Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on July 28, 2012
I wasn't familiar with the comic book(s) Lucky Luke, but who doesn't like a good western? To be honest, I bought the film mostly for Jean Dujardin, and he does not disappoint! But I also love the artistry in this movie. It's gorgeous to look at (You'll never see a better use of the art of matte paintings)and the characters are funny and very comic-book like. Jean Dujardin is perfect as the virile, scruffy, tender and honorable title character. He can shoot a gun like no one else, and his nifty horse Jolly can take him waterskiing! Pre-The Artist, Dujardin's Luke is also a man of few words, but when he speaks in his quiet drawl, everyone listens - Daisy Townsfolk, Billy the Kid, Calamity Jane, The American President, and an especially verbose, Shakespeare-spewing Jesse James. Jean Dujardin's real life wife Alexandra Lamy is perfect as the stunning Belle. Their scenes together are totally charming. The only disappointment with this DVD, and for me it's huge, is that while the movie is subtitled for the english speaking audiences, the bonus features are NOT. I watched with great interest as the directors and special effects artists discussed the creation of certain scenes and the look of the film - alas, I'll never know the whole story (unless I can learn beaucoups French). But the photos taken during the shoot were stunning and worth watching. And watching Jean crack up in outtakes (if you've seen OSS117 - Nest of Spies, you know what I'm talking about) can make your own stomach sore from laughing. My other regret is that I never had an opportunity to see this in theatrical release - It must have been such a treat! The art direction and costumes are great. There are some camera angles and set pieces that look very much like comic book illustrations. Great for kids, adults and lovers of the western genre. I highly reccommend it - imagine - a cowboy who can shoot but would much rather draw and sing! Magnifique! How do you say sexy cowboy in French?
on October 19, 2013
The original Lucky Luke is a Belgian cartoon about the American west. My French teacher (from Belgium) really liked it and had a couple of the cartoons in the classroom. The movie stars Jean Dujardin (The Artist) as Lucky Luke. He plays a gunman who's faster than his shadow. Despite being an excellent shot and very fast, he's never killed anyone, and thereby hangs this story. There are many historical inaccuracies in this film, but I suppose the Belgians don't care. However, I found it hard to suspend my disbelief. This is an amusing movie, but not great.
on October 7, 2016
The description on this item says it's English, but I received the French version.
I'm disappointed!!
on June 10, 2015
Great movie if you have read the comic books.
on February 16, 2015
This seems to be a misguided attempt at French movie makers to take on the kind of movie that Hollywood makes so much of. Terrible, but not soul-killing, so it gets two stars.
on February 7, 2013
I bought this for Dujardin in cowboy drag and got Melvil Poupaud hamming it up playing a horrible actor and looking more smoldering than ever before to boot! Treat from beginning to end with lots of great jokes and the look of it is amazing.
on September 30, 2012
First I must warn you!The film is in French,but you can move around the menu till you find "Avec" which will let you watch it with English subtitles!Anyways,great film.If you love the Lucky Luke comic book series,you'll love this movie.A bit more serious than the comics,but it still should make you laugh.The cinematography is great and the acting is decent.I suggest this film a lot more then the Terence Hill version.Also,NOT A FAMILY FILM!!!!!!!!!!This film is ok for 11 on up!Now BUY IT!
on July 30, 2014
YEAH BABY This was so good. Well shot and a wonderful western. I was knocked out by "The ARTIST" this guy can act baby. It's in French. So enjoy the sub-titles. I love this film based on the famous western comic book.
on July 31, 2014
I liked this goofy movie! The movie was well thought out. Even as a goofy movie it was well constructed, witty and will catch the viewers with fast action comedy to make you grin and laugh.
on May 6, 2014
Bon!! j'aime Jean Dujardin, ca suffisait pour l'acheter.
Cependant le film n'est pas un incontournable..mais en meme temps il y a pire!!
good deal...