Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on December 3, 2012
I preordered this movie, because I like John Schneider, and I was very impressed with Jason Burkey's acting in October Baby. I guess my expectations for this film were high, because October Baby was fresh in my mind, and it was a quality film-- great acting, plot, music, cinematography, etc. Lukewarm had a promising storyline, but the acting was hit and miss, and the music was uninspiring. John Schneider did a fine job, as always, but he had a small part (contrary to his prominent picture on the cover!). I'm still quite impressed with Jason Burkey. He was as believable in this bad boy role as he was as every girl's dream guy in October Baby. The main character was only so-so-- kind of stiff. The ending was very abrupt. With better acting, music, and production, this could've been a wonderful film. As it is, it is probably worth your time if you enjoy any of these actors, or if you're not too picky. My advice: rent or borrow it before/instead of buying it.
For Christian parents: the only potentially offensive element I noticed was the excessive drinking and the lifestyle choices that resulted. But the consequences are portrayed, and they are very negative.
on May 12, 2014
This film isn't worth renting. There was one character (the elderly black man) that captured the essence of Christian life/living, but most of the film focused on 'being good' and 'not sinning' .. not a peep about the power of the Holy Spirit and very little about walking in a daily personal relationship with Jesus. The very bad acting, illogical setting, make it awkward to watch. The kid was a good actor, Schneider, too, but neither of them have a significant amount of screentime. My greatest concern (as a Christian) is how this film would be viewed by a non-believer. The focus was on 'working hard' and 'being good' .. and not focused on living for Jesus. Will this film drive people away from Jesus by ignoring the power of God for Christian living? We need to pray for the producers of this movie to learn about and live in the anointing of the Holy Spirit before embarking on another project.
on December 31, 2012
Here's the plain-and-simple deal: the message in the film is basically fine but the production quality and acting leaves a lot to be desired. If you think you might want to check it out, you're probably better off renting it first before purchasing to see if you really might want to buy it. If you're new to the Christian/faith movie type genre, there are much higher quality productions out there like Courageous, October Baby, Fireproof, The Second Chance, The Climb, etc.

MoviesForChristians Movie Reviews
laughandlift dot com/moviesforchristians
on September 8, 2014
Both of my kids enjoyed this movie. Fairly realistic. Good acting. A quiet movie in its way.
on May 12, 2013
Our family only watches movies we believe would be pleasing to the Lord. We do not watch secular TV. We buy christian based DVD's instead of TV. This movie is on our shelf. A keeper! We recommend!
on October 3, 2015
I'm not sure why this movie got so many negative reviews. It was a simple movie with a good moral premise an uplifting ending- exactly what I expected. The acting was as good as anything that is on prime time television today and the story was positive. I am new to the christian movie genre, but am finding that every movie I have seen thus far is better than anything out in the theater. 'Lukewarm' is no exception. I enjoyed the clean family entertainment and believe it was worth the $3 to rent it. My only complaint is that I would have like to know what happened to George and Sam in the long term- whether they grew in faith and used the time in jail to turn their lives around.
on March 16, 2016
Nice story regarding unforgiveness, back sliding and denial . Then realizing that through all of your trails while you were running away from God he was still there waiting for you .
on January 20, 2013
A powerful message of forgiveness. We must be able to forgive like Thomas in this movie could! It is not easy but our blessings won't come before this takes place.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 5, 2016
Great family movie although John Schneider is only seen a few times. The movie is about a son who hasn't spoken to his father in years and is finally re-united in the end.

This show does not have any foul language or inappropriate, however there are several bar scenes and several people drinking alcohol.

The Movie is a little slow paced, but has a good meaning.
on August 7, 2014
Very poor cast. John Schneider should have passed on this one. The supporting cast was too green.