Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,544 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,757 reviews
on June 16, 2016
This is a very sweet film that touches your heart. Nicholas Sparks has a real talent for telling beautiful stories about people in desperate situations finding love and rescue. The Lucky One tells the story of a young man who finds a photo while off at war and believes it to be a key to his destiny and a luck charm that kept him alive from a bomb attack. He travels the country and finds the woman and begins a passionate love affair. The story is about fate and destiny, but really it's above love and overcoming obstacles to find it. I think Nicholas Sparks wrote the book, turned film here, to speak less to fate...but more to the actions we take to ward of those people who would try to deprive us of happiness. The film's actors do a great job at expressing passion for each other and conflict once the truth of the photo (which led Efron's character to her) comes out.

If you enjoy a good love story, this is for you.
on February 9, 2014
Excellent movie. Bought it for my mom. Arrived quickly and now she can watch it anytime she wants. Highly recommend this movie. It is definitely a tear jerker in some spots so get your kleenex reeady! For anyone who has been around, married to, dated, or in military or EMS, it hits close to home big time! It has a couple scenes that are intense for young children, adult wise, and war scenes. It also shows a side of how PTSD can affect not only soldiers, but families as well. We have watched this so many times I have lost count and each time we watch it, I see something different that I hadn't noticed before which is awesome. All in all, it has good morals, shows respect, romance, action, a love of animals, shows how it is possible to move on after a death or divorce, keeping Faith, encouraging your children, and that romance, honor, loyalty, and helping others are still very much a part of our world today.
on January 13, 2016
Usually a fan of these romantic tearjerkers but this one was a bit of a flop. Despite talking my husband into watching it, I couldn't defend that decision when the credits rolled. The plot seemed very contrived and the characters were a bit simplistic. The best performance comes from Blythe Danner but she couldn't save this movie. We consider this a comedy.
on February 9, 2017
Surprisingly good movie for a girls movie night. Zac Efron has definitely matured well for this character.
Love the grandmother and her added levity and perspective on choosing how live life without judging.
Great movie, Could watch this more than once.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2017
Loved this romance movie. Wish they made more of them. Zac Efron is awesome in this film. He is great as the lead. Plays the Lucky Guy. This movie has a new twist on boy meets girl. I would recommend it.
on November 30, 2016
The filming, the color quality and the locations were absolutely stunning. I spent more time looking at the pictures then I did getting involved in the storyline which really seemed like nothing I hadn't seen a million times before with small twists. The story simply could have been so much more than it was. Maybe it was just too much for one short movie so there were too many places to skip around. I enjoyed it, especially because of the scenery, but really thought the story could have been done much better and I expect better from the author.
on September 8, 2012
What can I say? My girlfriend horn-swaggled me into watching another chick flick.
Well, it was her turn to choose, so I hung in there.
To my surprise it was a good and entertaining movie, with all the gushy stuff that any girlfriend could possibly like. So, if you're afraid of letting your girlfriend pick a chick flick, don't be. There may be fringe benefits after the show.
This movie was well acted with a good cast of characters, and the best part of it was that there was even a story - a good story.
Now I may not be the Siskel and Ebert of the Streaming Amazon, but I do recommend this movie for couples night out.
Just make sure you have a tissue or two handy for your special lady.
on October 30, 2012
Best-Selling author, Nicholas Sparks, has created an awesome, stirring, touching, sometimes "funny" and romantic movie featuring Zac Efron as U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault who is desparately searching for a woman, Beth (played by Taylor Schilling) whose photo served as a good-luck charm to the Sergeant and ultimately saved his life during the war. Through a series of circumstances the Sergeant finds himself in the employ of Beth's Grandmother (played by Blythe Danner) and through his employment the Sergeant comes face to face with the woman whose face graces the photo. Each character plays a pivotal part in determining their own personal destiny. As Logan, Beth and Nana embark upon this journey together each are forced to face their own demons and to once again find a new purpose in life, as well as an understanding of the loss they have each suffered....most importantly, the ability to forgive and to love again. Zac and Taylor show great on-screen chemistry together...red-hot chemistry! This movie runs the gamut of emotions.....devastating loss during war, the budding romance of new love, personal inspiration and a lot of down-right fun! I loved it and know that this is a movie I will enjoy watching over and over!
on September 4, 2012
I read the book, and I agree with other users, the book is better.. But I absolutely love Zac Efron in this movie. His character is phenomenal in that he is plays a role that is so realistic of a soldier with PTSD. I also love his chemistry with Beth and her son Ben. He really shows that someone can be a fatherly role model, even if they are not the child's father.. I love how this movie deals with realistic issues such as love, loss, single parenting, psychological disorders, anger, etc. Love this and recommend everyone see it!
on July 6, 2017
Zac Efron is such a good actor. If your looking for a good love story this is the movie to get. Good all around movie.