- File Size: 1740 KB
- Print Length: 376 pages
- Publisher: Human Vertex Publications; 1 edition (January 12, 2016)
- Publication Date: January 12, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01AKAWIW2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #265,881 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $12.00 (80%)
On Lucky Shores: A Chet Walker Adventure Kindle Edition
|Length: 376 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to On Lucky Shores: A Chet Walker Adventure
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I enjoyed the tale so much that I tried to pace myself to six chapters per night, but after getting half-way I couldn't put it down, and finished it in the wee hours of the morning. Be warned, once you start this book it is nigh on impossible to put down.
The development of the two main characters, Chet and Josie, is superb and the author throws a clever emotional curve ball with his depiction of the sheriff. I never spell out the plot in my reviews for fear of spoiling the enjoyment of future readers, however, take my word, you will be hooked on this story.
This is one of the easiest five star reviews that I've penned. Highly recommended.
How Chet gets in and out of trouble with a rogue’s gallery of locals that includes the town sheriff is the substance of the plot, which also allows for a hot romance with a the dead man’s feisty daughter, Joey. As things heat up for Chet, it was a pleasure watching him regain confidence and take a chance on friendship and love.
I found myself feeling sad when the book was about to end. I wanted more! I envy the reader who is at page one. You have a great story to look forward to.
I felt I was in good hands again in reading this one. The writing flowed and the attention to detail and imagery really sold me on the mountain-setting too. Chet is great character; I loved the way his backstory unfolded as the story progressed. There's quite a few surprises throughout the book and the tension toward the end was ratcheted right up - yet the ending wasn't rushed either.
I also found that while Chet is a witty and clever guy it was great to see that Joey was a match for him; she's a close second favourite character.
Check out 'On Lucky Shores' if you love adventure and action with a strong romantic story-line woven through.
Kerry Donovan On Lucky Shores
Chet Walker, a young musician travelling around the country to escape the memories of a child’s death, takes a turn off a highway that brings him Lucky Shores in the Colorado Rockies. He is willing to pay for his supper if he can find work as a musician in the town. He sees a truck coming down the rocky path and ends in an accident, tries the pull the hurt man out of the damaged car, only to find that he has to call for help.
The story is full of colorful characters, some angry, some desperate, some rich, others terribly poor. The mayor, the owner of the diner and the sheriff try his patience but in the end, they find him an excellent musician and a worthy friend. Then language is colorful, the men strong, and the ladies strong and beautiful. There are exciting moments where the villains, cloaked as honest men, try to continue their wayward schemes and come a cropper.
Good story. This is a coming of age story, but the age of everyone is a little older than a young adult.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you are an action story aficionado pick up On Luck Shores, you will not be disappointed. From the first page you will be wondering who Chet Walker is, and how he became so well... Read morePublished 3 days ago by David C Taylor
An easy read with good characters. Left me wondering if there is a series or if this is a stand alone book. The author appears to have done research on the setting of the story. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Yum Tum-ite
The story moved along quickly, and I could picture the characters and setting. An easy read that I didn't have to think too hard about!Published 1 month ago by DoinWhatComesNaturally
I loved the punchy style of writing. Quite similar style to Andre Agassi's Open. No fluff or spare words, just good, tight writing. Loved the story too. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ruth
I loved this story. Chet is an enigma. We don't know too much about him except he's a good samaritan. He gets embroiled in stuff that's none of his concern. Read morePublished 2 months ago by js101
I enjoy reading mysteries and thrillers. This book was hard for me to get into. The writing was jumping back and forth so much I could not keep up with the plot. Read morePublished 2 months ago by One 2 Try
My first read by Kerry Donovan and look forward to reading many more. The storyline of On Lucky Shores was captivating and a very quick paced read. Read morePublished 2 months ago by J.E. Grace
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, which was the first I’ve read by Kerry Donovan. I loved the style of writing, and the pace was steadily fast. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
As far a as fiction, the book keeps you intrigue but somewhat of a predicable outcome.Published 2 months ago by Art Bustamante
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Heist
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Medical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Medical