Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $10.99 shipping
+ $10.99 shipping
Lumi Photo Printing Kit
|Price:||$60.72 + $4.99 shipping|
- Kit contains: 1x Plum, 1x Blue, 2x Black Snap Packs; 2 Inkowash Sachets; 4 Inkofilm 8.5" Inkjet Films; Project Board; Test Negative; Instructions
- Inkodye is an amazing new way to print t-shirts and textiles. Its color develops and binds permanently when exposed to bright sunlight or UV
- Inkodye can be brushed, rolled, dipped, stamped, stenciled, screen printed, and more!
- Inkodye binds permanently to any natural fabric such as cotton, rayon, linen, canvas, silk, and more
- Results are soft to the touch and can be machine-washed without fading
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The new alternative to screen-printing. Print your own t-shirts and textiles using the power of sunlight. Inkodye's color develops in sunlight making it easier than ever to print your own durable designs on cotton or any natural fabric, without costly screen-printing equipment. Your wardrobe is a blank canvas. The kit makes approximately 4 prints (12x12 inches) and includes free access to an online video workshop with Lumi founder, Jesse Genet. DIRECTIONS: Snap Inkodye packet and spread it onto the fabric. Blot out excess using a paper towel. Create your design using Inkofilm or anything that casts a shadow. Expose to sunlight or bright UV light for 10-20 minutes or until color reaches full saturation. Machine wash using Inkowash to remove unexposed dye. Double your exposure time in overcast weather.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
Here are my issues with the kit:
1. The negative film is too small (8.5x8.5) & didn't feed through my printer very well. The kit lists 4 sheets, but actually contains 3 sheets and a smaller preprinted negative of a cityscape. So, since each project requires 2 negative sheets, the kit doesn't even provide enough for two projects. Instead, I used transparency sheets which cost less per sheet, gave me a much larger print area and have a guide strip to ensure it feeds well through all printers.
2. The "project board" is just really thick cardboard.
3. Lumi Wash seems to be unnecessary. I washed one sweatshirt (the one that bled) in Lumi Wash & the other in regular detergent. They've both been washed several times now with no noticeable difference in fading.
My recommendation is to buy the small packets of ink from Lumi but not the other items. The ink is great, but the other products seem like they were put together in a kit to increase the profit margin and for marketing.
WARNING Expensive and the small 8.5 sheets just won't print on our Ink jet printer. The packaging also lies and says "Prints 12x12" but the mean there is enough ink to print that size. The sheets are only 8.5 square. Paid them $18 to print out a 12x12 negative. Shirts came out horrible. Tried 4 different times and every time was a mess. Time in the sun took way less time than they recommended. Complete nightmare! The whole experience ended up costing me close to $100 and I have no shirts to show for it.
Good idea poorly executed. It's cheaper to get custom shirts printed from Vistaprint