Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on May 1, 2013
Using the Olympus E520, I love the quality of outdoor pictures...however taking indoor pictures with just the pop up flash wasn't cutting it. I purchased the FL-36r flash from Olympus and attached this bad boy - - WOW!!!! Whoever said you need to have several thousand dollars worth of camera equipment to take a quality picture, has never tried shooting indoors with the slave flash and the LumiQuest SoftBox attached.

1 other thing....If you're not willing to attach the hook side of the adhesive to your flash, I recommend purchasing the strap that comes with this item - - albeit NOT worth the $10.00 additional charged, it is nice not to have to stick the "velcro" to the flash that would probably come detached when removing the LumiQuest from the flash.

Attaching the strap to the flash was a breeze with a light rubberized backing which keeps the strap in place on the flash and the soft loop side of the "velcro" on the outside of the strap. The rough hook side of the "velcro" on the LumiQuest simply attaches VERY WELL I might add, to the soft side of the strap...which is why I mention that if you are not careful when removing the SoftBox from your flash with the adhesive velcro, it will come off - - save the headache and hassle, and just spend the money on the strap!

Simple to say - - this was a WISE INVESTMENT!!!
on May 14, 2013
Very well constructed and it works as advertised. I have a love hate relationship with this little SoftBox. It's a pretty good on-camera light modifier, but don't expect it to perform like an off-camera modifier sitting on a light stand. I never had that expectation, I just hope you don't either. It reduces flash output by around 2 stops. That should not pose a problem, but might be good information to know. Yes, I would recommend it to a friend.
on May 9, 2015
I bought this diffuser for a political event that I was photographing. It worked great. Of course a bigger diffuser would give softer light, but this is a good compromise size. I also have one of the Gary Fong dome diffusers which I like, but this Lumiquest is great for more directional light. I ended up just using the stick-on strap on the flash since I was wandering through a crowd and did not want it to get knocked off. The UltraStrap probably would have worked, but since this was my first time using the Lumiquest Softbox, I wanted to make sure I did not have any equipment issues.
on July 9, 2012
It's a piece of plastic that you fold and attach to stick-on velcro on your flash.

Cons:
- non-rugged plastic, must be handled with care.
- You must buy the additional strap or you will have to stick velcro stickers onto your flash unit.
- The white area is plastic and will yellow over time due to acid from sweat (like your fingers touching it).

Pros:
- It looks amazingly professional (much better than those soggy cloth versions out there)
- Works well to diffuse the light from the flash.

I bought the strap as well, and when it was all done, we're talking like $45 for this plus the strap. That is too much.

LumiQuest: Either lower this product to $24.99, or include the strap for free. It's a great product, that would get 5-stars if it were priced correctly.
on November 24, 2014
If the flash is used on-camera, this is the softbox to get. It's one of the smaller softboxes on Lumiquest's list, so I'm not sure what the trade-off is between how much the softbox diminishes the already-low power of a speedlight flash, and how much softening it achieves. Useful for certain circumstances, I'm sure. I haven't tried it out 'in the field' yet, as I use the speedlight off-camera (if I do use it) and for that, a larger softbox was okay (as it wouldn't interfere with the camera's focus, and would soften the light more).
on October 25, 2013
Pros:
1. Does a good job dispersing the light.

Cons:
1. A little part of the product started to tear from folding the product as indicated.
2. Rather quite large
3. You have to add velcro to your flash, and here come the issues. First, they add a little bit of size to your flash, which you don't think of...until you try to but your flash back into it's case. I have a Canon EX 430 and it is a challenge putting it back in the case. The adhesive is also strong so when you have removed it has left a lot of residue on your flash as well.

I say go for a plastic case on your flash!
on August 31, 2012
I received this softbox in a timely manner. Actually, it was delivered earlier than expected. Amazon's delivery system is great. The softbox is everything I had expected. It does the job nicely. Very satisfied. The unique design does not block either exposure sensors or auto focus assist beams on most flashes. This is one of the reasons I bought this softbox. I recommend that you buy the strap along with it because many people don't want to stick velcro on their flash head. The strap also works great! Very functional, smart design, and putting it on is easy! I shoot fashion models with it. 5 stars.
on November 16, 2014
Does a good job of softening and evening out flash. Just used it on a shoot and was pleased with the results.
on September 25, 2013
There are alot of under $10-$20 softboxes out there, but they're built pretty crappy. Several are floppy. Although I didn't like the price on this one, I most admit that it looks professional, it is well made, and softens the flash light effectively. Mostly everyone will complain about the Velcro strips that you have to stick onto the four sides of your flash, but I could care less. I'd recommend it.
on July 29, 2014
Did not have good luck with any of the LumiQuest products. The items I received seemed cheap in quality even at that low price. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I prefer the Stofen diffusers for my event shooting and it doesn't look nearly as silly on my 600ex rt or my 430exII.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question