Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Size: Medium|Color: Blue|Change

Showing 1-10 of 957 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 980 reviews
on December 16, 2013
This is actually a very nice and comfortable helmet, if you can get the sizing issue worked out. It has a nice fleece padded liner and the circumference is easily adjustable using the wheel at the back. It can be adjusted while wearing the helmet, which makes it easy to get the perfect fit. The red color looks great, too... it is a shinier finish than expected based on the photo, but that is considered a plus by the 13 year old it was purchased for.

As for the sizing, they are fine for both kids and adults (the large helmet actually fits me, too). It just depends on the size. It appears that the company lists this sizing:
Adult/Youth Small (54-55cm [21.5"]), Medium (56-58cm [22"-23"]), Large (59-60cm [23"-23.5"]), XL (61cm [24"])

I found that it is not accurate, and you should plan to buy one size larger than would be indicated by this chart. I did actually measure prior to ordering, and with a head circumference of 57cm, I opted to buy a large (rather than medium as the chart suggests), and it fits perfectly. At the smallest setting it is a little too tight, and at the largest is slightly loose, so that is exactly what I would want for fit. Overall, I would definitely recommend this helmet, especially for the price. Just be sure to measure head circumference before ordering and then size up.
0Comment| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2016
Just got the helmet and here are my impressions so far:

Good:
- Nice looking and great color
- Great price
- Just the right fit and sits well on my head (Ordered XL size and my head is not very big)
- Holds the googles in place and won't let them slip when I put them on the helmet
- Good and secure googles clip in the back
- Nice looking

Bad:
- The Tie-wheel in the back of the helmet is sticking out and pressing on my neck a little. Not sure if this will be noticeable on the track. (see image)
- The front of the helmet is kind of low and ends very close to my eyebrows; I won't be able to use my large googles, need to find smaller profile googles. Otherwise googles are blocking my nostrils and makes it hard to breath because they are sitting to low because of the helmet.
- The Logo is too big
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2016
I ordered 3 of these helmets. They look nice and seem to be of good quality. My family of advance beginner/low intermediate skiers only skis 3-5 times per year. It was nice to find inexpensive helmets. We have not tested them in a crash, but they feel secure. The sizing chart is available as one of the photos if you select the white helmet. I purchased a medium, large, and extra large. My head circumference is 57 cm, and the medium fit per the sizing chart. But the large felt more comfortable, especially if I decide to wear a hat/liner under the helmet. It really helps that these helmets are adjustable. My 8 YO (56 cm) took the medium, and my 15 YO (59 cm) took the extra large. My husband (61 cm) ended up ordering an extra large for himself later.
on September 13, 2015
Not a fan of this helmet. The helmet itself fits ok but not great. I find that the adjustment knob in the back presses into the back of my head and hurts. It is a very uncomfortable helmet; maybe it is just the shape of my head! Whatever the reason this is clearly not the helmet for me. The snap at the rear to keep your goggles in place is a bit tight and unwieldy, I find it hard to snap on and off. I have used the helmet four times this season (I live in the southern hemisphere) and will not be using it next season. All in all, terribly disappointed by this helmet, sometimes it helps to pay more!
VINE VOICEon March 28, 2016
UPDATE:

I contacted Lucky Bums via their website and immediately got a response and they sent me out a repair kit for the button. They were super helpful and fast to fix the problem! Super happy with this experience!

Got this helmet for skiing, it does the job and feels solid. Has nice ear covers and a soft cloth on the chin hook. Has the holder for goggles and works nicely. I have a big head so got the X-Large and it fits nicely and is adjustable so I had no issue. This helmet also looks good and has taken some hits and only got small artificial scratches that are not noticeable. My only issue with it is that for mine the little button for holding the goggles seems to be broken and I can not get it out; the rubber can be stretched off so I have been doing that to get the goggles on and off.

In the end this was an affordable helmet that does the job and looks and feels as good as the others for way less money. I will probably contact them about the bad button and see if they can send me a new one; so I am not too concerned.
on February 2, 2016
I hate helmets but every so often I ski spots where it's smarter to wear one than go without. That said, this is fairly awesome for a cheap helmet. The name is a bit ridiculous (Lucky Bums???) but the helmet fits well and seems well made. I knocked off one star because the rear fit adjuster really needs to have more padding to cover the plastic parts. It tends to dig into your scalp a bit. I'll probably figure a way to add a bigger piece of padding via velcro. I'd also guess that a helmet liner would help but would probably make it too hot to wear in spring. And finally, it fits a bit low in front so you may find yourself wishing for a narrower pair of goggles.
on February 14, 2017
Love the simplicity, design, and glossy finish, looks great! Feels sturdy yet lightweight, the goggle loop is really great, holds tight. The chin and micro-adjustable straps are easy to adjust. It can fit quite a range of head circumferences I feel: 56 cm to 62 cm easy but might not be as comfortable in the back if you have to tighten it down that much. I have a 58.5 cm circumference, oval-shaped head, and the L fits just fine.

TIP: think about what you're going to wear under the helmet -- I usually rent a L when snowboarding, but I also wear a knitted cap w/ ball under so that fits perfectly. I'm going to switch to wearing a balaclava so I think a M would fit better (so sold my L to a friend), plus without a knit cap the adjusting dial in the back rests a little low on my neck where I can feel the pressure.

Not a huge issue but the chin rest gets flipped around easily, just have to adjust it after fastening.
on February 25, 2016
Buy one size larger. I went into a store and determined I needed a size large in another brand. I went to that brand's website. According to their measurements I needed a medium. The medium in the store seemed to be squeezing my head a little. With that experience, I was able to relate to other people reviews saying to buy one size larger. I love that these are adjustable. I was able to wear a cloth head band under. It was comfortable and went with my goggles great. It keeps your ears warm enough but still allows for sound *****If you have long hair be aware that this helmet does not allow for even a very low pony tail. I had to do a very low, loose pony. The back of the helmet goes pretty much to your hair line on the back of your neck*******
review image
on April 28, 2017
If you don't want to spend a fortune, and want some decent protection for the occasional use, this helmet was great. Hard to beat for the money. Worked great for our trip to Vail a few weeks ago.Now I have a large head. I was skeptical that this helmet would fit. Technically, it didn't fit great. My head is larger than most, which is why I ordered the XL. However my head must be longer from front to back than most too, because the helmet was pretty tight on my forehead. Left a red mark afterwards for an hour or two, but it wasn't bad enough to send back. Once I was on the hill the fit didn't bother my once. And after some of the spills and yard sales I had coming down the blues towards Vail Village, I am glad I had it. I wish the fit was better for me, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant spending more cash just for our vacation trip.
on January 3, 2017
Bought 2 of these for our kids, ages 5 & 8. Very happy with these out of the box. They fit great and with the adjustable system should continue to do so for a few years. In fact, I even put one on myself (hat size 7-1/4) and while it was tight and not ideal, did actually fit on my head. Kids liked the bright colors.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.