Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Lucky Shopping Manual: Building and Improving Your Wardrobe Piece by Piece Turtleback – November 10, 2003
Wiley Architecture, Construction, & Design Sale
Save up to 40% on select architecture, construction, and design guides during August. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From Publishers Weekly
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
About the Author
Lucky Editor-in-Chief Kim France has had an extensive career in publishing, which has includedpositions at New York magazine, Spin, and Sassy. Her articles have appeared in many other national magazines.
Top Customer Reviews
Inside the book you will find scads of information to help you look great. The authors will show you how just a little tweaking can result in a totally different look. What to look for in fit. How to make your pieces work from one season to the next. And the little details that make a good outfit an exceptional one.
The book also includes examples of everyday women and the types of garments they choose and why. It's inspiring to see the special wardrobe favorites of others. Lovely Shoshanna Lonstein shows off her curvy figure and shares what clothing looks best on her. Pictures are shown of her favorites including her fabulous Prada mules, cashmere sweaters and gold vintage bag. Makes me realize why and how much I enjoy the staples in my own closet.
Sample chapters include, sweaters, swimwear, undergarments and shoes. What to pack for a 3 day trip, streamline your closet, classics to collect, 20 great pieces worth the expense and more.
The back of the book also includes a page of "Lucky Breaks". These are coupons for discounts at benefit, underglam, bluefly. urban outfitters and nine west. Better hurry up though they expire December 31, 2003. (Not sure if future printings will update these).
Great fashion resource!
2. Specific answers to problem bodies (i.e., what kind of every article to wear based on your body's characteristics--big butt, pear-shaped, slim-hipped, short, love handles, etc.).
3. A slough of clothing combinations (even underwear!) to fit any budget or taste: Take a summer dress, for example, and show it with various accessories to make it appropriate for any occasion or attitude. Includes both modern and classic items.
4. Common-sense suggestions on what to look for in terms of fit, and what to spend or not spend your clothing dollar on!
5. Places to get all the great clothes featured.
6. Care tips for clothing.
7. Has "what not to wear" type suggestions that are dead-on and not at all snippy or incredulous.
8. Love the high-quality color images and almost total lack of text--who needs it?
1. Nothing to help athletic or tall builds.
2. No info about care of fur (and storage facilities are the top issue in this category!).
I think I will give The Lucky Shopping Manual to my daughter who is 25 years and she will love it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is an intelligent book - unexpectedly useful, the bulk of the information is timeless. Don't get sidetracked by the passage of time and the changes in fashion.Published 25 days ago by Bri Austin TX
A fun book to have for comparisons of handbags that fall within your own taste.Published 6 months ago by CiGi
Great book, it arrived quickly. It was torn at the spine, but just taped it up.Published 19 months ago by Alexis and Mama
Great Book,, shows you what pieces you can put together to make a complete outfit and how one piece can work several different ways, really enjoy the hints on proper fitting... Read morePublished 19 months ago by P.Kastella
This is one of my favorite books! I had to buy a second copy because I gave my first away. I love the way it is organized by types of clothing. Read morePublished 20 months ago by ISea
If you struggle with what to wear or what to buy and have for outfits in your closet then this book is for you. Read morePublished 21 months ago by sadams42