Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lucid Intervals: A Stone Barrington Novel
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on April 27, 2010
Stone Barrington is no Spenser and Stuart Woods is no Robert B Parker. The one-liners and the repartee fall far short of expectations.
This story is divided into three boringly repetitious events: eating & drinking, flying/learning to fly, or spending time in bed, (with prose that really doesn't enhance the moment).
Oh and there's a plot in there somewhere as well. When it's finally wrapped up in the office of the Prime Minister of England you feel embarrassed by the way it's done and glad that it's over.
Please try harder next time Mr. Woods, your readers deserve it!
Last but not least, sadly it is available on Kindle as well.
on June 25, 2010
I have read all the Stone Barrington books & maybe I'm being picky but I have two questions: Why keep bringing back Holly Barker, Dolce, Herbie Fisher (who always remind me of the guy in the Lethal Weapons movies), Arrington (who has Stone's son & who Stone NEVER talks about, the son I mean) and why does Stone never have any money????????? He always has to take jobs to pay his astronomical bills. Even Dino who got a lot of money in his divorce has money (& Stone always pays for him). The books are pure fluff but I just felt the need to ask these 2 questions.
on September 1, 2010
I am so sorry I bought this book, I wish I would of checked it out before purchasing it,but as I liked some of his other books I thought this would be at least good. It was so boring and dull, the airplane speil was bad enough especially when there was no point to it, the whole premise of this book was juvinile, dull and completely uninteresting. If Mr Woods thinks that bringing in all the sex spices up this story he is totally out of touch. Terrible book. No more of his books for me.
on October 20, 2010
Once again Mr. Woods has let me down. I have read all his books and always looked forward to a new one being published. For the last couple of years though his books, in my opnion, have just gotten worse and worse. I thought Lucid Intervals was going to be good when I started it. It had some of his earlier writing style and humor....then it just started going downhill and the ending was ridiculous. I will not buy any more of his books.
on June 2, 2010
As always, Stuart Woods entertains us with his wonderful, witty story telling. I devour his books as soon as they hit the market and then die waiting for the next one. His stories are wonderful, his characters delightful, and they are such an easy read. He has wonderful talent intertwining his characters' lives from story to story so you remember them instantly when they are re-introduced. He never fails to delight me.
on August 3, 2010
I've read quite a few of Stuart Woods' books and find them consistently enjoyable. They are fast, pleasant stories with interesting characters. The British agent along with Stone's ex-wife keep things moving along. It is easy to recommend so long as the reader is not looking for deep messages but rather an opportunity to get away from his/her troubles to sit back and smile.
on May 19, 2010
Great job as usual! You can always count on Stuart Woods to provide good reading!

FYI- If Amazon had a place we could write to and complain about the lack of some novels availability then we wouldn't have to write it here!
on July 15, 2010
I listened to this and it was enjoyable. It left me with two questions - 1. Where did the $50 dollar bill come from and 2. What kind of meds does Stone take for the STD's he's bound to have by now?
on May 27, 2015
Not Me Woods best effort . Still entertaining . To fans of Stone Barrington I would recommend this novel .
New characters are being introduced . I can say no more without spoiling the novel .
on December 26, 2013
I have become a big Stone Barrington fan and each story holds my attention. This one was not disappointing and I enjoyed making this purchase from the seller because it was so reasonable in price.