Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 21, 2013
I purchased this for use in the kitchen/dining room area, I love the auto on / off features of the sensor and it is very easy to set up with the Maestro Wireless dimmers. It can sense subtle motion about 14 feet away. However no matter what I did I could not get the HVAC vent on the ceiling from turning this sensor on in the mornings when the heat went full blast. I tried taping off the area, reducing the sensitivity, nothing. So I ordered a L2-OKLB-P-WH wall sensor instead, the wall sensor can sense motion from 30ft away and looks much better then this ceiling mounted one did. I did re-purpose this sensor to another room and it works great now.

One final note, although Lutrons documentation and support telephone people were helpful they all told me you could not have the occupancy turn a dimmer to a certain level when it turned on. This is not true, simply set the dimmer to level that you want, then push and hold the test button on the dimmer until the light on the dimmer flashes. From then on the light will turn on to the level you had set instead of full blast.

Good job Lutron on making a solid set of wireless products, I am very pleased overall!
18 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 29, 2014
I love these sensors. They are the best-looking ceiling sensors on the market. Small profile. Easy to place with velcro & test, until you find just the right spot; then screw the cover plate to the ceiling and twist the business part onto the cover plate. Installation is so easy! You can set the timeout to one of 1, 5, 15 or 30 minutes. (Yes, 1 minute; it's a late addition found in the fine print.) You can also adjust the sensitivity (3 levels). It also supports vacancy mode (meaning you push the switch to turn lights on; lights go off after sensor has not detected motion for some time).

The fact that the sensor is wireless means you don't have to lead wires through your ceiling, and can move the sensor or repurpose it later.

They work with more or less all the Maestro and RadioRA-2 wireless switches/dimmers, and it is easy to pair them.

They are pretty sensitive. They seem reasonably resistant to being triggered by our forced hot air heating system, although above the refrigerator did not work -- it turned on with the refrigerator. You can have two to cover a large room, or one shaped like an "L".

My biggest gripe is I want the lights to turn on at the dim level I last set them at. There are two ways to activate your lights: press the touch plate, or via the occupancy sensor. The former does what I want. The problem is motion activation always turns the lights on to the brightest level. (The sensor behaves as if you double-tapped the touch plate, which is a feature bringing the lights to full on.)

My warning actually applies to the wireless switch or dimmer you will use with this occupancy sensor. I've been through hell with Lutron. They've given inaccurate, constantly changing information about which switches can be used with which lighting systems. (FWIW it's easy to get ahold of customer support, and they want to help.) A private lighting expert erroneously told me I could use Maestro switches with the RadioRA-2 system. Anyway, Lutron makes a Huge number of different switches; be careful what you buy.
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 15, 2014
Installed this in a powder room that had the light switch inexplicably placed behind a towel bar. Guests could never find the hidden light switch and a common single-gang motion sensor wouldn't have solved the problem. Paired with a Lutron MRF2-6ANS-WH Maestro Wireless 6 Amp Multi-location Switch, this combo offers excellent occupancy functionality (turns on and off automatically). The price is a little high - $100 for both units, but it's much cheaper than a wired solution. Most importantly, you can place the motion sensor in a location that's appropriate for the space to avoid activation by traffic outside the intended room. The sensor also doesn't activate with HVAC air movement, which is a common problem with occupancy sensors. Highly recommended.
7 people found this helpful
on March 20, 2014
I have two of these units, one in the basement and another in the kitchen that I recently set up. These unit perform to their advertised specification.

The basement one works flawlessly along with MRF2-6ANS Maestro Wireless 6 Amp Multi-location Switch
and a MA-AS Maestro Multi-Location Companion Switch. I have not had any performance issues with the basement unit.

The kitchen one I'm in the process of finding a good combination of location and sensitivity. Initial test install indicates that the range burners do seem to set off the motion sensor. Although wife made a good point that I shouldn't be leaving the kitchen if the burners are on anyway. Will report back with update or any issues.

I highly recommend this unit where the MS-OPS2 or the MS-OP600GHW is not a good fit.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 1, 2017
Installed in basemen utility room... covers the space well. Use to have a 30-minute timer, but furnace technician didn't like that he'd be in the dark every half hour... Now as long as he moves ever 15-minutes, he'll have light. Also nice for when arms are full to have the lights just come on for you...

Paired with an MRF-26ANS switch.
on July 5, 2015
Very, very happy with this sensor. It pairs perfectly with the Lutron Maestro MRF2-6CL-WH Wireless Dimmer. In my case, the dimmer lives at the top of a long stairway with no power switch at the bottom. By putting this sensor on the ceiling at the bottom of the stairs, the lights come on whenever anyone walks up to the bottom of the stairs. And of course, being wireless, it meant that I didn't have to destroy wallboard to run a power circuit from the sensor to the dimmer. Wireless wins again!

Things have been working for a while now. I like that the battery is supposed to last 10 years.
on November 18, 2014
This along with the Lutron MRF2-6ANS is an amazing combination. Use it for automatic control of the garage lights. We walk into the garage and boom the lights come on. No need to find the switch. We leave and 15 minutes later the lights go off. Saves a lot of electricity. The sensor is easily moved around to find the best location. It even provides the ability to measure the light and not turn on the lights if it's already well lit (the door is open). That's configurable as is the time for the lights to stay on.

Great product. Was using a hardwired 120v sensor before. They would fail about every year and were $70 each. Much better solution.
on January 10, 2016
This wireless motion detector works great. I had it installed by an electrician for the front covered porch with the Lutron LRF2-OCR2B wireless switch. The sensor was installed on the ceiling of the covered porch about 12 feet from the bottom of the steps. When you get to the steps it activates the lights. The only improvement that I would add is to have a daylight sensor. It turns on during the day but no big deal since it shuts off in 5 minutes.
on May 30, 2017
I have one in my closet and added this and the switch for my covered entryway. Works awesome as people approach the covered entrance, during dark hours, lights come automatically.
on December 7, 2017
I want to put one in every room