|Item Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.75 x 2 x 4.2 inches|
|Item model number||MS-OPS2-WH|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||SWITCH|
|Plug Profile||Wall Mount|
|Switch Style||Rocker Switch|
|Special Features||Deep Back Cover|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Lutron Maestro Motion Sensor Switch, No Neutral Required, 250 Watts, Single-Pole, MS-OPS2-WH, White
|List Price:||$30.93 Details|
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$12.03 (39%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Switch Style||Rocker Switch|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.75 x 2 x 4.2 inches|
|Plug Profile||Wall Mount|
|Actuator Type||Push Button|
|Current Rating||2 Amps|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Automatically turns the lights on when you enter the room and off when you leave
- Features XCT sensing technology which detects fine motion, such as typing at a desk or reading, ensuring lights do not turn off inadvertently
- Optional: Senses daylight so lights do not turn on when there is enough natural light in the room
- Programmable time-out of lights - 1, 5, 15 or 30 minutes
- Works with all bulbs types; up to 250-Watt incandescent, halogen, electronic low voltage 200-Watt magnetic low voltage 150-Watt CFL/LED 2 Amp ballasts
- Single-pole only; great for small rooms like kitchens, laundry rooms and closets
- Installs in as little as 15 minutes; no neutral required
- Includes (1) maestro sensor switch; coordinating wallplate sold separately
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Lutron Motion Sensor Switch
Maestro occupancy/vacancy sensors automatically turn lights on when you enter a space and off when you leave, making them a convenient way to save energy and add simple automation to your home.
Let Lutron Get the Lights
Lutron sensors are great when your hands are full and you can't easily reach the light switch.
It's laundry day and clothes are piled high. Sensors installed in the laundry room gives you one less thing to worry about.
Do you have forgetful children? Install a motion sensor and never worry about your kids leaving the lights on again.
|2 Amp Motion Sensor Switch||5 Amp Motion Sensor Switch||6 Amp Dual Voltage Motion Sensor Switch||150 Watt LED Dimmer Switch with Motion Sensor||6 Amp Dual Circuit Motion Sensor Switch||6 Amp Dual Tech Motion Sensor Switch|
|Key Applications||Kitchen, Laundry Room||Hallway, Garage||Breakroom, Office||Bathroom, Kid's Room||Training Room, Conference Room||Private Office, Bathroom|
|Amperage/Wattage||2 Amp Lighting||5 Amp Lighting, 3 Amp (120 V) fan||6 Amp Lighting, 3 Amp (120 V) fan||600 Watts inc/halogen, 150 Watts LED/CFL||6 A lighting 4.4 A fan (120 V) per circuit||6 A lighting 4.4 A fan (120 V) per circuit|
|Voltage||120 Volts||120 Volts||120-277 Volts||120 Volts||120-277 Volts per circuit||120-277 Volts|
|Single Pole, 3-Way, Multi-Location||Single Pole||3-Way/Multi-Location||3-Way/Multi-Location||3-Way/Multi-Location||Single Pole||3-Way/Multi-Location|
|Timeout||1, 5, 15, or 30 minutes||1, 5, 15, or 30 minutes||1, 5, 15, or 30 minutes||1, 5, 15, or 30 minutes||1, 5, 15, or 30 minutes per circuit||1, 5, 15, or 30 minutes|
|Technology||XCT PIR||XCT PIR||XCT PIR||XCT PIR||XCT PIR||XCT dual-technology (PIR and ultrasound)|
Lutron Maestro Motion Sensor Switch, No Neutral Required, 250 Watts, Single-Pole, MS-OPS2-WH, White.
From the Manufacturer
Let Lutron's Maestro Occupancy Sensor switch turn the lights on and off for you. It's a simple, easy, and low cost way to save energy and add automation to your home. Install a Maestro Sensor and lights turn on when you enter the room, and then turn off automatically after you leave. This sensor features Advanced XCT Sensing Technology which detects fines motion, such as desk activities or reading, ensuring lights do not turn off inadvertently. Equipped with ambient light detection, your sensor can detect daylight so lights don't turn on when enough natural light is in your room. Keeping the sleek design of the Maestro family, Lutron sensors will match the décor of any room in your home. Install it in the laundry room for added convenience when your hands are full, or in the garage rooms and never worry about lights being left on by mistake. Maestro Sensors works with any bulb type, including CFLs and LEDs. This switch can also be easily programmed to function as a vacancy (manual-on) sensor.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT RETURNABLE. AS A PRIME MEMBER AMAZON WAS COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO REFUND MY PURCHASE BUT FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT PRIME MEMBERS BEWARE. THE MANUFACTURER DOES NOT ACCEPT RETURNS OF THIS PRODUCT.
1) Be aware of the wattage limitation. It appears that it's limited to 250 watts total flowing through it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it seems to indicate. Now adays with LED lighting, that might not be an issue, but if you're thinking of having it shutdown a large room with lots of CFL or candescent bulbs, be aware that it might not work for you.
2) Troubleshooting Note - If you wire it and the lights remain on, the switch doesn't turn off the lights and it doesn't light up when you hold the button then it's not a problem with the switch. It's your GROUNDING. You MUST have a working ground wire. That's not a concern if you're in a more recently built house, but if you're like me and living in a 1970s house, be aware that you might not be able to use it in a lot of circuits.
3) Works perfectly with my Leviton Decora wall plates. I've been swapping out my old switches/receptacles with the rectangle form and they fit perfectly on it. MAYBE a very slight white sheen difference (maybe), but not even close to being worth being concerned about
4) Uses wire to wire connection instead of screw type - This actually makes it quicker to install versus the traditional bend-the-wire and fit it around the screws of the device. I always use one of the quick connectors and it makes install a breeze
5) What's the deal with the thin wire thing on the top - My version (new from Amazon) didn't have the brass top as shown in the main picture, but if you look closely at the second picture, you'll see a thin bare wire that goes through holes in the top of the device. I don't understand this at all. It gets wired into the ground (for some reason) and looks totally out of place. At first I thought it was some shipping wire or something. Strange. Of course, once you get the wallplate on, its invisible.
Great device and hope it lasts for a long time.
Sometimes it turns off, sometimes it just stays on, ALL NIGHT.
I would say it turns the lights off the way it is supposed to about 25% of the time. It turns them off AT SOME POINT about 25% of the time, and the other 50% it simply does not turn them off.
I will be looking to replace it with another brand asap.
Top reviews from other countries
The sensitivity is excellent and easily reaches across my small bathrooms even out to 180° (parallel to the wall).
1) The unit is not huge but is large. This wouldn't be a problem if the wires could be screwed to the back of the unit, like a normal switch, but it has wire tails that require nuts to join and all this takes space in the switch wall-box. Plan ahead with how these will install, especially with gang boxes.
2) The sensors can see motion and don't seem to be fooled by air blasts (so long as those blasts don't move anything). However, they also can't see through glass. One of my units should be able to 'see' into a shower, but motion within is not detected despite the glass door. This unit has to have a longer time-out programmed to allow someone to shower safely, but that extends the light being on after the room is vacated.
Anyway, minor gripes and the unit has settings to get around the limitations.
Have a think about where these could be used and look up videos of people who have installed them for ideas.
If you have kids, I can't see why you wouldn't own these for at least the bathroom.
Reviewed in Canada on May 12, 2016
Compare with other electronic switches
This ItemLutron Maestro Motion Sensor Switch, No Neutral Required, 250 Watts, Single-Pole, MS-OPS2-WH, White
($19.00 / 1 Count)
|switch type||Rocker Switch||Push Button||Toggle||-||Push Button||-|
|circuit type||-||1-way||Single Pole||-||3-way||-|
|actuator type||Push Button||Push Button||Push Button||-||-||-|