uses D-rings so it’s easy to swap out the strap for something wider. Unfortunately, the D-rings are plastic rather than metal. I added the [ASIN:B00O2WHC80 Tenba 2-Inch Shoulder Strap]] and it’s amazingly comfy worn sling style.

FINAL BLURB: The 160AW makes the most of its small size with ample pockets and a thoughtfully designed main compartment. Weatherproofing, featherweight carry and inconspicuous appearance make it ideal for travel. Plus, it easily squeezes into most daypacks and carry-ons. Once I attached a wider strap, it was comfortable to carry for hours, and the slick seatbelt webbing made the swing from carry to draw position silky smooth. I love this bag but, since I had to spend twenty bucks for a better strap, I subtracted a star. If you don’t mind the thin strap and overly grippy shoulder pad, it’s a 5-star bag.
on November 9, 2011
This is a compact bag that fits my D3100 with 18-55mm attached and the 55-300mm on the side. Contrary to one low reviewer, the bag also fits D3100 with the 55-300mm zoom lens attached but in horizontal instead of vertical placement; that leaves enough room for the 18-55mm lens above or below the attached 55-300 with the padding in between. I think I can also place 50mm in this bag but I have tested that. I think this bag could've been thinner. This bag ends up being as thick as the compact Nikon bags in the market.