|Item Weight||15.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.8 x 1.5 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||GEO-WH|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Average Battery Life||365 days|
Lux Products GEO-WH Wi-Fi Thermostat, White
|Price:||$125.13 Amazon Prime | Fast, FREE Shipping with|
|You Save:||$54.86 (30%)|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Removal of existing thermostat
- Installation of 1 new thermostat
- Testing new thermostat for proper function
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Installs quickly like a standard thermostat. Unique horizontal or vertical mount capability.
- Easy set-up and programming directly from unit.
- Free iOS or Android App makes home comfort flexible & mobile.
- App features geofencing option with easy “away” and “back” settings for added savings and comfort.
- Three power options: battery only (2-AA lithium batteries included), micro-USB connection (cord not included) or system power (C-wire).
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
LUX/GEO delivers flexibility and control
With its attractive design and soft curves, LUX/GEO has both brains and beauty. The large display, control wheel interface and free Android/iOS App offer intuitive functionality both online and at the device. The GEO gives the user full control with easy to understand programing and built-in radius geofencing to automatically save energy when the user is out of the house.
For use on:
- Universal compatibility for conventional heat & A/C up to 2-stage heat/2-stage cool.
- Universal compatibility for heat pumps with up to 2-stage heat/2-stage cool (including aux/emergency heat).
- 3-wire heat only hydronic systems (hot water, baseboard and radiator).
- Gas millivolt heaters.
Not for use on:
- Heat pump with (Y2) two compressor stages.
- Line voltage systems (120/240 VAC).
Features and Compatibility
- Easy installation and WiFi connection.
- Easy to program from unit or with app.
- Large, backlit display.
- 7-day programming.
- Selectable Fahrenheit/Celsius setting.
- Low battery detection
- Air filter monitor
- Operates on 24V C-Wire, 2 AA Lithium batteries (included) or micro-USB cord (not included).
- Radius geofencing for automatic savings.
- Dual mount: vertical and horizontal.
- Finish: pearl white with brushed chrome accent or black with black chrome accent.
- Mercury free
- 3-year warranty.
- Wheel control interface or smartphone app.
- Use with or without WiFi.
Radius Location Detection
LUX/GEO can tell your system when you're close to home.
Install horizontally or vertically.
Connect the LUX/GEO via WiFi with free iOS or Android Apps.
Three power options include battery only, micro-USB and system C-wire.
- Universal system compatibility
- U.S. Based Phone Support
- Automatic time/date set and daylight savings adjust.
- High/low temp and 'device offline' alerts – perfect for 2nd homes or elderly family members.
- Rebates may be available from your energy provider.
- Includes wall plate and 2 AA Lithium batteries.
- Wheel control is simple to use.
- Works with multiple power sources; 24V 'C-Wire', 2 AA Lithium batteries or USB-Micro plug.
- Easy-read display is always visible.
- Easy app for WiFi connection and system programming.
- Operation, set up and function from unit, even without internet connection.
- Quickly set your schedule from LUX/GEO or App.
- Radius geofencing saves energy with your schedule.
Say hello to LUX/GEO the first WiFi thermostat with true-battery power. This universal system compatible thermostat offers 3-power options: 2 AA Lithium batteries, a micro-USB, or the C-wire. The LUX/GEO delivers flexibility and control all with the touch of your smartphone screen or with the intuitive control wheel interface. This 7-day programmable thermostat is packed with features, including radius geofencing.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Easy installation. Once the wires are connected and batteries are in, everything else is done through the phone app. (Which means I can sit and did not have to stand on the hallway staring at the thermostat the entire time). The setup using the app is easy to follow. All in all it took me 45 minutes, (including uninstalling the old thermostat).
2. The phone app works and easy to use. Scheduling, geofencing, all works as advertised. No need to go around turning the heat down before leaving the house anymore.
3, Compatible with my outdated furnace when other wifi thermostats aren't. It is battery operated, so even if my system does not have the wiring for power source, it can still work. (My system is an old gas furnace, low voltage with two wires: red (R) and white (W). See photo.)
4. The wall unit is easy to operate. Non-technical family members find the rotating dial easy to use and they can operate the wall unit without having to read any manual.
5. No touchscreen, and for once that is a good thing for me. No fingerprints to clean. The younger family members initially complained about the lack of touch, only to find out that rotating the wheel is much easier to do.
What can be improved:
1. It ain't small. I uploaded a photo comparing it to my old one. Not much improvement from the size point of view. It is nice that a back plate is included, so I can cover the holes on the wall left behind by the old thermostat. But on a non-white wall, the plate makes the thermostat look even bigger. I wish the unit was a little smaller.
2. The display reminds me of an old Nokia phone I had years ago. I won't say ugly, but it ain't fancy.Read more ›
It seems like everyone is getting into the connected thermostat business. Big Guys. Little Guys. Many that not one has ever heard of before.
I've used Lux Thermostats for more than 20 years. They have always been priced right and worked without issue. So, I was glad to give these a try.
My Wish list:
Connected; no subscription. Check!
iOS App and web access. Check!
Auto switch Cooling and Heating. Check!
Flexible programming. Check!
'Refresh' fan selection ( 'Clean Cycle' in LuxTalk). Check!
Easy User overrides that revert back to program operation automatically. Check!
Easy to swallow price point. Check!
Better than I had hoped:
Simple option when system has no "C Wire'. Check!!!
Available in Black or White housing. Check!
Amazing system statistic reports. Check!!!!!
Super fast connection with iOS app. Check
Geo Fencing (although I have't used this)
What I still wish for:
Current system and fan operation status display on app main screen. (Something like: System: Furnace: Running - Fan: 'Clean Cycle")
Ability to select fan setting separately for each time period. ( You may want to use 'Clean Cycle' at day and 'Auto' at night.
Ability to bump target temp in Auto mode (help file alludes that this may be coming)
The 'wished for' items are probably just software upgrades.
I am using this in an office where the chronic complaints about the climate controls are now a distant memory. I'll be buying more.
The Battery operation when no C-wire is present is what really separates this from the pack.
The Lux app in the iphone works fine, easy to set the temperature, update the schedule, set the geo fence radius. But there is also a nice web portal that gives easier to read access to temperature graphs and run time for each day: See [...]
I will continue to update this review with my findings as I get more experience with the thermostat.
[2/2/2016] Found out what the CLEAN CYCLE does from Lux support. It's a permanent mode for the fan so to speak. Set it to on and the fan is guaranteed to run a total of 18 min for each hour (6 minutes per 20 minute time frame, total of 18 minutes per hour.) if the system is not running anyway for heating/cooling, So this should keep the air moving when the system is not actively cooling or heating, creating more even temperatures in the house. Also tested a loss of internet connectivity, I unplugged my router from the cable modem, so my internet connection was down, but my local network was still up, I could no longer control the thermostat via the smart phone app, although both devices are connected via wifi locally, so the Lux servers must be accessible by both for the smart phone app to work. I could of course still adjust the thermostat directly.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great, I have heat pump with ele emerg strips and being able to adjust the swing is great.Published 2 hours ago by MB
No Wifi connectivity. Customer service tried to make it work over the phone but not successful. Also the build is very flimsy and cheap plastic.Published 3 days ago by Jim T
I found this to be an excellent thermostat and it performs admirably. It has a large, easily viewed display and is quite simple to use. Read morePublished 4 days ago by tech-documents
I like that it does what it is supposed to but I really dislike the total lack of any manual or online help. Had to call tech support to use the features. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Peggy
Wow, it's wonderful. I was looking for wifi thermostat for my house and weekend house. Nest thermostat was recommended to me by an electrician but was a bit expensive for my taste. Read morePublished 8 days ago by OMSDDS
I Really wanted this unit to work with my gas boiler. Unit had difficulty connecting to my wifi router; which is a Verizon FIOS Quantum brand new out of box. Read morePublished 9 days ago by K9Cousin
Great thermostat. We got this because my shop has a waste oil furnace, and it runs off a 2 wire thermostat. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Eric H
I hope this review is helpful for homeowners with a Honeywell Trol-a-Temp forced hot air zone damper systems for single stage heating and cooling. My system was installed in 1990. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Mark D.