- File Size: 1778 KB
- Print Length: 377 pages
- Publisher: Human Vertex Publications; 1 edition (January 12, 2016)
- Publication Date: January 12, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01AKAWIW2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #27,356 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $14.00 (93%)
On Lucky Shores: A Chet Walker Adventure Kindle Edition
|Length: 377 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to On Lucky Shores: A Chet Walker Adventure
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I enjoyed the tale so much that I tried to pace myself to six chapters per night, but after getting half-way I couldn't put it down, and finished it in the wee hours of the morning. Be warned, once you start this book it is nigh on impossible to put down.
The development of the two main characters, Chet and Josie, is superb and the author throws a clever emotional curve ball with his depiction of the sheriff. I never spell out the plot in my reviews for fear of spoiling the enjoyment of future readers, however, take my word, you will be hooked on this story.
This is one of the easiest five star reviews that I've penned. Highly recommended.
I purchased a kindle copy & read it overnight. Then I had a serious book hangover.
Chet Walker is the protagonist. He's a wandering song writer & guitar player on his way to Lucky Shores where they were supposed to have an open mike night where he hoped to get a job.
"He had no plan but to keep running from his own life...The niggling twinge in his left calf had worsened during the day & reminded him of the injury. Not that he needed a prompt--the ugly a$$ed scar & the recurring ache were more than enough...The words of his college wrestling coach floated into his head. 'Pain is your friend, Walker...use it to focus your mind.'"
He witnessed a car accident & the dying man told him not to trust anyone in Lucky Shores.
I have now placed all of this author's books on my wish list.
Link to purchase: On Lucky Shores: A Chet Walker Adventure
Well, this was a cracking good yarn! Not the sort of book I'd usually choose at all, but I enjoyed it.
It's set in hick town Lucky Shores in the Colorado Rockies, in winter. All I know of Colorado is Dynasty and South Park, and Lucky Shores is definitely more Skeeter's Bar, South Park, than Krystle and Blake Carrington. The story starts when drifter musician Chet Walker (what a great name!) wanders into town, looking for a gig and a place to rest his head. Lost on a lonely road, though, he sees a motorist suffer a crash, and he runs to save his life - and so his trouble begins.
This is an adventure story, a crime mystery whodunnit thriller, with a nice little bit of romantic suspense to keep Chet from wandering back the way he came. The action picks up on a mountain hike when Chet and his female companion can't work out who their enemies are...
Kerry Donovan has done 'slightly scary American hick town' very well indeed. The characterisation is extremely good, the plot totally works, and the dialogue rips along, tight and realistic, often sharp and funny, too. Oh, and as for Chet Walker - well, you know a character's come to life on the pages when you start to fancy him, don't you?
Well written, a proper page turner. Nice!
How Chet gets in and out of trouble with a rogue’s gallery of locals that includes the town sheriff is the substance of the plot, which also allows for a hot romance with a the dead man’s feisty daughter, Joey. As things heat up for Chet, it was a pleasure watching him regain confidence and take a chance on friendship and love.
I found myself feeling sad when the book was about to end. I wanted more! I envy the reader who is at page one. You have a great story to look forward to.
On Lucky Shores: A Chet Walker Adventure ku
The Transition of Johnny Swift ku
The DCI Jones Casebook Box Set: Books 1-3 in the Casebook Series not ku
The DCI Jones Casebook: Sean Freeman not ku
The DCI Jones Casebook: Raymond Collins free
The DCI Jones Casebook: Ellis Flynn ku
The DCI Jones Casebook: Cryer's View ku
look at amazon writer page for others
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Heist
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Medical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Medical