Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Lowepro SlingShot 100 All-Weather Digital Camera B..." and save 51% off the $82.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
- •Important Product Information: Lowepro packs and bags with the AW (All-Weather Cover) designation include the item inside the pack, typically in the bottom or back in a zippered or Velcro-secured pocket. If you are experiencing difficulty locating it, feel free to contact Lowepro customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lowepro SlingShot 100 All-Weather Digital Camera Backpack - Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Perfect for photojournalists
- Unique sling design goes from "carry mode" on your back, to "ready mode" in front of your chest
- Ergonomic sling strap evenly distributes equipment weight in the "carry mode"
- Holds an SLR with mid-range zoom lens attached, up to two extra lenses, cables, and other accessories
- Built-in microfiber LCD cloth protects screens from camera straps, nicks, and scratches
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||6.7 x 8.1 x 15.7 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1.59 pounds|
|Item Weight||1.54 pounds|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||Lifetime Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||1.55 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
The Slingshot 100 AW is a sling style camera bag designed to comfortably carry a digital SLR body with a compact zoom lens attached, plus 1-4 extra lenses or flash units. Loaded with features, the SlingShot 100 AW boasts an All Weather Cover, a built-in memory card pouch, a micro fiber LCD protector, Hypalon SlipLock attachment loops and plenty of other amenities to provide the greatest ease of use and comfort.
Canon EOS Series, Rebel Series; Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D; Leica Digilux 2; Nikon D70, D100; Olympus E-300; Pentax with compact Zoom lenses or flash units.
Slingshot 100 AW Highlights:
1. Ergonomic Sling Strap
2. Full Access Lid
3. All Weather Cover
4. Zip-Stop Buckles
5. Tuck-Away Stability Strap
6. Built-In Memory Card Pouch
7. Built-in Micro Fiber LCD Cloth
8. Silent Zipper Pulls
9. SlipLock Attachment Loops
10. Accessory Pockets
11. Mesh Back Pad
The unique design of the SlingShot 100 AW provides quick and easy access to camera equipment while still being worn. Perfect for photojournalists, sports photographers or anyone in need of quick access to their equipment, the SlingShot 100 AW allows you to focus on your shooting and not on finding your equipment.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 7:13 Mins|
I have an EOS 20D with the 17-85mm zoom, and it fits beautifully in the main compartment with sufficient room for another lens and a flash or for two lenses.Then there's an upper compartment where I keep my battery charger, cables and other assorted stuff, and a filter pocket in the front.
Some nice details that really stand out to me:
- The hidden all-weather cover that stows away in a flat Velcro-ed pocket to the base of the bag is invisible until you pull it out for use: so much so that one reviewer didn't even realise it is there!
- The back is very well padded.
- The zips are very high quality, and silent when in use. When they are closed the zips themselves are not visible, instead you have a neat covered `bead' for the length of the opening.
- The main compartment flap opens fully, giving unrestricted access.
- There are two nylon webbing straps with quick-release clips to that ensure that when the bag is on your front, there is no chance that the flap will accidentally open due to the weight of the camera, even is the zips are half opened. This is hard to describe accurately, but trust me- there'll be no nasty surprises if these clips are in place.
- When in shooting position, the bag presents an excellent platform for your elbows, greatly enhancing the steadiness of your shot.
- There's a built-in microfibre cloth that protects your LCD screen whilst the camera is in the bag, and may well be used as a lenscloth.Read more ›
I use the SlingShot 100 AW everyday. Photo ops come up at any second. You have to be ready and the SlingShot allows you to be there. It comfortably holds my DSLR Rebel XT, 430EX flash, 5 memory cards, cables, power adapter, 24mm lens, 85mm lens, 100mm macro lens and the attached 18-55mm lens.
The INGENIOUS sling design is easy to use. Simply rotate unzip the main compartment (everything stays in because the closeable buckles prohibit you from opening it up too far) and easily lift the camera out in shooting position.
While the camera is out, the bag hangs comfortable around the front and I use it to rest my elbow on while shooting (an added bonus! stability).
The stabilizing strap can be hidden away, very NICE touch. And easily pulled out when needed.
The all-weather (AW) hidden cover comes out and protects in a downpour. Another great idea.
The microfiber LCD protector, numerous pockets are added bonuses, but the TRUE BEAUTY OF THIS BAG is that it allows QUICK, EASY AND SECURE motion from storage to shoot.
I got the 100 because I'm smaller and prefer a smaller bag. If I need to absolutely carry more lenses and gear, I'll most likely be going somewhere where I'm going to be stationary so I'll use my Lowe computrekker.
But as for being in the field, and being ready at moments notice...the SlingShot is it.
UPDATE JULY 2008:
I sold this bag. Not because it was bad--I got more stuff and bought the next size up! I own the Slingshot 200 now and it is just as versatile, convenient and durable. LoweProducts are the way to go.
Sometimes you need a bag that can hold all your gears, such as primary DSLR body, backup DSLR body, notebook computer, several lenses (walkaround, telephoto, wide angle, etc.), filters, several memory cards, iPod, chargers, extra batteries, battery grip, and so on. And there are times when you need a smaller bag like the Slingshot 100. It is just large enough to hold Canon Digital Rebel XTi with EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, extra battery, battery charger (with international power adapter if traveling overseas), a couple of extra CompactFlash memory cards, and 3 lens filters. And there's enough room for either Sony DCR-HC42 MiniDV camcorder, a couple of MiniDV blanks, and camcorder charger OR iPod with camera connector and iPod charger. Missing in action is EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM telephoto lens.
It has 5 areas:
1. Primary area for the camera and lenses. It includes 3 Velcro partitions that can be rearranged to snugly hold the camera body and lenses.
2. The area where camera's LCD meets is a pouch that can hold several memory cards and is specially engineered to protect the LCD.
3. Top portion can hold items such as compact camcorder, compact point and shoot camera, or iPod, along with their charger and cables. Or perhaps some snacks.
4.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Item Arrived quickly and as described! Very happy with the purchase!Published 3 months ago by P. C. Gip
I purchased this camera bag in May 2011. Never experienced any hassles with all of the touring it has been through.Published 9 months ago by Jeremiah 17N7
This product arrived quickly and was exactly what I expected. I bought this as a gift, my girlfriend was very satisfied.Published 11 months ago by JR
Works great! A little smaller than I imagined when i first bought it and it arrived, but it's done me well for the past few years. Read morePublished 11 months ago by EssentiallyHealthyNicole
This bag is well built and well padded. I could pack D 9 attached with Tokina 11- 17 mm lens, 1 nikon 18- 105 mm , 1 sigma 18- 250 mm macro hsn, and 1 nikon prime lenses. Read morePublished 12 months ago by barid mukherjee