Top critical review
5 people found this helpful
A Decent Bag With a Few Shortcomings
on May 10, 2013
I bought this for a trip to Kaui, and used it with a Nikon D600 and 24-85 and 70-300 lenses. I wanted something that was easy to pack in a suitcase, weatherproof, and did not look like a camera bag. The color of mine was Mica, and the picture made it seem light gray. In fact it is more of a greenish gray
* Strap is wide and reasonably comfortable.
* The padded interior cube holds a full size DSLR and medium size zoom.
* It has 2 small, Velcro closed pockets inside for a spare battery and a few memory cards.
* It expandable if you have extra to carry. However, when expanded it does not add a whole lot of more storage.
* While not overly bulky, the material seems substantial. It is weatherproof. I was caught in a couple of rainstorms and the interior stayed dry.
* Compared to my other cameral bags, it folds fairly well for packing in a suitcase.
* The exterior pockets have no closure and are not very deep. Items in them easily fall out unless the bag is kept upright. They also expose any item you have in them to the elements. For what they charge for this bag, they should have added small flaps or Velcro closures to these pockets
* While the padded area will hold a DSLR and attached lens, if you bring a second lens there is no padded storage for it. This was a disappointment.
* There are no attachments for Lowpro external accessories such as bottle, flash, or lens carriers. I have a couple of these accessory pouches and was hoping to use them on this bag. No such luck.
* The bottom has the same material as the rest of the bag. It is not reinforced, nor have extra waterproofing. Given the padding for the camera body section is rather thin, you defiantly do not want to drop this on a hard surface.
* I wish it had a couple of extra internal pockets for small items. There room for other stuff, but there is no way to organize it
Summary. I think Lowepro cut some corner when making this. If this was a$20 or $30 bag I'd expect that. I do not expect that on a small bag that retails for $75. Despite some gripes this is not a bad bag, and I will continue to use it on trips. Would I buy this again if I had it to do over again? Probably not.