Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 20, 2015
This was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Great size, lots of pockets, almost perfect......except for the zippers. I could not close two of the zippers. I used WD-40 (in a pen) but it did not help. I was so sorry I had to return this product. I have arthritis and couldn't close the zippers. Sad.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 10, 2015
See my review for the Monterey sling. Zippers suck!!
on April 29, 2015
how did i ever travel without it?
on March 28, 2015
Gorgeous backpack and great compartments for laptop, etc.
One person found this helpful
on July 18, 2015
Absolutely love it! Very sleek, sturdy, and all-around a funky bag. I get tons of compliments!
on July 16, 2015
great
on May 25, 2015
As expected
on March 19, 2015
I take the train and bike to work and was looking for a new commuter bag to replace a different messenger-style Tumi bag I was using. I was debating between the Knox and Lejeune models and ultimately picked this one because the Lejeune was way too big. You could most likely fit a week’s worth of camping gear in Lejeune; great for business trips but not so much for daily commutes.

I’ve been using the backpack for close to a month now and no problems worth mentioning. It’s rugged, no marks or scratches, and the generously padded back and straps makes it very comfortable to wear. I purchased a separate sternum strap and while not necessary, the extra stability it provides makes you forget you’re wearing a bag during bike commutes.

There have been several comments about how the bag handles in wet weather and while I know it’s not waterproof, it is water-resistant. Water beads on the bag and does not stain the ballistic nylon material and most of the water beads can be shaken off or blotted with a handkerchief or towel. The inside stays dry and I have not seen any indication of noticeable moisture through wet or damp papers. While I don’t doubt some reviews that mention water getting inside the bag, I haven’t experienced this even while biking 15 minutes in moderate to heavy rain.

Features I like:
・Several inner and outer pockets make for easy organization.
・Flat bottom construction and gussets on the main opening mean the bag can stand up straight and be opened without having the contents fall out.
・Excellent padding on the back and straps.
・The sturdy handle at the top of the shoulder straps makes it easy to tote or hang.
・Stylish, (of course).

Things that could be improved:
・I wish there was padding at the bottom of the laptop compartment. I improvised by buying some padded foam at a hardware store and had it cut to size.
・The size of the bag could be slightly larger. I’m 5’9 and my wife was surprised at how small the bag looked on me. For anyone larger or taller, it might end up looking like a children’s backpack.

Overall, this has been another excellent Tumi bag. My wife tried it one weekend and liked it so much I got her the camo/spruce version, which looks great on hikes and more casual affairs.
3 people found this helpful
on January 6, 2013
The other commentator was right -- it is not water-proof; my $50 jeansport comes with a lining cover over zippers, so that water can't get in. And it has a life-long warranty. This backpack doesn't have either. Too bad I personalized it after purchasing; now I can't sell or return it :( what an epic failure for a $300 backpack
64 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on November 26, 2012
I travel with this bag all over the world -- I wouldn't consider leaving home without it.

It holds a 15" Macbook Pro, iPad, Kindle, Moleskine notebook, an assortment of chargers, and a few tshirts quite comfortably.
13 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.