Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 132 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 144 reviews
on March 14, 2017
Of course it met my expectations, it is by Celtic Woman who are my favorite ladies.
on March 13, 2017
Enjoyed the Lullaby songs very much. Some I knew some were new to me.
on March 13, 2017
Angel Voices
on March 10, 2011
To date, by my reckoning, Celtic Woman has not put out a half-baked, shabby product. I think all of us who refer to ourselves as "fans" can be proud of that. "Lullaby" contains mostly songs we've heard before, but they deservedly should have been compiled in this fashion. Why the DVD is difficult/more expensive to obtain is a mystery. Why would any group create a limited edition of a collection of songs with such wide appeal? Is it simply a marketing ploy? Heartbreaking to me is the revolving door of incredible talent that temporarily bore the trademark as "Celtic Woman." Lynn, Alex, Meave, Orla. We do miss you so. Information I obtained about this horrendous turnover will not make anyone feel better. The story goes that before "Celtic Woman" had made any recordings but was performing concerts, one of its members filed a lawsuit for being dismissed. According to the lawsuit, "Celtic Woman" ONLY consists of Lynn, Chloe and Mariread as permanent members -- all others are simply "contracted" for a period of time. This legal arrangement came into effect at a time when Meav and Orla (and the plaintiff) were all part of the group. To prove to the world that "Celtic Woman" only consisted of three permanent members, they cut Meave and Orla. Thereafter, any "string-alongs" like Hayley Westenra, had to be cut after they fulfilled a year-long "contract." Lynn and Alex never stood a chance. They received short-shrift on the latest major DVD release, and were also given the boot. I think for the fan base, all of this is abhorrent. If it comes down to a matter of money, "Celtic Woman" should pay the original complainant (in or out of court) and unfetter themselves from this impingement on how many members can stand as full-time members. Try to imagine a group that consisted not only of Lynn, Chloe and Mariread, but also Hayley, Meav, Orla, Lisa and Alex! They could easily perform a two-hour concert and absolutely blow the minds of the audience. Even from a dollars and cents perspective, this unrestricted freedom would be worth a goldmine, wouldn't it? So far, the money men backing "Celtic Woman" are playing it cheap. They will add one new local talent to the group for touring purposes. I'm sure the addition will also be stellar, but what of our past infatuations? Must greed always win the day? I think, as stalwart and dedicated fans, we must protest by letters or email or whatever. This is just a very ugly situation that MUST be corrected for not only our fan-based enjoyment, but for the artistic integrety of those artists who work earnestly to accustom themselves to the "Celtic Woman" stage presence but who in themselves are such fantastic talents in dire need of a larger, earth-stirring voice.
77 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2011
It would be easy to dismiss "Lullaby" since there are only half the tracks on other Celtic Woman CDs and of these, almost half were already released. Except "Suantrai" may be the finest contemporary Celtic piece ever recorded - who knew Lynn Hillary had such a powerful high range?
on April 17, 2013
It is really hard to find a good lullaby CD for my children to listen to(and agree upon). This CD is great because:
1) It isn't super long.
2) Includes non-traditional lullaby songs so children hear something different.
3) My children love the inclusion of Disney songs and other songs they recognize.
4) The volume is consistent so you hear all the songs approximately the same. No worries about a song coming on and suddenly waking up someone.
Love it!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 22, 2012
I am in my late 30's and have listened to everything, mainly having a liking for metal music. Having a daughter that is now 15 months, I have been listening to a lot of lullabies and also new age music. My daughter cannot sleep unless it is playing. I bought this album and play it for her a lot when she is going to bed or taking a nap. She loves it as do I. It is very relaxing. I have enjoyed it so much I have bought other albums/song of Celtic Woman. Can't go wrong with this one if you have a toddler or if you even like to listen to something help you relax.
on May 28, 2016
I absolutely love the songs on this CD, such mesmerizing voices and the lullabies are wonderful for not only young children but for anyone. I had this CD before but it wore out with age and having been played so many times. I am so glad that Amazon still have this CD , the songs really are beautiful as are the Celtic Women voices.
on April 7, 2014
My young son needs a little help getting to sleep. He has autism, so white noise is an irritation. This CD playing very softly is just perfect. Also, when he has nightmares he can always get back to sleep all by himself.
on June 12, 2015
Lovely soothing music is the hallmark of this CD. Stay Awake has always been a favorite of mine; to find this song performed by Celtic Woman made my day. Suantrai was new to me and I enjoyed it. The traditional Brahms' Lullaby is quite sweet given the Celtic Woman treatment. Hush Little Baby is a perfect ending to the CD.