We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Precise Swiss-quartz movement
- Mineral crystal
- Case diameter: 43 mm
- Polyurethane case; black dial; date function
- Water resistant to 660 feet (200 M): suitable for recreational scuba diving
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 3 x 2.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
- ASIN: B000F1OH08
- Item model number: 3901
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 19, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Luminox|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||43 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||13.96 millimeters|
|Band width||26 millimeters|
|Special features||Luminous, Second hand, Tachometer, Shock resistant|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
I send an e-mail to Luminox customer support asking if my watch would be covered by their two year warranty, and asking if I could send the watch to their service centers for new batteries, waterproof gaskets, etc. I received a polite reply from Mr. Douglas Watson, the Luminox Customer Service Manager. He said:
"Amazon is not an Authorized Luminox Dealer so any watch purchased through Amazon would not have a valid Warranty. We also would have no idea where the watch came from so we wouldn't know if it is new, used, refurbished or even counterfeit."
That being said, I love the watch, and will be keeping it. However, I might have to look at other buying options if I purchase another. I wanted people to be aware a purchase may not be covered by the Luminox warranty.
A card with the watch did offer a one year warranty from Countshop.com if I signed up at their website. However, my initial try was not successful because I didn't have an "Order ID" to sign in. I can't find any order ID on my Amazon invoice. However, this is a story for another time...
I bought the watch because of the tritium markings, combined with Swiss quality. We do a lot of night operations, and the tritium on the numbers and hands (even the second hand) are perfect! Bright enough that you can see the time at a glance in ANY condition without having to push a "light" button, but not so much as to give away a position. No question, exactly what I've bee looking for.
The first thing I noticed was an occasional catch when I was resetting the date or time. The second thing was that I was doing this reset at least twice a week. Not for a few seconds off. It might be 3 or 4 minutes, it has skipped hours before! Had the battery changed 3 times just to be sure, same result. This has gone on for 6 months. Thirdly, the SEALS I knew back in my Navy days would not have allowed their insignia on this thing. A tactical watch that erratically skips time?! Guess I'll try Smith & Wesson.
UPDATE: 7/25/10- After 4 attempts by a watch maker to repair my Luminox, it not only stops during date change, but upon resetting, the minute hand has gotten totally out of sync with the hour. (hour hand right on with minute hand around the ten til position) A SERIOUS waste of money. You're better off with a $20 Casio with a "light" button. Couldn't figure out how to give a "zero stars" rating. The guys in the Teams need to consider getting their name and logo off of this thing.
- a watches weight is important to me. this is one of the lightest ones Ive ever owned. it just feels natural on my wrist.
- looks it just looks good. its not flashy, it doesn't stand out.
- rugged its more than earned its money with me. (Ive personally tested it out-slamming it down, submerging it for hours at a time)
- battery i had to replace the battery about two years ago. but that was just precautions of me for a big trip.
- watch band- listen do your self a favor and get the nylon Velcro strap. the others suck but this one is the most comfortable band and the most durable. i have replaced it once cause the Velcro started falling and peeling off( 120 degree weather, sand, water, everything else.
- original rubber band sucks get the Velcro one.
-the face piece (plastic) it does have a 2 small scratches from the years of abuse wish it was a little bit more scratch resistance though
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my son and he loves the watch fits his wrist and look really good on. A tough watch to hold up to a very active young man,Published 7 months ago by Beth A. Gantt
This watch does not disappoint! Quality, stylish and functional! This is a great solid watch! I've had a few Luminox watches and they never disappoint.Published 17 months ago by Dazeek
Tested it fishing in kyack for a few days. No problems. In the darkest nights you can see the time easily. Replaced my 14 year old original with this one.Published 19 months ago by WEJ