You’ve made a wise choice by choosing Lunette menstrual cup! Before you begin using your cup, let’s run through some basics to get you acquainted with your new device. Before first use, check that the air holes at the top of your cup are open. Wash your hands and clean the Lunette cup by washing with water and a mild soap. Then boil it in a large pot for 20 minutes before first use. TIP: Place the cup in a wire whisk to prevent contact with the bottom of the pan during boiling, which could damage the cup.
At Lunette HQ, we put a lot of energy into knowing the magical mysteries of a menstruating person's body and applying this knowledge to our products.
Team Lunette is doing a lot more than making and selling the best menstrual cups and products on the market — we aim to educate and inform the wonderful world of menstruation. But there’s this odd trend we’re seeing more of: many of us know more about our Facebook pages than we know about our inner workings. Weird! Team Lunette understands, and believes that’s been part of the educational problem: if you knew more about your body, and had better, more credible information (like how your body reacts to current "feminine protection" offerings), you might be able to make more informed choices. Right?
So that’s part of our mission. Our founder, Heli Kurjanen took the industry ‘by the strings’ and showed them very clearly what menstruating people wanted. Today, our customers are showing up en masse to do something better for themselves, their bodies and the planet.
So stay with us for a little minute, and let’s relive our Biology of Reproductive Anatomy class. It’s a refresher course for some, and perhaps, a first time read for our younger customers, but it’s always good to know.
Humans are fascinating creatures, so let’s get scientific….
The Lunette Menstrual Cup is the future of period care. It’s your user-friendly, safe, reusable, and eco-logical alternative to pads and tampons. Plus, using Lunette menstrual cups helps you rack up good karma points by protecting the environment and your purse strings offering peace of mind and a stress-free cycle.
You’re all set with Lunette: just fold, insert like a tampon, and let it do its thing. Lunette menstrual cups collects fluids rather than absorbing them, keeping your superior interior naturally lubricated and healthy. You empty it rather than change it, wash it, and reuse it. You never ‘run out of Lunette’ (like tampons) because it runs around with you: in a pretty, convenient pouch (in case you’re early) or in you, during your cycle. Relax, with Lunette menstrual cups, you can lose the leaks, and live your life.
Welcome to the future of period care…
- made of medical-grade silicone in Finland
- odorless, safe, and doesn't contain rubber latex
- affordable and eco-logical — good for you, your purse, and the planet — with proper care Lunette will love you for years
- a sanitary and healthy alternative to disposable tampons and pads
- easy-to-use, practical, and comfortable. It needs to be emptied only two to four times a day, and can be used overnight
- you can wear the cup when anticipating your period. With tampons, you risk dryness and irritation.
- safe: not conducive to dampness, outbreaks of vaginal candidiasis or cystitis
- your perfect teammate: wear during sports and other physical activities
- designed for all ages and sizes
- designed for those who have not yet engaged in sexual intercourse as well as those who use an IUD or contraceptive ring. If you are planning on using Lunette together with an IUD, we recommend discussing it with your doctor
- enables you to monitor your flow by providing measuring lines on the inside of the cup (5 ml and 13.5 ml in size 1, 7.5 ml and 15 ml in size 2). The lining of the cup is totally smooth and the tab is flat, making cleaning very easy
- not to be used during post-natal bleeding due to the risk of inflammation
- not disruptive to the natural lubricating ability of the vagina, nor does it dry out the vaginal mucous membrane as tampons do