Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 208 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 265 reviews
on May 20, 2015
Absolutely perfect for the Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. Fits in the bag lens down, even with the lens hood attached, and the camera's strap. Can be used a bit like a sling, sliding it around to the front, and the top zipper is opens on the body side, then lift and shoot. Very nice. This model, unlike the latest one, has the nice top handle which is useful as well when not using the long strap. The only disadvantage of the bag is it is a bit tipsy when setting down, since it is smaller at the base. There is a side pocket for spare battery, SD card, maybe a microfiber cloth and lens cap, but that's about it. Charger is too big, but having the spare battery suffices. A great purchase for $20 on sale.
on December 9, 2016
I bought this case along with the chest harness for my girlfriend because when we go hiking she gets ticked at her old case for flopping around everywhere and having to fish her camera out when she wants to take a picture sometimes even skipping pictures because of it. It fits nicely and it's so easy to grab the camera, take your pic, and put it back and keep hiking with ease. The chest harness also helps alleviate shoulder pain which is a plus! Good materials and quality rain cover also. Would recommend this product + harness to any photographer.
review image review image
on June 21, 2013
Nice toploading bag that perfectly fits my 5D3 with 70-200 f/4L IS attached with hood reversed. The depth, width, and height are just about perfect, even with my Black Rapid strap connected (which needs to hang outside the bag though, since there isn't enough space for it). The front pouch is really deep and just one big pocket. Would have been nice to have some organization in it. The zipped lid has an inner zipped pocket that can hold some thin accessories (I put in wet wipes). Padding is sufficient and there is a padded divider you can add in the middle of the bag if you have a shorter lens attached. Nice attachment "loops" on either side to attach an accessory bag (I stuck a Pearson Onyx bag for my 16-35 f2.8L)

4 stars because the lid does not have a snapping latch like the "Pro" toploader bags, so you need to zip it up if you want it to be secure which can be a bit of a hassle. Also, the D-rings are plastic instead of metal and the shoulder strap also has plastic rings on the ends and no shoulder padding. A budget bag overall but I love it because of the perfect fit for my camera with my longest lens attached with its hood too (reversed).
Enthusiast: Photographyon November 26, 2014
This TLZ50AW just fits a Sony a7 with the Sony/Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 prime with the big flower petal lens hood attached. This camera setup is just a few millimeters taller than the interior of the TLZ, and so the top flap bulges just a little bit when zipped closed. Also, the interior length/width is just enough to fit the Sony a7 body almost glove-like. I have skinny fingers, so I can reach in around the battery grip in order to remove the camera from the bag. Those with bigger fingers or simply a preference for a roomier bag (side-to-side dimensions) might opt up to the Pro version of the TLZ, which has an asymmetrical profile that better accommodates fat battery grips on pro cameras.

I'm happy with this setup as described. But when I eventually step up to a second full frame Sony, and possibly a longer lens (70-200 F4), I'll probably get the 70 or 75 Pro version of this bag. Then I'll have one TLZ for each full frame rig. This bag smaller/snugger, and the other bag cavernous in comparison...
on October 22, 2014
Pretty nice little bag. I thought I could get my Nikon D800 with the 28-300mm lens on but that is a tight squeeze; It can be done, but don't keep anything in the inside-top pocket. Fits the Fuji X-T1 nicely with the kit lens, and a little snug if you keep a wide-angle lens at the bottom with the divider over it.
review image review image
on July 10, 2017
This appears to be perfect for my use along with my vest.

It just fits my Canon 80D with the 70-200mm (hood reversed)

It feels like the same quality material and sturdy padding as my Lowepro backpack.

If my opinion changes I'll add an update after I've used it.

Btw I tried the Lowepro sling bag, which can't compare to this bag, and left a review. This bag worn with my vest is the perfect combo.
on September 3, 2017
This fit my Panasonic FZ1000 very nicely and has enough space for a spare battery and a filter pack. Could use a little more in the way of extra pockets and storage. I was concerned that the end it sits on would be too small and it would tip over but that hasn't happened. I bought and returned two other cases, this is the best I've found so far for my camera.
on December 18, 2010
The most important bit of product data missing for the Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW is the interior dimensions. This case is 10.2 inches deep without the divider, 6.3 inches wide and 4.3 inches tall.

The depth was driving feature for me and 10" is more than plenty for my Canon 60D with the kit 18 - 135 lens with lenshood attached. Being able to leave the hood on was important to me as I didn't want to be bothered with taking it on and off all the time. Even with the lenshood, there are still a couple spare inches and this case will take a longer lense easily.

The case itself is well constructed. The divider attaches firmly to the case. The outer material feels sturdy (cordura?) and the zippers feel substantial. The rubberized tabs on the zippers provide an easy gripping surface and a positive action.

The strap is plenty long enough to let this case hang at your hip. It has a bit of non-slip stuff sewed to the back in the center to keep it from sliding around which is a really nice touch.

The inside top pocket is interesting in that it is a 3-in-1 pocket with a couple of memory card sleeves sewn into the front of the pocket leaving the whole remaining area to be used as desired. The outer front pocket is large and the zippers open up far enough to give easy access without zipping all the way down and dumping all of your stuff. The outer side of the pocket doesn't have much padding. While I would put a flash in there, I wouldn't keep any lenses in that pocket if I could avoid it.

The one thing that would make this case really awesome is if the velco strips for the divider ran most of the way up and down the sides to offer complete flexibility instead of the 1" wide strip provided.

I really like this case. It has the extra depth I was looking for without being too big (or too expensive). It carries well alone and will slip into my backback easily for travel.
review image
on June 17, 2016
Lots of use and it has excellent construction. Ample storage for small items on the outside,
My one complaint is the Velcro strip inside at the bottom.
With the lens hood reversed for storage on my Canon 70d &18-135mm lens, the hood catches on the bottom edge of the Velcro when removing the camera. This got irritating after a time.
I finally solved the problem by using one of the small adjustable panels from my camera back pack to attach to that Velcro and provide a cover over the edge of the Velcro that was catching the lens hood.
Now all is well.
on September 11, 2015
The case lives up to the high standards of quality you'd expect for a Lowepro product. It feels incredibly sturdy, and well stitched. The only reason I ding it a star is that I think the side strap for attaching a lens sleeve is maybe a little too narrow to comfortably handle that, and also the inside of the top flap doesn't have a lens cap holder, which would be very handy.

I wound up having to return it, though, because it was too small for my camera. I have a Canon 5D Mk II, and it just barely fit in the Zoom 50 with a mid-range (28-135mm) zoom, and couldn't fit it at all with the hood on. The images associated with this listing actually show the Zoom 55, which I believe would hold my camera/lens/hood just fine. Specifically, the images of the dude in the blue shirt (the images that I was using for reference) actually show the Zoom 55.

If you have a mid-range APS-C DSLR (Canon 70D, or similar) then this will probably work fine for you. Likewise if you have a full-frame camera like mine and only want to carry around a fixed 50mm or similar then this will work fine. But if you want to carry even a midrange telephoto lens, move up to the larger bag.