Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on September 20, 2016
I bought this so I could carry my camera on my chest for backpacking and have easy access to the camera. After trying to get this on in the hotel, I ended up using caribiners to strap my camera bag to my backpack's waist belt. I don't know if this just didn't fit quite right, but it felt like the camera was going to be flopping around. I had wanted something that would be tight and secure on my chest. Hooking my bag up to my waist belt was definitely the way to go.
on September 29, 2013
I use this harness to secure a Toploader Pro 75 AW. As a 6' male I could adjust it so that it holds the bag steadily against my chest.
The resulting height for the opening is just a tad high to comfortably get the camera and put it back but this was expected..
The build quality and perceived safety are good although I would have preferred metallic anchor points at the bottom, similar to those on the top.
Now, this is for sports or traveling in hard conditions (cycling, skying, roller-skating), it will not do as a fashion statement.
I would buy it again if I were to lose it.
on March 3, 2009
I own a Nikon D80 and I usually go out with 2 lenses at any time. I purchased the topload zoom 2 along with the harness.

I got this for when I go hiking to use it with the chest harness and a backpack at the same time. While the harness is not that easy to put on the first time, the combo topload + harness is so convenient. It does not impair your capacity to carry other hiking related stuff, you don't have to miss all these incredible shots because you can just grab your camera whenever. And you do not need to kill your neck keeping your camera out all the time either. More importantly, this is a nice way to equalize the weight of your equipment when Hiking.

Some reviewers mention that the straps were not too conveniently located and could conflict with your backpack straps. If your backpack is well conceived, that's probably not a problem then.

Why 4 stars? The straps are fairly thin and not padded like on a backpack. This might hurt and not be too comfortable after long hours. Make sure you wear a pretty think shirt or a jacket.

The level of adjustments seems ok for a typical body size but I feel like either very small or very big people will have a hard time adjusting it. It will likely be too loose or too tight.

Overall, I like it!
on July 21, 2015
I have worn this on a couple long (8+ miles) hikes with a backpack. It is better than my previous setup, which was carrying my lowepro toploader as a shoulder bag under my backpack. But it's still not ideal. The straps have no cushioning...they tend to dig into my shoulders uncomfortably. The straps are a little hard to adjust, and they will not go as tight as I need them to be. Another product sized just for men, it seems. I will keep looking for a better alternative to keep my DSLR handy while I hike.
on November 4, 2010
I used to use the Lowepro sling case and didn't like having to sling it around my body every time I wanted to use my camera. I would often just keep the camera strap around my neck with the sling case on my back or keep the sling case in front and use the camera out of it there.
This harness is ideal because I can keep the camera in it's carrying case in front of me and easily access it when I am ready to take a picture or put it away. I'm very happy with this harness. I've worn it on multiple 7-10 mile hikes and have no discomfort/rubbing. It did not snag my nice merino hiking shirt, either (the velcro on the rain-fly compartment of the sling back did).
I'm a 5'4", 125 lb woman with 36" bust and this harness works well for me.
on December 12, 2007
I use this with a topload zoom all-weather bag, and this harness keeps the bag stable, so I can lean completely forward (flat) or jog at a slow gallop. A nice feature of strap is that when you put it on, the back has a sown strap patch which permanently ties together all straps, and allows you to [loop] hang strap from your neck. This makes it very easy to put on as you don't have to rest bag on a table, etc. while you strap it in. My only issue with bag is that the D-Ring clips (which mount to your bag) are made out of plastic, and may break. But for the price, I'm not going to worry much. So 4-star because of the plastic clips, but other than that a nice 5-star product.
on July 29, 2016
This is perfect for backpacking. Used it with the Toploader Zoom 55 AW II from Lowepro while wearing a 50L backpack and it felt incredibly lightweight and made the camera easily accessible throughout the trip. I'm sure it looks ridiculous but the comfort and efficiency totally make up for it.
on August 20, 2013
Not much to say here. I used it on a Toploader 70. It flopped around all over the place, despite being tightened within an inch of its life. There are ways to make a secure four-point harness, but this is not it.
on August 18, 2012
Like others have noted the shoulder strap is a little confusing to hook up. I found that connecting the D ring hooks on the wide straps that come forward over your shoulders to the lower D rings and then connecting the narrow straps that come from the back around your chest to the top D rings provided the best support. When connected the other way the shoulder straps could not be tightened properly for a snug fit. Once everything was attached there was no interference with a back pack. The camera was easily accessible and safe as long as you kept the camera strap around your neck.
on December 5, 2014
Really really love this harness. I attached it to my Toploader Zoom 55 AW and work incredible. Is perfect to go hiking or mountaineering, or any other activity you want your hands free.