Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Lumo Run - the Running Coach for Every Runner (iPhone 5S or newer only)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Who is Lumo Run for? From beginner to elite, Lumo Run is for you. A beginner looking to get inspired and educated on how to run the right way; A seasoned runner looking to run faster and farther while reducing the risk of injury; A marathoner or hardcore triathlete looking to shave critical minutes off your PR and win the next competition. Lumo Run is for you.
- Better Form, Better Results - make the most of your every mile with Lumo Run, a revolutionary running sensor and free app (iOS/iPhone only) combination to track, analyze, and improve your understanding of how you move so you can run faster and farther.
- When running with your phone, get real-time, in-run, auditory and motivational coaching through your headphones for immediate improvement.
- Receive personalized recommendations for exercises and drills (demonstrated in video) based on your data after each run.
- See a detailed post-run summary after each run, including analysis of your form and overall performance. Track trends and progress with comparisons across multiple runs.
- You have the option to run without your phone (after an initial 10-minute evaluation Run which requires your phone to be on you) and upload sensor data post-run to access run summary and personalized recommendations (excluding GPS, pace and distance data).
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Thousands of runners suffer injuries and setbacks each year largely due to poor running form. Aside from injuries, running form also has a significant impact on efficiency and performance.
Change the way you approach your training with Lumo Run - a smart wearable sensor and app for iOS that gives you insights and coaching on your running form to help you run faster, farther and reduce the risk of injury.
Compatibility: Compatible only with iPhone 5s or above and with iOS 9.0 or above (may not be compatible with beta releases of iOS)
For any questions, concerns and initial guidance on how to use Lumo Run most effectively, please first visit our comprehensive Support Center at www.lumobodytech.com/support call our dedicated call center at 1-877-702-7866 or write us at email@example.com prior to contacting Amazon's customer service.
From the Manufacturer
Take your Lumo Run sensor and app with you on your run and instantly turn your iPhone into your personal, portable running coach. Get real-time auditory feedback and coaching on your running form for immediate improvement. Then, go through a quick 30 second exercise recommended for you based on your data for targeted strength and flexibility training.
For those days you want to run disconnected and free, leave your iPhone at home and take only your Lumo Run sensor with you on your run. After your run, simply upload your data to the app for a full post-run summary and your recommended exercises.
"Become a better runner with this wearable that tracks your hip and pelvic motion."
"Lumo Body Tech has really pushed the boundaries of what is possible in wearable fitness tech with the Lumo Run."
"Lumo Run is truly a device that every runner can benefit from having."
Lumo Run is based on state-of-the-art sports biomechanics research. This research has uncovered new knowledge about running technique, identifying key characteristics for ideal running form.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Running coach wearable
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
The core mission of Lumo Bodytech is to help unlock the human potential and empower our users to lead healthier, more active lifestyles through the integration of technology. All three of Lumo Bodytech’s co-founders are avid runners who have experienced injury themselves from poor running form and increased their performance by improving their running form. Lumo Run was the natural next step for our company.
What makes your product special?
The Lumo Run takes the power of a running lab and the personal touch of a coach and combines the two in an easy to use wearable device. Proper running form helps people run more efficiently and effectively. The Lumo Run sits on the small of the back where it can accurately measure traditional metrics, like cadence, as well as metrics related to the pelvis, including drop and rotation, which are key for reducing the risk of injury and increasing performance.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Helping people move better. Getting personal stories from people about how they are achieving their goals using Lumo products.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It measured what it promised, and it did so accurately. I've run full and half marathons for over a decade and have worked with a bunch of coaches over the years. I know my form issues, and I'll say that the device got it right.
- It has a working clip (which is what killed the Lift device). Note that if you run with a race belt/water belt, you might have some chaffing issues or some device accuracy issues.
- Similar to the Lift, it seems that this company designs things for personal use and does not test them with a wide range of users. What the app is completely missing is a treadmill mode - if you are on the treadmill, it will show your pace at a disheartening 1 hour per mile. Of course, the company is based in the Northern California where you can run outside all year. If it had been tested by a broader group of users, then the need for that treadmill setting would have become obvious.
- No metronome for cadence. Slow cadence is the most common form issue. And the way you fix it is giving people a clip-on running metronome (the Seiko DMS ones are popular, but there are others.)
The cons are really about the app, and hopefully, they can be quickly addressed in the next release.
Is it worth your money? Depends on your goals. If you don't have a run coach and need some help identifying your form issues, I think this device is a good tool.
1. The little device that you clip to your waistband. Seems to work perfectly so far. It's small and weighs next to nothing, so you never even know it's there. It comes in a little rubberized holder with the clip and I do wonder how sturdy that is over the long term. Battery life also seems fine. I'm not a marathoner, so I have no idea how well this would hold up over a long run, but I've forgotten to charge it on non running days and it's been fine, so it'll hold charge for at least a few days. The only issues that I've had are a few bluetooth dropouts and app crashes. BUT I'm running iOS 11 public Beta, so I'm guess the problems are Apple related and not Lumo.
2. The app. Pretty good. In fact, it seems more stable and snappier than MapMyRun, which tends to get into a funk sometimes. It has mostly the same functionality as apps like MapMyRun and much more because you get the coaching tips. I'm using Apple AirPods (I usually run with only one) and an iPhone 7 with iOS 11 Public Beta installed.
3. The coaching tips and videos. I'm really pretty impressed with this. The app analyses your running style and suggests exercises to focus on for improvements. These come with really nice short videos so it's clear what they're recommending. I'm focusing on cadence.
I'm a long time runner, and I love running. Not that long ago I had an injury to my achillies and it took a long time to heal. When I saw the Lumo Run I was attracted to it because I thought it might prevent injuries. And so far I've already learned something about my form. I believe there's a great deal of value in that knowledge and it may prevent me from another injury. If it does it's worth many times the price, believe me. For example, I learned to improve my cadence. My thought is that I was making my stride too long, thereby increasing impact and potentially creating other form issues. This put a strain on several parts of my body, possibly including my achilles.
Again, I have limited experience, but after all these years of running, it's really cool to learn so much. Not that long ago I was thinking I may have to give up running, but now I feel I could run for many more years. Lumo Run may help me do what I love for a long time, that's a nice prospect.
Most recent customer reviews
Lumo Run keeps you focused on your cadence and form.
Lumo Run is also pretty accurate.Read more