Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 553 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 583 reviews
on January 5, 2017
I've never been fond of bright lights. Some lights put out more light than you need. With this dimmer, you can adjust the light output to just the amount that you need for what you are doing. Suddenly a floor lamp becomes a night light. Dim your living room or bedroom table lamp while you watch tv. The slider switch feels well made and not cheap. It can also be used to turn off the lamp completely. The cord is long enough for most applications. All in all a very handy little appliance. Recommended.
on July 13, 2016
I use this with a bedside lamp and it is perfect! I plugged this into the wall and then plugged my lamp into the backside of the plug and that was it! I turned my bedside lamp on and used the dimmer switch to do the rest. When it starts getting dark I slide the switch to the brightest position so I can find my way through the room when I need to. I sit in bed and read before I go to sleep. When I am ready to go to sleep I dim the light to the lowest setting or off. I have a dog that I let out a few times a night so working with the dimmer switch, that has gripping pads to hold itself to my bedside table, is more convenient than fumbling for a lamp switch. I like that this dimmer works with pretty much any type of light bulb.
on September 17, 2017
I bought these to control lamps on our bedroom nightstands. They make it really easy to turn the lamp on and off without fumbling under the shade for the switch/control. These are simple. The lamp plugs into the unit and the unit plugs into the outlet. The control has rubberized strips on the bottom to prevent them from sliding on a smooth surface (they stay put). They also provide nice mood lighting, with the dimming capability.

Note that they are rated to use with CFL/LED bulbs, but I am currently using them with incandescent bulbs.
on January 5, 2017
I bought this to dim my lanai lights. While I loved having our lanai lit at night, it just seemed a little too bright. We rigged this up so that it was under a cover (no chance of getting wet, I really don't believe this is made for outdoor use) and dimmed the lights to about half of their normal brightness. So much better! I don't think this is technically for outdoor use, but it's held up well being under cover and away from the rain. I have nothing but good things to say.
on September 2, 2017
Product does exactly what it's supposed to do! Bought a funky mid-century modern lamp from a thrift shop, and put it on my bedside table. Loved the lamp, but it was too bright. Didn't include a dimmer, so bought a Philips 455840 60W Equivalent 2200K-2700K A19 Dimmable LED Warm Glow Light Effect Light Bulb, Soft White and this dimmer, and voila! Perfection. Doesn't make any noise as other reviewers have mentioned. I suspect they have either a faulty neutral or a faulty ground with their house wiring. Very common with older houses and can cause certain electronics and appliances to hum.
on February 1, 2014
I was hesitant to order this product given the very mixed reviews, but I wanted a dimmer on my bedroom lamp enough to take the risk.

The dimmer itself is fine. It works as advertised. But how well it works depends which bulb you are dimming with it. This dimmer was bought specifically to dim the lamp on my bedside table, which currently has an LED installed.

I tried the dimmer with a CFL bulb installed in the lamp, and it caused the bulb to hum or buzz. Yuck. But I'm getting rid of my CFLs anyway.

I've been on something of an LED adventure recently. LED is finally coming around, but there's still a lot of variation in the quality of the bulbs. First I tried this dimmer with a couple of those Cree LEDs you can find at Home Depot (they are listed as dimmable). The bulbs hummed when dimmed, and as others have said the dimming range was narrow. You could only dim to about 50% of full output. This was a lousy result and I was about to send the dimmer back to Amazon, but I did some research on Google and it turns out not all LEDs are created equal.

To elaborate on the hum, it's a subtle electrical hum emanating from the bulb itself (not the dimmer). I hate noise. I think electrical hums are one of the great nuisances of modern life. We're all accustomed to light fixtures humming or buzzing in the workplace and school, like those ghastly, ubiquitous fluorescent ceiling panels - but when I'm at home I like to have peace and quiet.

Next, I bought a Philips LED through Amazon and installed it in the same lamp, with the dimmer. I bought the new bulb specifically because the reviews say it doesn't buzz. Well, the bulb does buzz, but you can only hear it if you put your ear about 4 inches from the bulb. From a foot away or more, it's effectively silent. I'm not sure why this is, but it's good enough for me. The Philips bulb also dims much lower than the Crees; thus, dimming it actually worth the trouble.

So, ultimately, this dimmer is good. Just make sure the bulb you're using is up to the task.
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2016
The Lutron TTCL-100H-BL Credenza Dimmable CFL/LED works OK. The only annoyance is that once in a while, when the lights are dimmed, it flickers when using LED light bulbs. The unit did not flicker when using incandescent filament bulbs, but those are getting harder to get. I'll probably won't purchase it again if I can locate a dimmer that is this size and cost. For the price, this unit is just OK.
on January 11, 2016
Kind of does what is supposed to do, but not well. The slider that adjust the level is very "dirty" and it's extremely difficult to get a light level that is somewhere in between full on and off! When you do "dial in" a medium level it may start to flicker after a few minutes. I have found that by "working" the slider back and forth and then going to a medium setting will help, but the next time you want to change it it's the same thing all over again! I'm keeping it because it does work on LEDs better than the old "resistive" type dimmer I replaced with this one, plus it wasn't worth sending it back!

I'm using this on a couple of LED Par 30 dimmable bulbs that I use for back lighting in the TV room!
on September 3, 2017
50/50 chance that this is the problem or it could be the rope lights. Occasionally, the lights will start to flicker. When you slide the dimmer, it clears up and goes away for a while. Figured if I ordered the two together, they would work better, but doesn't seem to be the case. Rope lights are CBConcept UL Listed, 30 Feet, 3200 Lumen, 6000K Pure White, Dimmable, 110-120V AC Flexible Flat LED Strip Rope Light, 540 Units 3528 SMD LEDs, Indoor/Outdoor Use.
on November 19, 2015
We got this to use with a bedside lamp. On the dimmest setting the lamp is just a little brighter than a typical night light. This can also be used as an on/off switch making it much easier to use than reaching for the switch on the lamp. I threaded it through the back of the night table so it is out of sight & can easily be reached in the top drawer. I do wish the dimmest setting would be just a little dimmer so we could use the lamp as a night light. It does work for that use but is just a little brighter than I would like.

This is important: Be sure to use a dimmable LED bulb. Not all LEDs will work. Check that the package says dimmable.