Oil month Automotive Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on March 21, 2015
I like the concept. The series levels at 2nd grade. I like the high interest comic style. Not nearly as humorous as the Babymouse and Squish series by Holms. The humor is just not there. These are a popular read at the school library but I found little interest in my class library. I bought a handful in this series and I'm not too impressed. Has an interest level up to 5th grade though and great for struggling older struggling readers who are affected often by only have reading material options at younger levels which can effect self esteem. Read it with your child then donate to a classroom or your school library. You'll be giving a gift that keeps giving after your child is done reading it. Give it a try and if it doesn't interest your child, try Babymouse or Squish series. Your child may enjoy this series.
on December 9, 2017
I am not a fan of graphic novels, personally, but I do understand their place on a bookshelf--especially an elementary classroom library's bookshelf. Many of my struggling and easily-intimidated readers have enjoyed reading the Lunch Lady series. The double-edged sword is the vocabulary: sometimes it is challenging... which is great for learning, but again, can be intimidating.
on October 1, 2011
Reading isn't just about school and I have 4 great nieces and nephews that I really hoped would love reading. Two of them don't; the Lunch Lady was part of my plan to entice them to read and...it worked! The fact that it looks like comic strips was an immediate win; the story was fun and interesting. I kept the books at my house and they didn't finish the one they were reading in the first visit. The true test of whether the books were worth it was the kids reaction when they returned for the second visit; they picked up the book they were reading and finished them! No school work; no book report...just fun! I'll be adding more of these books for future visits and also start sneaking in some regular books too. Thanks Lunch Lady...You Rock!
on February 7, 2014
I've been buying the Lunch Lady series for my eight-year-old granddaughter, but always read the books first. They are delightful stories of the adventures of a Lunch Lady with super powers who fights the bad guys, with the help of her assistant who thinks up products like the lunch-tray laptop and the spatula-copter. A slightly satirical version of the regular super-hero stories.
on October 12, 2016
I bought this book for my niece after hearing an interview with the author on a RadioLab podcast. My niece and I both love comic books, and we both enjoying this book thoroughly.
on July 15, 2016
Absolutely loved by the 8 year old. She reads each one twice and right away and then asks for a new one.
on August 2, 2017
Wonderful book with great message for girls. I've already ordered more.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This series is very popular with third and fourth graders at my school. I like that they create stories around different employees at the schools.
on June 19, 2015
My 2nd grade daughter loves this series. The books are funny and action packed. Everything takes place in 'her world' where she can understand the context. The art work is fun as well!
on February 14, 2017
So cute, perfect humor for 2-4th grades.