Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Luvs Premium Stretch Diapers with Ultra Leakguards Diapers, Size 5, 168 Count
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on May 24, 2011
I am very disappointed in the price hike on the luvs diapers. They are identical to the diapers they had before, other than 18 more in the package. I can understand an increase in price since there are more diapers in the package, but its a big increase. Here are some round about figures to get an idea: These numbers are based on the size 5 pack.

The old pricing was: $35.05 before S&S and after was $24.53 and you got free 2 day prime shipping for 150 count box
The new pricing is: $42.99 before S&S and after is $30.09 and free 3-5 day shipping for a 168 count box. (you can get free 2 day if you drop one of the 15% discounts)
To sum it all up, that is an increase of 23% before S&S and 20% increase after S&S for only an 8% increase in diapers received.

I can go to the store now and buy them on sale with coupons at about the same price, if not better. I stopped looking at diaper deals in store because the deal was so good on here, but with the new pricing on the same product, I will be looking at the store ads again. I think luvs is a great product, but disappointed in the price. And no more amazon diaper codes either. Hmmmmm....
3030 comments| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2012
The Luvs diapers work just as well as the more expensive brands. The fit is good around the legs (even on a squirmy, active toddler), there haven't been any leaks (even overnight), they almost have a faint baby powder smell, and they aren't bulky. We've been very happy with them and will continue to purchase Luvs.
on October 17, 2011
I have always used Luvs. They are a great product. It's Amazon that I'm disappointed with. Every month the price seems to change. The point of me buying them on here is because of the 30% discount but if the price continues to increase I won't be buying here much more.
on January 9, 2012
Luvs, to me, are comparable to Pampers in that they are a little softer than Huggies. I have been buying Luvs almost exclusively for my three boys for 4 years. The quality is consistent. If I am forced to pick up another brand there will usually be at least a couple diapers that have some sort of defect which make them unusable. Luvs will continue to be my brand until my kids are out of diapers. I highly recommend them.
on May 23, 2011
The Size 5-150 count packs were a good deal, especially with subscribe and save but I was just notified that this product is no longer available and I'm being switched to the 168 count pack. With the price increase, this amounts to a 10% increase on a per diaper basis. That seems like a big jump all of the sudden and I'll have to evaluate my other options as the savings with Subcribe and Save don't seem to be as good as they used to be.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 11, 2013
Oh my gosh, its like I can't go 3 hours without changing a diaper or if I pick my son up i'll have wet stains all over me. Money back guarantee is BS as well. 6 months to refund! Seriously? who cares after 6 months. I bought these in bulk and I won't even finish the other 100. Back to Pampers.
on May 25, 2011
Even with the increase in cost (accounting for subscribe and save and Amazon mom discount), the price still is one of the better ones out there. To truly understand the impact of the price increase, you need to see the cost on a per diaper basis:

Previous cost with S&S: $24.53 for 150 diapers --> $0.16 per diaper
Current cost with S&S: $30.09 for 168 diapers --> $0.18 per diaper

That's an increase of $0.02 per diaper. So for 168 diapers, you're talking about an overall increase of $3.36. It's well worth it considering many diapers range from $0.20 to $0.50 per diaper.

As for the diapers themselves, my son has been using it for over a year and I like the quality. No leaks, no rashes (if changed promptly), and great fit.
on November 2, 2011
I have been buying Luvs for my twins for the longest time. I tried every other diaper on the market and keep going back to Luvs. These diapers are light as a feather, WERE super absorbent and fit great. Then I needed to switch from size 4 to 5 and the problems began. The diapers didn't fit well. It was too bulky and used to hang down between the legs. These was the ones that I purchased from amazon. It was frustrating and very costly to be changing the diapers every little while so they stayed on and fitted well. I switched to huggies snug and dry. They were so rough, like paper and leaked all the time. In my desperation I bought a box of luvs on sale at Target. They were wonderful! So different to what is sold on Amazon. Although with subscribe and save it's a real good deal especially with 168 Luvs diapers in a box, I still think I get short changed.
Dissapointing.
on April 13, 2012
With Amazon's Subscribe and Save, I think these diapers are a great deal! I was previously using Kirkland brand but Luvs are cheaper and better! My son has worn size 4, 5 and 6 and we have not had any problems what so ever with these diapers. He even has sensitive skin and these diapers have not caused rashes. Great absorbency, cute pattern and they fit him good. No complaints from me, just a good diaper at a great price!
on August 12, 2011
We haven't had problems with these diapers. They are really thin and fit nicely on baby. He rarely leaks through them. We tried Huggies and Pampers and he leaked through both. Luvs are so much cheaper than the other brands. This size box is not easy to find. I've only ever seen it on Amazon. It's a big club size box and it's a great price. I think I was paying $19.99 for half as many diapers at Walmart or Target. We've never, ever had a blowout in these either. I'm not sure how they would work for girls. I think different diapers work better for boys than girls but they are definitely worth a shot. Also, doing the subscribe and save is the best thing EVER. They come to your door, you get a 15% discount, and if you're a member of Amazon Mom you get an additional 15% off. HELLO??? 30% off diapers? You don't have to leave the house? And they come whenever you need them to? It saves me tons of money, time, gas, and on impulse buys. I do the same with Huggies wipes. Happy diapering!!